Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Though I usually avoid such stores like the plague, I went to two different Pac Suns upon hearing that they had Weezer merchandise in an attempt to get myself a cool new shirt. Neither had any, supposedly because only the two biggest stores in the district got anything. :/

However, I got five free Weezer song download cards from the second store I went to -- pretty sweet considering you're supposed to only get one when you buy Hurley-brand apparel. Not a total loss after all. :D

Then I went to GameStop to put some more money on my New Vegas preorder, and while I was there, I bought a new Splitfish motion-control adapter for PS2 controllers for $2.99, and a gift card tin shaped like a PS2 Phat for $0.99. I also grabbed a little flyer advertising New Vegas and stuck it to my closet door with some poster putty.

$25 for a clear XBOX (special edition of some sort). I feel ripped off. Not only does it have no controller, but it doesn't work properly. The disc drive doesn't work right- I have to hit it to get it to open. And it's an un-flashable V1.6.

I stand corrected about those cards -- I misinterpreted what they were. What they ARE are cards you enter into a specific webpage that give you a chance to win items -- clothes, accessories, etc, along with getting to download stuff. The grand prize is getting Weezer to play a show at your school. If I won that, that means I'd get my own private Weezer concert at my house. XD

I entered those codes and unfortunately didn't win much -- all five each got me a Weezer sticker pack. Still pretty cool for free, though. :D

Also, when I was at Savers today, I bought a brand-new Microsoft Sidewinder Dual-Strike for $10. I was on the way out of the store when I spotted it on a shelf I had already picked over. I'm rather conflicted about it as I've always wanted to try one, but it's still sealed up with shrinkwrap and everything and I don't really want to open it. D:

Glad I bought it either way, though, since I know for a fact I'd be regretting it if I hadn't.

A few good finds from a yard sale yesterday. I got a very lengthy CAT-5, boxed copy Halo: Combat Evolved (PC), boxed copy of Worms Armageddon for PC (still has receipt), and a lose copy of Men in Black II on DVD. I got it all for All for $3!

201_0521.jpg

(cat-5 cable not pictured)

Went to Target today and found the Bioshock/Oblivion combo package for PC on clearance for $10.

Needless to say, I bought it immediately. :awesomeTW:

My small town had their yearly celebration again yesterday. Which of course brings of the Yard Sales too. There were plenty of yards sales to be had. Just not much that interested me this year.

I did manage to get some cool stuff thought

- A TI-1200 with box from a Estate Sale for 50 cents
- A almost new Webcam and a PC headset for $1.50
- Mercenaries (Xbox) for $1
- Pink Video Now Color for a $1 (I got plans for this little guy or should I say girl?.)
- Konami Track and Field, NES cart Organizer, and a Gamecube preview DVD for $2. I later went back and got both a Sonic the Hedgehog book and a Power Rangers book for free.
- A cup of Pink Lemonade and a bag of Sun Chips for a $1 from a lemonade stand. It was ran by a cool little kid.
- And I got a broken Rock Band controller. They said strum stop working. And I got a working mid-80's Magnavox TV with remote for free. (The back of the TV says January 1986 to be exact,) Now I have a TV to use with my older systems.

201_0523.jpg

201_0524.jpg

Looks like it's probably around 19-20 inches.

Mmm... Faux woodgrain electronics...
20pyr0y.png

Getting Pokemon Blue for free from a guy on my bus soon, found OoT (gold) for $16.95 shipped on eBay. I have neither, but I know that's what they cost and that I will have them. Also Bo is gonna sell me Japanese Green and Yellow Pokemon for $20 shipped, but I don't know if I will have them. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention this -- when I was in town on Tuesday I picked up two LPs at Savers -- Ringo Starr's "Vertical Man" and Wings' "Back to the Egg" -- for $1 each. Both are in pretty nice shape, too! :awesome:

Savers has been getting ridiculous with their prices lately. It's becoming less and less of a thrift store every day and more and more of an overpriced secondhand shop that sells mostly grimy, poor-condition junk. ($5 for an okay-condition copy of Madden '97 for the PS1? Horseflax!) But at least their LPs (and Laserdiscs since nobody can seem to tell the two apart) are still cheap. ;_;

Not too much in terms of garage sale finds today, but good stuff nonetheless.

At the first garage sale I went to, just a few houses down, I got an APC UPS for free. The guy wanted a dollar for it originally but then told me I could just have it since he didn't know for sure if the battery worked.

The second sale I went to I found a copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly, March 1995, for $1. It still has the original plastic wrapper advertising "New games for the Ultra 64!" and "First pix of Sega's top-secret 32X and Genesis combo system!" The cover story is about the various fighting games competing -- Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat III, and Toh-Shin-Den (as it was called at the time). It even came with a poster for the remake of Pitfall! I very much look forward to looking through it. :awesome:

Got an Atari Flashback 2 for $7 from a thrift store. No controllers unfortunately. I used a Genesis controller to play it. Most of the games suck. Some are fun, though. The most glaring thing to me was the complete lack of music. It's technically not mine since I didn't have enough money to pay for it, so no mods.

Bought two bare N64s for $20 at a game store. Unfortunately, one seems to be a late-revision model with green cart holder thing. I also paid $20 for a clear XBOX controller. A little much, but it's in good condition and it matches my clear XBOX perfectly.

Back