Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

he's not really a jackass. he gives me free laptops and other donations the school gets all the time and he knows that I turn around and sell them for a good profit. I also get all the old lead acid batteries from power backups and metal cases to take as scrap metal. he knew he could get a lot more for this on ebay, because he knows how people like us use the screens on protables so he decided to make a profit himself this time. fair enough.

lol, he kind of is a jackass in reality though. he's a lot like a teenager himself and shows my friends and I things that could get him fired for all the times like tho world's biggest camel toe on demotivational and he threw a glob of hand sanitizer in my eyes once. oddly enough, I found it hilarious. great. he's good at teaching too, surprisingly

bought this baby today for $65

001-5.jpg

Got a 7 inch Haier LCD screen brand new in the box for 30 bucks today at goodwill. :D

Got an 8GB Micro SD card from Best Buy for $20 today.

Doubling my Nook Color's storage capacity will be awesome. :D

I ordered a 8GB Micro SD card too for $11.99, but it hasn't come in yet.

Metal gear solid with the VR missions, 99p

I just got 10 N64s, as is, in the mail today, for $75 shipped on eBay. Although, I'm pretty sure i will never need that many. 7 of them I have tested and work for sure, 1 of them has a jammed power switch but I'm sure its not a problem, and 2 don't work, but I haven't tried fixing them yet. Also, 7 of them have jumper packs(Useless crap 'cuz they can't play Majora's Mask).

I bought a 1988 judas priest ram it down american tour shirt for $54 shipped.

I got a Gameboy, boxed, for £3.

Not too bad.

Got a complete copy of Need For Speed II for the PS1 for $2 today. Beautiful shape, too. :D

Went to Vancouver to do some shopping and visit some relatives.

Got an XBOX/360/PS2 component video cable for $12.99 at an EBgames- well worth waiting in line for. Unfortunately the console side cables are WAY too short to connect to more than one at once unless they are on top of each other, and then it would be iffy. I might have to invest in a component video switch or move my consoles around. Still well worth the price.

Also an awesome case fan with BLUE LEDS! Replaced the noisy one in the back, this one is much quieter. Had some trouble installing it, stupid fan screws don't work. But it was totally worth it. The blue LEDs are BRIGHT! I was hoping it would light up the area behind my case a bit, no, it lights up the whole case! Gotta get some more for the front. Cost about $7 IIRC.

I also bought SOCOM 2 for PS2, though I can't seem to find it right now, and got an HDMI cable that I didn't pay for. It was also $12.99, 12 feet, gonna use it to hook up my laptop to the TV. Seems fine- I don't get why people would pay $170 for one.

I just got 2 gamecubes with all the plugs and 4 controllers and a 1,019 memory card
FOR FREE :awesome:

Found the Half-Life Game of the Year Edition CD at goodwill for $2. Once installed and registered with Steam, it downloaded Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, and Team Fortress Classic. I'd say that's a pretty good deal. :awesome:

I grabbed one of these Jakk's Pacific plug-and-play EA Sports things at Savers for $3 today on the off chance that it could be a Genesis-on-a-chip. (Turns out I was thinking of the licensed Radica Genesis things, not the Jakk's Pacific "Genesis but don't call it that because we'll get sued by Sega" things. Ben used a Radica Genesis for a portable once upon a time.) The built-in games are ROM hacks of the Genesis versions of Madden 95 and NHL 95, but every reference to Sega has been removed, along with the NFL on FOX theme song.

It's not hilarious ripoff tat like the GamesPower 50 clone thing I found that other time, but I thought maybe it could possibly do something interesting so I ripped it apart. A dozen screws and some brute force later, I came face to face with three glop tops. I think the one in the middle may be its ROM.

(Click for full size)

The other side of the board doesn't seem to have anything interesting, just some capacitors and silkscreened revision history.

Thoughts?

Back