Bushwhacker's N64p Log; UPDATED DAILY;please help NEW DESIGN

Re: Bushwhacker's N64p Log; UPDATED 12/14; please help

Ok this is gonna sound dumb but i really dont wanna mod a controller up cuz i dont have a multimeter. Id gladly pay someone to wire one up for me seperated into parts: joystick, a and b with c buttons and r, d pad with L. Ill post a diagram if needed

You don't really need a multimeter to wire up a controller. I suppose if you want to check continuity, then you might need one, but otherwise most of those things are a simple as extending the "switch" which is what the a, b, and c buttons are. The joystick on the other hand will depend on the stick, whether you're using an OEM joystick or a third party controller like a Yobo and using a GC stick or similar. I apologize if I missed the type of controller you are using. I'm sure most of the guys here could help you extend that controller on your own if need be.

Oh ok i thought it was more difficult then that. I did plan on using anbofficial nintendo one. I also wanted to wire the z to the plastic L trigger, i dont think that would be too hard, could i have your opinion on that?

It would just as easy as switching the wires around. Imagine the Z button was a switch. You could take the lead from the switch in the L button position and solder it to the Z button lead, the other end to the ground. That would place the Z button where the L button was.

Sweet thought itd be similar to that. I appreciate the help. Btw, i checked out ur snesp log; did you ever continue it?

no, I don't like the case, so I'll either make a new one or finish it later

Cool. Im probably getting a soldering iron today, and can start on that stuff tmrw

Can i use general purpose wiring to do the cart relocation?

Yeah, but you'll want something high gauge, around 30. The best thing to use would be IDE ribbon cable

Ive heard tht but couldnt find any on radioshacks site. Do they carry IDE? if not, what are the problems with the 30 guage? Aldo what would I use for relocatong the power input?

For the cart relocation? That's probably a horrible idea - the wire is not flexible enough and will break the solder/pins off if you move it too much, which makes it a pain in the ass for doing anything except for power. (Remember, higher number, smaller wire). You'll probably have to find some IDE ribbon cable in an old computer or order some smaller wire online if RadioShack doesn't have it (they should have 22gauge and in some places 24)

Ok thanks. Someone told me to use 30! 18 is pretty think anyways. I dont have any old stuff laying around, and radioshack doesnt have it either. Ive looked online, but i cabt find anyone who has it. Do you know any retailers who stock them, or websites?

Back