Bushwhacker's N64p Log; UPDATED DAILY;please help NEW DESIGN

Re: Bushwhacker's N64p Log; UPDATED 12/12; please help

Yes, you can! Bacteria (HIS NAME BE DAMNED :twisted: ) did this in one of his portables. I can go into mroe details if you wish.

I even did it with my First n64 portable.

When the Batts leaked, to play it i had to cut a hole for the Adapter, and thats how I played it.

Ok sweet! That makes things waaay easier lol. Today i opened the console up, removed the video plug and the bottom port, and started on my frankencase. Its goin well. How exactly would i run the screen off of the n64 adapter?

You should try to power the screen with the psone adapter, and the n64 with it's own adapter for now. Wait until you have a 7.2v battery. Then you just put the 7.2v into the screen and into the n64's 12v line, and use a voltage regulator for the 3.3v line, and you're set. For more info check out some detailed work logs.

Wow im confused. Can i not run another line off of the 12v and step it down

Yes, you can, but then you would need two regulators. The 12v line on the n64 can use 7.2v, and the psone screen can also run off of 7.2v. So if you use a battery that is 7.2v, you only need one regulator to step the 7.2v down to 3.3v just for the 3.3v line for the n64.

K but the point is to not use a battery (sorry im confuzzled but i really do appreciate the help) so can i do this without one?

K i reread what u said and i get it, but i probably wont get a battery for awhile, so can you tell me how to run the screen off the n64 adapter? Im guessing a regulator for 7.2v?

Oh. Yeah, just put a 7808 between the screen and the n64's 12v line and you can power both with the adapter. That is, if the screen and the n64 don't pull too much amperage from the wall adapter.

Hmm... Do ps1 screens have power jacks on them? Then i could just get an adapter for it for now until i get the glbattery. What is the min it can run at (run well i mean)?

Voltage? 7.2v. I wouldn't try any lower than that.
Amperage? About 1000mah unmodified.

Ok thanks! But do you think 7.0 would work?

Also i may have a problem. When i opened the system, i accidentally nicked the mobo with a drill. All ut did was make a small scratch on the power line thing. I cant test it right now, can anyone forsee any problems?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as it didn't completely cut the trace.

well, you could always reconnect it just in case.

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure. Ill probably be able to get a cable to test it tmrw or tues. Today ill work on my case more.

Ok ill be getting a bunch of crap for the system tmrw and ill be able to test it. Is it possible to relocate the power jack? Also, to test video can i just touch a wire to the video pin and run it into an rca cable?

yes, you can relocate the power jack.
and you can do that with the rca plug.

Back