N6t4p WIP

Sort of update:
Relocated the cart slot 3 times...it never worked and the n64 is now fried.
So i pulled out my other n64, and I will be relocating the cart slot tomorrow...wish my luck :oops:

eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
The biggest downsize of marshallh's snes portable is that he chose to go with the snes mini vs. a clone, and didn't chop the board down at all :neutral2:

He didn't need to chop it down because the case he made felt comfortable. Also, he has full compatibility.
:wtf: Chop first, then make the case? And, no, he can't play PAL games ;)

But if he took an x-acto knife and cut one pin off of one chip, he could. And I like getting a small case and telling myself "Make it fit!" It poses more of a challenge that way. ;)

Argelfraster said:
Sort of update:
So i pulled out my other n64, and I will be relocating the cart slot tomorrow...wish my luck :oops:

Good luck. I must be lucky. My cart slot relocation worked on the first try. Are you wiring to the RCP?

Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
The biggest downsize of marshallh's snes portable is that he chose to go with the snes mini vs. a clone, and didn't chop the board down at all :neutral2:

He didn't need to chop it down because the case he made felt comfortable. Also, he has full compatibility.
:wtf: Chop first, then make the case? And, no, he can't play PAL games ;)

But if he took an x-acto knife and cut one pin off of one chip, he could. And I like getting a small case and telling myself "Make it fit!" It poses more of a challenge that way. ;)

Argelfraster said:
Sort of update:

Good luck. I must be lucky. My cart slot relocation worked on the first try. Are you wiring to the RCP?
RCP was the first try, but it didn't work, that's probably when i fried the n64...

Yah, RCP is pretty difficult for a first portable. My 3rd portable will be an RCP'd N64p. (My second will be an SNES.)

Argelfraster said:
Basement_Modder said:
Yah, RCP is pretty difficult for a first portable. My 3rd portable will be an RCP'd N64p. (My second will be an SNES.)
And you first will be a......?
ZN-40 n64 portable. And, basement, if marshall would've had an exacto knife, he could've chopped down his mobo. Thus, logic says, HE HAS NO EXACTO KNIVES!!!

ZING!!! *awesome*

eurddrue said:
Argelfraster said:
Basement_Modder said:
And you first will be a......?
ZN-40 n64 portable.

^Yeah that.

eurddrue said:
And, basement, if marshall would've had an exacto knife, he could've chopped down his mobo. Thus, logic says, HE HAS NO EXACTO KNIVES!!!

ZING!!! *awesome*

If I owned a screwdriver, I could stab somebody with it. I have never stabbed anybody, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't own a screwdriver. ZING!!! :awesome:

Alright, back to the WIP. Any progress, Argelfraster? :confused:2:

bacteria said:
You don't need to use a knife to cut a board, I use a brutal way - dremel side cutting tool, then finish off with a sanding drum. Lots of dust! (I should wear a protective mask more than I do, instead I have a fan blowing and hold my breath while making the dust! :ashamed:
I too use that method, because my x-acto knife is weak. I did use our schools band saw to chop down a n64 mobo, but I fried it :lol:

bacteria said:
I find if I use a knife that it sometimes slips, then suddenly, you either slice your finger or damage traces on the board! If the dremel circular cutter slips you can lose a finger, but you tend to control it better because of the risks!
Plus, it has a bigger handle, and isn't AS prone to slippage, even though it does sometimes :lol: Cutting metal with regular cutting wheels isn't easy though, and the metal cutting ones are super expensive :wtf:

Small update, relocated the cart slot on my new n64 and plugged it into the power and my TV.
I turned it on: the red power LED came on, but there was no image on the screen.
I'M pretty sure I did the cart slot relocation correctly otherwise the n64 wouldn't turn on... could it be my AV cable? or AV jack?
Should i try connecting it to my psone screen for testing?

Is the 7805 getting proper voltage? check wit yo multimeter, dawg. Also, are you running this off of wall power or batteries, if batteries, what kind? Also, have you chopped your board at all yet? If so, perhaps you didn't reconnect the 12v in to the 7805.

eurddrue said:
Is the 7805 getting proper voltage? check wit yo multimeter, dawg. Also, are you running this off of wall power or batteries, if batteries, what kind? Also, have you chopped your board at all yet? If so, perhaps you didn't reconnect the 12v in to the 7805.
Im running it off wall power.
and i didn't cut the board yet.

look at the tv closely and see if the screen flickers when you turn the n64 with game in and jumper/exp pack, double check all connections and give all slots a good bj

blaze3927 said:
look at the tv closely and see if the screen flickers when you turn the n64 with game in and jumper/exp pack, double check all connections and give all slots a good bj
The screen flickers for a second when i turn the n64 on.
And why would i give the slots a bj?

Argelfraster said:
blaze3927 said:
A blow job? Just in case the contacts on the cartridge aren't making good connections and the n64 checksum doesn't read them. (The n64 does have a checksum routine, right?)

Also, argel, I had this happen to me and all I had to do was put in mario 64, and switch between the expansion pak and jumper pak and it worked. :confused: For some reason it seems like the jumper pak and mario 64 reset the system :happy:

eurddrue said:
Argelfraster said:
blaze3927 said:
A blow job? Just in case the contacts on the cartridge aren't making good connections and the n64 checksum doesn't read them. (The n64 does have a checksum routine, right?)

Also, argel, I had this happen to me and all I had to do was put in mario 64, and switch between the expansion pak and jumper pak and it worked. :confused: For some reason it seems like the jumper pak and mario 64 reset the system :happy:
I have neither mario 64 or an expansion pak....
Ill try to get one somehow...

eurddrue said:
Actually, first try a different power supply, or try testing the n64 that gamelver made.
I will try a different power supply and a diff TV.
But what about gamelver?

Double post...
I don't have a different power supply....but thats not the issue. I connected the system to my psone screen...and nothing happened, not even a flicker :wtf2:
I'll test it some more and tell you guys if its working or not.

Back