N6t4p WIP

Thanks guys!
I used a dremel then I sand it until its smooth. It'll be a while before I even dare to test this out, so wish me luck :p

I failed to mention that that tiny mobo is going to me my second N64p, right now I'm more focused on my first one, and I ran into a slight issue:
I turn the N64 on and everything works, but after around 5 minutes the game freezes, what could be the problem?

Argelfraster said:
I failed to mention that that tiny mobo is going to me my second N64p, right now I'm more focused on my first one, and I ran into a slight issue:
I turn the N64 on and everything works, but after around 5 minutes the game freezes, what could be the problem?

Improper cooling? Bad game (I've had that happen) ?

3.3v regulator is overheating (I've had that happen with the Ebay regulators)

I'll try a few more games. I replaced the heatsinks with copper ones from some computer processors, and its running off wall power.
And what is a RAM swap?

EDIT: Tried other games; problem still occurs.

a RAM swap is when you swap the on-board ram with the ram of an expansion pak. thus no need for exp. pak relocation if needed.

See how there's two 256mb RAM chips on your board? The newer N64s only have one 512mb chip. Take two of those and replace the 256s and you've got an expansion pak with no expansion pak. Also, how are you testing that thing with no pak? You desoldered the slot.

βeta said:
See how there's two 2mb RAM chips on your board? The newer N64s only have one 4mb chip. Take two of those and replace the 2mb's and you've got an expansion pak with no expansion pak. Also, how are you testing that thing with no pak? You desoldered the slot.

is it possible to buy the 4mb chips? i would feel bad sacrificing an n64 or two to do this.

βeta said:
See how there's two 256mb RAM chips on your board? The newer N64s only have one 512mb chip. Take two of those and replace the 256s and you've got an expansion pak with no expansion pak. Also, how are you testing that thing with no pak? You desoldered the slot.
If you read what I said you would see that I'm talking about another N64.

wow, 512 megs? that n64 must run perfect dark like clockwork o.o
I thought most ran at 4.

ShockSlayer said:
βeta said:
See how there's two 2mb RAM chips on your board? The newer N64s only have one 4mb chip. Take two of those and replace the 2mb's and you've got an expansion pak with no expansion pak. Also, how are you testing that thing with no pak? You desoldered the slot.

Back