Bushwhacker's N64p Log; UPDATED DAILY;please help NEW DESIGN

Good news my man. My buddy has tons of broken computers laying around so he'll pull some for me.

IMPORTANT: I'm updating the first few posts on this thread because I've changed my design, and I'll link my youtube channel which has my video worklog. (I've actually finished some stuff lol, I don't just ask questions.) Please check it out everyone. Thanks.

Sure is nice when you post your pictures on the same page as your text.
Oh, here you go.
n64plan2.png

Thanks Beta. Probably a good idea because I bet few would actually go back to the first page I edited like I said in my previous post, and no one reads from the first page on but from the newest page. Thanks. Oh and I figured out how to solder the composite cables directly to da board all by mahselfs!

You were saying you need a name?

The Whacka64 (You could even include a picture of Whacka.)

lol.

My ZN-45 SNESp is called the Z-NES45 (Zuper-Nintendo Entertainment System 45) because it's probably like the 45th SNESp.

I thought about that, but I decided against it, because considering that SNES actually stands for Super Nintendo Entertainment System, I figure that you could also pronounce each letter individually, so with pronunciation, it makes no difference.

But we're getting off topic, this thread is about your portable, not mine, so... Nice portable! I like it! :D I can't wait to see the finished product.

Wow. Cannot believe this. I broke the cart slot after failing at trying to relocate it. Im never ever trying a relocation again. All I can do now is see if i can get another N64

Well when i soldered the ribbon cable on, the pins got really hot and dome of them fell off or cracked:/ i can get another n64 and just leave the cart slot where it is

How many pins does an N64 cart slot have? And are there any for sale online like the 72-pin connector? If so, you should get that and try another relocation. Chances are that was probably a weird one-time thing

Ithought about that. Im actually just considering getting another N64 and modding it rather than making it a portable. I mean i was doing good but im reconsidering this.

Wise decision. Better to do something easier than to keep trying something difficult and wasting money on replacement n64s...

Back