The "WiiBoy"

Not sure what revision. As far as I know, only the driver boards change significantly, and that is small and needs no modding anyways, it fits flat on the motherboard.

And SS, wait long enough, and I will do EVERYTHING! :p

The fact that you made it toploading is badass, but a slotloading portable is EVEN MORE badass.

Yeah, slimmer portables are badass, but when you show it off, you just put on the disc and go, not that fancy.

But when you have a glowing slotloading drive! Then, it gets awesome. Cause then peeps are liek, "OMGZ ITS JUST LIKE THE WII HOW DUD YEE DO DAT LOLOLOL?"

You also feel cooler when a device you made is slotloading. Trust me, I know this from experience.

SS

I've never seen one of your gcp's being a slot loading portable.(other than the wiils, but that was cheap)

If you want glowing, I am covered. Just got my order of Sky Blue EL wire in the mail yesterday. It lights up. :D

Slot loading is for laptops. Believe me, it is huge and heavy on a WiiP.

34ez314.jpg

i feel obligated to point out, that, while that is quite neat, and fancy smanshy, there is nothing being displayed on that lcd. ;) :awesome:

I know, it is not hooked up. Just been running it to test temps with the new fan.

It idles on 30c with a fan, and 46c without one. Gonna try a heavy load and see how it does, it should be perfectly safe at 65c.

Be sweet to have a hard drive. Are you going to use that small solid state one you said you had a while ago.

use a good SSD and sundriver and you're good to go. (although I still haven't figured out how to run the sundriver game select thingy on the wii itself, it is harder than it looks)(use a 500 gig at least, because by default settings, each game slot is 4.7 gigs and no smaller, even if the iso is scrubbed with wiiscrubber. it does not compress and with a 500 gig hdd I can only get about 104 games on if I remember correctly)(I put SSBB on and it just gave the game 2 slots, so dual layer disks still work)(maybe a wode would be better, although that is just my impression)(if you can tell me how to use the sundriver game selection menu, please do)(brackets are da bomb) what screen is that?

mako321 said:
use a good SSD and sundriver and you're good to go. (although I still haven't figured out how to run the sundriver game select thingy on the wii itself, it is harder than it looks)(use a 500 gig at least, because by default settings, each game slot is 4.7 gigs and no smaller, even if the iso is scrubbed with wiiscrubber. it does not compress and with a 500 gig hdd I can only get about 104 games on if I remember correctly)(I put SSBB on and it just gave the game 2 slots, so dual layer disks still work)(maybe a wode would be better, although that is just my impression)(if you can tell me how to use the sundriver game selection menu, please do)(brackets are da bomb) what screen is that?
Do you have any idea how much a good 500gb SSD costs? $1000+ :wtf:

Back