N-SexyFour Buildlog [CANCELLED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog

Beta if this case of yours turns out nice I may have to commission you to build my nano64 case this summer. :awesome:

Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [Vacuum Former Page 4]

Beta, I'd make those joints airtight with some caulk or silicon.

Nails aren't airtight, Lol.

Just to make sure you get all the suction you can.

^ kind of a douche and off topic, eh?

On topic: This is just a thought, but how did you fix the jig to the pegboard? Is it simply held on by double-sided weather stripping? If so, I'd recommend something more sturdy and using SP's suggestion too.

snowpenguin said:
Beta, I'd make those joints airtight with some caulk or silicon.

Nails aren't airtight, Lol.

Just to make sure you get all the suction you can.

Duct tape is. And that's just for the frames, the table itself is caulked to Heck and back.

neverused said:
^ kind of a douche and off topic, eh?

On topic: This is just a thought, but how did you fix the jig to the pegboard? Is it simply held on by double-sided weather stripping? If so, I'd recommend something more sturdy and using SP's suggestion too.

The jig? Don't know what you mean. I'll explain how it all works though.

Basically, the weather stripping attached directly to the table is sized for the 12x18 frame. theoretically, with plastic stapled to the frame, one could press the frame down into the weatherstripping to create a seal. The weather stripping is stuck down with it's own adhesive, which is only on one side.

The 12x12 frame can obviously not use the same seal, it just doesn't work that way. So what I did was cut out some 1/4" plywood and gave it some weather stripping along the one edge. (This is the spacer) It covers all the holes that would normally be outside the 12x12 seal, and provides the 4th side of the seal for the frame. even with that handle I stapled to it, when the vacuum is on, there's no pulling it off. The stripping on the spacer piece is a little longer than the spacer itself, so it wedges itself in there pretty Dang good, and the seal is sound.

I haven't tested the table with the frames yet, but before I taped over the extra holes and attached the weather stripping, I stuck down a piece of plywood. It works like a charm, no leaks in the table itself. I didn't even have a proper gasket for the vacuum-to-table junction, I was just using my hand.

Whoops, I didn't think my question through before I asked it.

S'all good. I needed to write that up eventually anyway.

If you could make a vacu-former and post it to new zealand.... :dah:

:tophat:

Zu3I6.jpg

29ybO.jpg

It's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back