The "WiiBoy"

I'm pretty sure if you turn on the wii with the classic controller plugged in, you can navigate with the joystick. You should build that in for maximum handheld action.

ßeta said:
I'm pretty sure if you turn on the wii with the classic controller plugged in, you can navigate with the joystick. You should build that in for maximum handheld action.
But you can't use the classic controller to play gamecube games. There is a way to load discs from the homebrew channel and a way to boot directly to the homebrew channel rather than the main Wii menu. Gamecube controller overall will give you a greater library of games playable from built-in controls.

ßeta said:
Built in GC controller with a spare stick for the menu? Or a SP4T switch?
Don't need a stick for the menu. Load up Bootmii to allow you to boot into the homebrew channel with the gamecube controller, and then launch the Wii Disc loader program from the Homebrew Channel and you're good to go. no need to mess around with an integrated wii controller + classic controller for the sole purpose of a joystick for menu navigation, unless of course you have a lot of WiiWare which I don't believe can be loaded from the HBC.

ßeta said:
Doesn't bootmii only work for wii and gc games?
that's what I was saying; unless you have a lot of WiiWare you want to play, integrating a wiimote + classic controller is unnecessary.

eurddrue said:
AfroLH said:
eurddrue said:
AfroLH said:
themadhacker said:
I use a n64 for n64 games

I use a NES for N64 games :tophat:
:hand: GTFO. I use pong for my 360 games, because I made a portable the size of my wallet, and DIDN'T LIKE IT. :gonk:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :tophat:
Honestly can say I don't remember posting that... :sweat:
you didnt post that. i did. i hacked your profile! :pirate:

alright guys, getting a little off topic here. now as for using the Wii for N64 games, there should be a nice homebrew emulator coming out at some point. I wish they'd release their latest source code so I could at least compile my own copy. Their recent stuff is much faster than the latest public build :mad:

Here are some decent pics:

DSCN1981.jpg

DSCN1977.jpg

This is one of those cases that was made as a DMG case, and looks like a DMG, actually.

Unfortunately, the button arrangement changes the look too much. :( I might make an SNES like that, though.

It will have a LOT of trappings of the DMG, but also wii flava. :awesome: Wait till you see the back of the case.

Back