N-SexyFour Buildlog [CANCELLED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [BEGINNING TRIMMING PG10]

You can see in the picture that I wired my TI reg straight to the 7805.

HwtqF.jpg

Wire to the top of the caps and tell me what happens.

SS

Ok. It would be great if that worked, I would be able to trim off a whole lot of that corner.

I know you can with the audio. You might need a cap and resistor on the composite line though.

Well, that was bizarre. I couldn't get video. I thought that maybe there was something on the 12v line that I had disconnected somewhere, so I bridged power straight to the pin on the power switch. It worked. In disbelief, I yanked on the wire. It broke off. The game didn't stop. I restarted and it worked fine.

Huh.

SS, it's wired like you told me, thanks a ton. Still no sound though. I'll try my other screen.

HAH, GOT SOUND BACK.

Gawd Dang, the pokemon stadium intro music is so victorious.

Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [TRIMMING COMPLETE PG11]

That's like a toddler board, but you want a baby board, even if it has a brain tumor.

Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [TRIMMING COMPLETE PG11]

Mockup, caseless:
LMcdm.jpg

Controller board will go under the controls on the right.

pcQhP.jpg

Same dimensions as 3 N64 carts in a row, so you can pretend you have one too.

UV8Uv.jpg

Supa thin.

oRbMy.jpg

Why is it focused on the screen dust?

Estimated final dimensions:
9"x4.5"x1"

I need to get a controller board and trim it; LED mod, antiglare mod and trim my screen; and then make a case. That's all. Oh, and a low battery LED, and an integrated screen control circuit.

Re: N-SexyFour Buildlog [SEXY MOCKUP PG12]

If the cart slides in flush with the case this is gonna be awesome. :awesome: :awesomebeta: :awesome:

Seems interesting. Is there going to be a switch for the d-pad to become c-buttons?

Also,
βeta said:
Shut up, it will be done before Summer.
FEEL THE PRESSURE :p

I am using a D pad for the C buttons. It will be yellow. I don't think I'll be including L or the D pad, but I suppose I could.

The yellow button is for integrated screen controls. I COULD use the start button, but I prefer symmetry.

The cart will not only sit flush, the cart cover will hide it entirely. The cover will be slide off like some battery covers do, giving access to the cartridge.

beta, you might be able to cut it off, but if you don't NEED to then don't, cause I'm not 100% sure.

SS

I like the look of this a lot, it's refreshingly different.

SS, I don't NEED to. But I might next time. I really can't imagine they're useful, I mean, I already cut off where they would all terminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back