The "WiiBoy"

Do you mean next summer? D: ::p

Imma go into hibernation. When I wake up, I better see this complete. Pics... this summer...

Battery pack is a 14.7v, 4500mah li-po pack. Not measured it beyond a really fast check, it seems to vary a LOT between, say, idle on the menu and playing actual games. Will get back to y'all on that.

PalmerTech said:
Battery pack is a 14.7v, 4500mah li-po pack. Not measured it beyond a really fast check, it seems to vary a LOT between, say, idle on the menu and playing actual games. Will get back to y'all on that.
in my experience, it holds rather steady right up unto death. (if you use the original power board, which is wired very awkwardly to allow the 5v, and 9-20v range. the original board isnt exactly efficient. running an xbox, i got 35% longer play time with a batteryspace 14.8v pcb, than with the original board. (only running the 12 volt line. 3.3 and 5v were still running off the power supply).

the cells themselves are very high quality. they stay up around 3.8 for most of their charge, then drop off really fast. (as opposed to the gradual curve of most others) they also hold a charge for a very long time. ive had some since like september, and i busted em out about a week ago, and they still had a full charge. great batteries.

loving it so far, palmer. :awesome:

if I may ask, can you show us how you did all this and also tell us why you plan on removing the usb ports?

by george, he's right! somehow though, that looks more tiny and epic than anything most of us could put together.
I'm still open to offers for that broken-ish sundriver of mine if you want it.

PalmerTech said:
Uses Classic controller, lets me use Wii menu. Also has a GC controller wired to the same buttons.

Did you decide to do this after I mentioned this idea in chat a while ago or did you come up with it on your own? Because I came up with that a while ago.

ToastBucket said:
[Quote="PalmerTech]Uses Classic controller, lets me use Wii menu. Also has a GC controller wired to the same buttons.

Did you decide to do this after I mentioned this idea in chat a while ago or did you come up with it on your own? Because I came up with that a while ago.[/quote][/quote]

It was discussed extensively since before ModRetro even got created. ;)

PalmerTech said:
Uses Classic controller, lets me use Wii menu. Also has a GC controller wired to the same buttons. The wiimote, as you can see, is wired sideways inside, so I can play games like Mario Kart that use tilting.
yay, our plan finally in action!

Did you put a switch between them, or does it do CC and GC at the same time? I can imagine doing both at the same time being an issue if using the homebrew channel.

Playing games with different controls if you like wiimote controls better than classic controller controls.

Not exactly, There may be a way, but as far as I know, the wii has to start on 12v. From there it can go down to like 11.1v, ect.

You can run the wii off of higher voltages, too. 14.8v isn't too much, either.

SS

Back