N-SexyFour Buildlog [CANCELLED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [ALL WIRED UP PG.7]

Is that why SS has told me several times in om that he did not rcp wire his x64 lite? :rolleyes:

If he replaced the board later, than he probably didn't, but he originally did, and I can back that up with pictures and a youtube video.

Hey guise wats goin on in this thread guise. Get back on topic. There is not enough talking about ME going on.

Maybe put up YOUR FACE.

Here's the current status: it's all wired, one of the wires on the cart slot came off and I need to resolder it. I need to wire my audio lines, they're just taped right now. I need to LED mod my screen, and then I'm going to trim it. I can cut off the whole bottom, because I just soldered straight to the resistors and stuffs on the back. it's easier than soldering to the pads under the cable slot.

Yes. Yes it is. It is MUCH easier. And hot glue is a magical thing.

Hot glue is for quitters. I use strong ass solder joints and fine craftsmanship instead.

Holy dogflax! Where the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* has this been my whole life, Julian? 2 weeks ago you didn't know how to solder, now you're gonna have a better portable than me :D

Ordering Polystyrene tonight. Trimming boards tomorrow. Making case mold on Thursday and Friday.

I'm in the midst of relocating all of the ports prior to trimming. I have 12v wired to the 7805, and 3.3v/ground wired to the large capacitor to the upper right of the CPU. I am not getting any sound right now, but I'll play around with it. Any insight on why I'm not getting sound?

On a separate note, I hate the high-voltage noise the inverter makes. Once LED modded, that sound goes away, right? I'm not the only one that can hear it, am I?

Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [BEGINNING TRIMMING PG10]

So, I don't get sound unless the right connector on the bottom of the PSOne LCD is plugged in. I need to figure out what needs to be bridged for this to work, because the bottom of the LCD isn't staying around for long.

Here are the places I am connected to. Should I use different ones?

dU0wS.png

Oops.

Broke a trace trimming next to the CPU. I'll relocate it, one sec.

YES, salvaged. first I broke the trace, then I pulled it off the board checking my solder joint. Once it's off the board some it's really easy to solder to. XD

I'll throw up a picture after I trim the rest of the side.

5 POSTS IN A ROW YEAH.

So, C151 on the back of the board near the power jack is important. I tried bridging it before I cut it off, and it didn't work. Guess I'm not trimming that part. It's okay.

My solder-to-the-torn-up-trace gig didn't work for long, so just wired straight to the RCP. That's right, I ACTUALLY RCP wired.

HwtqF.jpg

See it?

My audio has been weird for a while, and I lost video while trimming over the cart slot. Anything up there I could have cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back