Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

:O Holy flax that's awesome.

In this same goodwill, there was also a boxed Gamecube memory card, and a boxed Gameboy Player. I don't know what the Heck people thought when they dropped this stuff off. IT WAS MEANT TO BEEEEE :D

lucky *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. I can't begin to comprehend how an american goodwill has EXTREMELY RARE BOXED JAPANESE Gamecube accessories! *Can'tSayThisOnTV*

Pr'olly some kid who went off to college and got it off of the internet, his parents went spring cleaning through his room and took a trip to Goodwill.

Thursty said:
lucky *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. I can't begin to comprehend how an american goodwill has EXTREMELY RARE BOXED JAPANESE Gamecube accessories! *Can'tSayThisOnTV*
There is one guy over on Atari Age that is repeatedly finding import games (mostly Japanese) for various consoles at his local goodwill.

I mean, for older imports it has to be another collector...that or Japanese immigrants from the 80's. Either way I'm just jelly because my goodwill never has anything.

Forgot to mention what I got this weekend!

I got two empty PS1 game cases (Need for Speed II and Tekken 2, both of which were only missing the game disc >_>) and a complete copy of Bloody Roar 2 for the PS1 for free. Bought one of those plastic mats that go under rolling desk chairs for easier use on carpet at the same sale for $5. Beats paying $30 at OfficeMax for one.

Double post, don't care.

Yesterday I got complete copies of Unreal Tournament for the Dreamcast and Tomb Raider II for the PlayStation for a total of $6 from Savers. Considering I paid $2.99 for the original Tomb Raider for the PlayStation at Play N' Trade, I figured I'd just go for it.

I also got myself a nice fedora from this Chinese shop at the old mall for $8. I'm not much of a hat wearer, but I liked it, and my mom and sister insisted it looked good on me. Hard to argue with that.

Just won 2 N64s, each with an expansion pack, an atomic purple controller, and a PSU for $27 total on ebay. If they are both broken, I can easily make my money back with everything else I got.

I rarely go to flea markets. Today, I found an isle of miscellaneous stuff on the ground. A big cardboard sign says everything is a dollar. I grabbed a set of plain jane component cables, an N64, and 2 xbox 360s.

The component cables are for modding my Gamecube D-terminal cable into a component one.

The N64 hasn't been tested yet, but I'm not worried.

Out of the two xboxes, I was expecting to have to repair them. Well, one of them shows no AV but still has audio (goes through the menus fine, etc.) The other is a fully working, non-banned falcon unit.

Long story short: Went to the flea market with $5 bucks, left with an n64, a component cable, one semi working and one fully working xbox 360. Teh winz.

godDang, I want a free working XBOX 360

I've been having an awfully great stroke of luck on things lately, and I mean a lot. About 15 minutes ago I found $100 bucks in my closet.

I got a window unit A/C, a microwave and 4 free shelves for my garage for free on Craigslist today. Both the microwave and A/C work perfectly fine.

But I don't think my day beat Zet's...

zeturi said:
I rarely go to flea markets. Today, I found an isle of miscellaneous stuff on the ground. A big cardboard sign says everything is a dollar. I grabbed a set of plain jane component cables, an N64, and 2 xbox 360s.

The component cables are for modding my Gamecube D-terminal cable into a component one.

Out of the two xboxes, I was expecting to have to repair them. Well, one of them shows no AV but still has audio (goes through the menus fine, etc.) The other is a fully working, non-banned falcon unit.

Long story short: Went to the flea market with $5 bucks, left with an n64, a component cable, one semi working and one fully working xbox 360. Teh winz.

I will take the VTA light rail down there and punch you in the keyboard. what flea market was this at? Capitol?

zeturi said:

You are totally in possesion of stolen property.

Probably. XD

That's why I love my local flea market, all sorts of stuff like that.

SS

Yep, Yoshi, Capitol flea market.

You know, the systems I got could be stolen, but if they were, then why was this guy selling them for so cheap? No one's going to go through the hassle of selling something to just practically give it away. Besides, mine nao. :p

zeturi said:
Yep, Yoshi, Capitol flea market.

You know, the systems I got could be stolen, but if they were, then why was this guy selling them for so cheap? No one's going to go through the hassle of selling something to just practically give it away. Besides, mine nao. :p

About 98% of my collection comes from there. best flea market ever. Was it some random seller, or those mexican guys shouting 1 DOLLAR 1 DOLLAR EVERYTHING 1 DOLLAR.

Back