The "WiiBoy"

Basement_Modder said:
I saw it. It is awesome! Palmer, finish this one soon!
Well now you've seen something Palmer's done that I haven't seen. Does this mean that I'll have to go visit you and see a project you're working on that you don't let Palmer see so the circle can be complete?

grossaffe said:
Basement_Modder said:
Well now you've seen something Palmer's done that I haven't seen. Does this mean that I'll have to go visit you and see a project you're working on that you don't let Palmer see so the circle can be complete?
Sure. :p You can see my nearly-finished N64p

Basement_Modder said:

"This one"? Like I have made any others? :lol:

I showed him my super-duper-mega-secret N64p case, too! :awesome:

PalmerTech said:
Basement_Modder said:

"This one"? Like I have made any others? :lol:

I showed him my super-duper-mega-secret N64p case, too! :awesome:

Build that soon, too, or I may have to steal the idea. :awesome:
I kid, I kid...

...maybe :twisted:

Basement_Modder said:
PalmerTech said:
No, got distracted by my N64p. :p
The gamegear one?

No, one of far more epic proportions. Think "barely bigger than DMG" sized. :p

That said, I actually purposely left about 10% of wiggle room in all dimensions. Making this frankencase WAY easier to do, and it still leaves room for the portable to be beat, size wise. Might be me, might not. :awesome:

PalmerTech said:
Basement_Modder said:
PalmerTech said:
No, got distracted by my N64p. :p
The gamegear one?

No, one of far more epic proportions. Think "barely bigger than DMG" sized. :p

That said, I actually purposely left about 10% of wiggle room in all dimensions. Making this frankencase WAY easier to do, and it still leaves room for the portable to be beat, size wise. Might be me, might not. :awesome:
So I take it its not the FC one?

PROGRESS!

Still working out my new case, but here are some pics of the slimmed and trimmed disc drive:

DSCN1999.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

I could trim it even more, but then it would all be under the disc, and I would have nothing to bondo to. :p

Compared to a GC DD:

DSCN2007.jpg

DSCN2008.jpg

So sexy small.

Yup. Took a stock Wii DD, chopped all the slot loading stuff and uneeded stuff out, and I end up with this. :p

By far the hardest part was making the clip mechanism for the disc. I would elaborate, but it would take forever.

Bottom line: It can be done, but prepare for some of the closest measuring you will ever do, and some of the closest sanding, as well.

Back