N6t4p WIP

Argelfraster

This is my contest entry so I will only show some of the work I've done, but not the case :lol:
Here is what I've done so far:
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

My batteries
IMG_0006.jpg

My screen
IMG_00081.jpg

Everything wired an working.
This took about 3 hours to do, expect updates whenever i get my protection circuit.
P.S The switch next to the N64 in the last pic is now wired on.

What is that overly large clump of electrical tape on the top left corner? Did you wire all of the LEDs inside the psone LCD screen? Also, are you going to try and chop down your board? :lol: It appears so.

eurddrue said:
What is that overly large clump of electrical tape on the top left corner? Did you wire all of the LEDs inside the psone LCD screen? Also, are you going to try and chop down your board? :lol: It appears so.
Thats where the LED wires come out. ;)
Yes i wired all the LEDs inside the psone screen.
And yeah, i will chop the board down.

bacteria said:
Argelfraster said:
bacteria said:
Those batteries look nice. I presume you have protection circuits for them? How thick are the batteries?
They are a bit less than half a CM thick.
Excellent.

Forgot to mention, you seem to use IDE cable for power, probably not a good idea. Also, better to use better wiring than IDE for video and audio too. You will only probably get interference otherwise and also IDE isn't capable of sending enough amperage for power.

Im only using the IDE cable for testing, what kind of wire would you recommend i use?

Argelfraster said:
eurddrue said:

bacteria said:
Argelfraster said:
bacteria said:
Those batteries look nice. I presume you have protection circuits for them? How thick are the batteries?
Excellent.

Forgot to mention, you seem to use IDE cable for power, probably not a good idea. Also, better to use better wiring than IDE for video and audio too. You will only probably get interference otherwise and also IDE isn't capable of sending enough amperage for power.

Im only using the IDE cable for testing, what kind of wire would you recommend i use?
I use IDE for everything except power. For power I use 14 guage.

And, looooool, wiring it inside is nearly pointless, you aren't going to have something like SifuF where it's needed, you mainly did it to prove you could, which nearly anybody can. Now, as for chopping the board, are you going to be wiring straight to the RCP? If so, good luck, if not, smart choice.

eurddrue said:
Argelfraster said:
eurddrue said:

bacteria said:
Argelfraster said:
bacteria said:
Excellent.

I use IDE for everything except power. For power I use 14 guage.

And, looooool, wiring it inside is nearly pointless, you aren't going to have something like SifuF where it's needed, you mainly did it to prove you could, which nearly anybody can. Now, as for chopping the board, are you going to be wiring straight to the RCP? If so, good luck, if not, smart choice.
I'm not wiring straight to the RCP, i would if i had some pinouts though,but I'm too lazy to figure them out.
And yeah i just wired the LED's inside for kicks.

I made a pinout, but there was a discrepancy about a few of the lines. SS, get in here. I'll post it if he reminds me what was wrong with it. I think it was only good for a few revisions.

Pinout: daftmike
GROUND: 1 - 26 : GROUND
GROUND: 2 - 27 : GROUND
RCP 58: 3 - 28 : RCP 57
RCP 54: 4 - 29 : RCP 53
RCP 52: 5 - 30 : RCP 51
GROUND: 6 - 31 : GROUND
RCP 50: 7 - 32 : RCP 47
RCP 46: 8 - 33 : RCP 45
+3.3V: 9 - 34 : +3.3V
RCP 44: 10 - 35 : RCP 41
RCP 40: 11 - 36 : RCP 39
RCP 38: 12 - 37 : RCP 35
+12V: 13 - 38 : +12V
N/C: 14 - 39 : N/C
RCP 34: 15 - 40 : RCP 33
RCP 32: 16 - 41 : RCP 31
+3.3V: 17 - 42 : +3.3V
PIF 5: 18 - 43 : PIF 3
PIF 1: 19 - 44 : CPU 57
RCP 26: 20 - 45 : CPU 93
PIF 23: 21 - 46 : N/C
GROUND: 22 - 47 : GROUND
GROUND: 23 - 48 : GROUND
LAUDIO: 24 - 49 : RAUDIO
GROUND: 25 - 50 : GROUND

Diagram:
rgxiqu.png

According to SS, this works for all revisions. The LAUDIO and RAUDIO go to different places on each revision, so you'll have to find those on your own.

Nice progress so far. Those look like nice batteries also. At SS, Daftmike, and Drue: How much different is that pinout on a rev 04 board? I traced about half of one and so far they are all the same. Has anyone traced the whole slot on a rev 4?

Apparently this pinout works for all revisions. There was a discrepancy, but it all worked out.

Argelfraster said:
If i wire to those chips i can cut of the section of the n64 where the cart slot originally goes right?

Yes you can. A lot of the board can be done away with, actually. RCP wiring is the only difficult part of getting it down to sixtyfree lite-R size. The other stuff is PAINFULLY simple.

ßeta said:
Pinout: daftmike
GROUND: 1 - 26 : GROUND
GROUND: 2 - 27 : GROUND
RCP 58: 3 - 28 : RCP 57
RCP 54: 4 - 29 : RCP 53
RCP 52: 5 - 30 : RCP 51
GROUND: 6 - 31 : GROUND
RCP 50: 7 - 32 : RCP 47
RCP 46: 8 - 33 : RCP 45
+3.3V: 9 - 34 : +3.3V
RCP 44: 10 - 35 : RCP 41
RCP 40: 11 - 36 : RCP 39
RCP 38: 12 - 37 : RCP 35
+12V: 13 - 38 : +12V
N/C: 14 - 39 : N/C
RCP 34: 15 - 40 : RCP 33
RCP 32: 16 - 41 : RCP 31
+3.3V: 17 - 42 : +3.3V
PIF 5: 18 - 43 : PIF 3
PIF 1: 19 - 44 : CPU 57
RCP 26: 20 - 45 : CPU 93
PIF 23: 21 - 46 : N/C
GROUND: 22 - 47 : GROUND
GROUND: 23 - 48 : GROUND
LAUDIO: 24 - 49 : RAUDIO
GROUND: 25 - 50 : GROUND

Diagram:
rgxiqu.png

According to SS, this works for all revisions. The LAUDIO and RAUDIO go to different places on each revision, so you'll have to find those on your own.
I just noticed my n64 is different than that one in the pic. should i not try to relocate like this?

Back