N6t4p WIP

Ok, I came to the conclusion that my n64 just isn't outputting a video signal....
Is there a way to fix this?

i doubt that, one more try
unplug EVERYTHING from the n64, then give EVERY SLOT a good bj, then turn the n64 on for 10 seconds (yes while there is nothing in there or no power connected). then turn it off. plug everything in including jumper /exp pack. make sure your game cart is clean and on the right way, then plug your power adapter in and try again
if it doesnt work after that then somethings broken/ wired incorrectly

Once again, is the 7805 getting it's proper voltage? Check with your multimeter. Also, is this n64 bare? Could it be grounding out somehow?

Wow, I am having the exact same problem with my 64s, I did the same thing with two of them and still cannot figure out what I did wrong.

eurddrue said:
Once again, is the 7805 getting it's proper voltage? Check with your multimeter. Also, is this n64 bare? Could it be grounding out somehow?
Yes its getting proper voltage, and yeah the n64 is bare but i put it on paper when i test it.

Sorry for the long wait everybody :(
I finally got a new n64.
Successfully wired cart slot :p
Connected batteries and nothing turned on.
After a bit of messing around with the batteries i noticed they were out of juice :dah:
I will get my charger soon and will post pics of my case before sending it to a CNC shop.
Picture time....
I will cut along the black lines and put this piece of metal on top of the heatsinks
IMG_01681.jpg

N64 wired up to batteries with cart slot relocation
IMG_01661.jpg

More to come. :mrgreen:

Thanks for bumping the thread, I lost it :rofl:
I got a new N64, and I'm in the process of relocating the cart slot (not pic worthy)
I'll be vacuum forming my case in the next week or so, so keep an eye on this thread.

Rise from the dead!
So, it turns out that the game I've been using to test my N64's is dead :hit: (could have made like 3 portables by now, lol)
Anyways, this project is back in progress, and I'll post pictures when I do something picture worthy; like case work.

I never even knew about this project :eek:
so, how easy is it for n64 carts to die? one just did to me...(or, for some reason, starfox 64 does not like to be played)

mako321 said:
I never even knew about this project :eek:
:rolleyes:
mako321 said:
so, how easy is it for n64 carts to die? one just did to me...(or, for some reason, starfox 64 does not like to be played)
I think a cart slot if wired up wrong can kill the N64 game. Not sure though.

Oh wow. Epic insane trimming. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

And I thought the little bit of trimming I'm doing for YAP64 was daft. What did you use to cut that board? My hacksaw and knife hybrid method worked, but left a really ragged edge.

I use a small file and sandpaper to make it smooth.(I like my things looking nice)(other than my work area)

Back