Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

I so jelly. There isnt barely anywhere around here that sells knives, let alone good ones.

I saw the picture and I thought "Cool, 42 t-latch," then I zoomed in and looked closer and was like "wat."

That's not a 42. 42s don't use pins AFAIK, they use screws. For comparison, an actual 42 (spring-latch here, and anodized, but the handles are more-or-less the same between models):

2RQWC.png

T_W is very right. I wondered about that when I saw the video. Way too loud for a 42. I was on my cell when I looked at the picture, but crap. Thursty, you been duped bad.

It's not a BM42 at all. I'm surprised I got you with that Sam, It's just a nice flipper I got for $15, and I thought it would be a neat knockoff for my collection. :D

My favorite knife does not do flips, does not make any real noise and isn't pretty to most folk. It does, however have the ability to cut off it's wielder's fingers if they aren't precise. Or an arm, for that matter.

henckels-j-a-professional-s-meat-cleaver-31734150.jpeg

I don't have a good one of my own yet, I borrow the one at work when I need it. But I can cut whole chickens straight in half with ease using this, and trim most beef and pork cuts with it.

MY CLEAVER <3333

zeturi said:
My favorite knife does not do flips, does not make any real noise and isn't pretty to most folk. It does, however have the ability to cut off it's wielder's fingers if they aren't precise. Or an arm, for that matter.

henckels-j-a-professional-s-meat-cleaver-31734150.jpeg

I don't have a good one of my own yet, I borrow the one at work when I need it. But I can cut whole chickens straight in half with ease using this, and trim most beef and pork cuts with it.

MY CLEAVER <3333
As you can see, Zeturi knows knives better than any of you.
Instead of messing around with his, he has a practical use for it.

As much as I like the cleaver, I find it inconvenient to carry with me everywhere.

*draws up designs for a balisong cleaver*

Silly Canadian, your lack of exposure to knives has left you ignorant of a balisong's usability. :p

>Obligatory burd greentext implying that T_W is one to be talking seeing as how he lives in Nowhere, Nevadasinglepersonliveshere.

Don't get me started on where I live.

SS

>2011
>Not living in a AAA rated country

ISHYGDDT
1300044776986.jpg

There are only two other types of blades that I like to use.

One is a boning knife, which looks similar to this:
H30074140.jpg

The blade is slim and skinny, and only about 6 inches long. It allows you to cut very close to the bone and trim off most of the meat in very quick, clean movements.

The other is this one, it's a plain butcher's knife:
40636.jpg

The blade is about 12 inches long, with a Granton's edge. The edge is useful because when you cut meat, the edge allows air to stay around the blade of the knife, so it's easier to cut through thicker pieces of meat or to pull the blade out in mid cut.

I found another cleaver, this one looks much closer to the one I actually use.
40093.jpg

Most people don't like using them for prolonged periods of time, because they take a lot of arm to use. I like them because they are quick and clean, and allow you to cut soft meats into pieces with straight edges, like perfect cubes.

Unless someone makes a knife thread, I'll stop yammering on about them myself. I loves me a nice cleaver.

My knife is fluorescent green and has a retractable blade. It even has a compartment in the handle to hold extra blades! :awesome:

Might it be this one?

21797_200.jpg

I use the red lefty version when I throw stock.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*, the red one is for left handed people, no wonder I keep stabbing myself as I cut towards myself. Dang, I feel dumb now.

I very rarely use paring and chef's knives for preparing food. More often I use a utility knife or x-acto for cutting plastic, cardboard, foam, etc, when I'm building stuff. I don't know if balisongs are even legal in this country.

Back