Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

XCVG said:
Got a PSX for $16 with all cables and two controllers at a thrift store. One controller is a DualShock, the other a Dual Analog. The right stick on the Dual Analog is screwed up- it's free to rotate. A good deal, I thought, but the Dang thing doesn't work! The controllers work though, tested them on my PS2. The PSX just doesn't respond to any sort of controller input.

EDIT: By PSX I mean original Playstation. I don't know how or why people call it that. I guess I should just say Playstation, but the average idiot thinks PS3 if I say that, and PSone/PS1 (pronunciation is identical) is usually used to refer to the little playstation.

Can I have the thumb sticks from the dual analog? :confused:

Twilight Wolf said:
I totally scored at Walmart today: I randomly found a copy of Shadow of the Colossus for $10. I bought it right away.
:gonk:

You lucky son of a gun

Todays gets

- Jackal for NES (works): $1
- Logitech GameCube Racing Wheel with force feedback and Pedals set with boxes: $4 (Can't seem to get it to work. I'm going to try other power adapters. For some reason it needs a power adapter.)
- Game Elements GGE909 Recoil Gamepad for PC (works): $2

PICT0131.jpg

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0135-1.jpg

I guess I did get lucky! ::3:

Also, Nightwheel, I have that PC gamepad. It's okay, but I always thought it was rather uncomfortable, and I could never get the mouse function to work.

I also had that Gamecube racing wheel back in the day. It was badass, but the pedals broke and I couldn't get another one when I took it back to the store.

Twilight Wolf said:
I also had that Gamecube racing wheel back in the day. It was badass, but the pedals broke and I couldn't get another one when I took it back to the store.
Would it still work as a controller if not plugged in? I was trying to quick test it with Super Monkey Ball while the power was plugged in. (Couldn't find my F-Zero disk.) And none of the face buttons would work.

Twilight Wolf said:
Oh, yeah, it worked without the pedals fine, but it wasn't as fun.
That wasn't what I was asking. But thanks for that tidbit of info though. :)

I mean I had it plugged into my wii while running a gamecube game. And it would register any button presses. I'd hit start and nothing would happen.

Oh, wait a sec, I just read through your original post again -- it needs a power adapter? I missed that detail somehow. I don't recall mine ever having one, yet it worked fine, force feedback and everything. Maybe it was a different model or something, but it looked just like that...

I went to a play and trade today and got Super Black Bass and Kyle Petty No fear racing both for SNES, 2 NES controllers, Sonic 2 not for resale edition, Sonic Classics 3 games in one, Big Birds Hide and Speak, Sesame Street ABC Letter Go Round."For the Kids." All for $8.00.

What's even better is that while I was talking to the guy my buddy noticed some cool t-shirts they were selling and commented that he liked one so the guy gave us both one. They were normally $14.95. One was the Halo 3 logo replaced with pnt logo, and the other was Gears of War replaced with PnT logo. HE also gave me a free insiders card for discounts and a bag of PnT pens and Magnets.

But wait I am not done. As we were leaving a guy and his two girls were coming in with a lot of old retro stuff to trade including a boxed NES. I stuck around to see what it all was, we kinda chatted it up a little and when they were done the guy gave me all the stuff that PnT would not take. Things included GBASP Charging dock, GBASP Magnifing glass, NES Game Atlas Nintendo Players Guide, Case that holds 15 NES Carts it has a gold plated Nintendo logo on it.

I went to Game Force today and bought myself a copy of Virtua Racing Deluxe for the 32X for three bucks (the only reason I got it is because the bundle of 15 or so 32X games they were selling had two copies of it), and I bought a brand-new copy of Fullmetal Alchemist 2 for the PS2 for $20!

got a free PS1(original) 4 games for it(spyro, space invaders, pong, and crash bandicoot 3) for 24$ a super gameboy for 5$
oh and the best thing i got was.... Paper Boy NES boxed and in MINT condition for 7$ :awesome:

More cheap as dirt $1.50 batteries. One Optex brand Sony NP-FP50 compatible, and two Panasonic phone batteries. There were more but I managed to limit myself

Also, not really a bargain but I got a Weller soldering iron, the battery powered kind, for $14. I've wanted to try one for a while but this is the first time I saw one cheap enough. I also got a spare tip, $6.

Wow, you actually managed to find a Dual Analog controller. Apparently they are really hard to find now, and a lot of people make no distinction between a Dual Analog and a DualShock.

XCVG said:
Wow, you actually managed to find a Dual Analog controller. Apparently they are really hard to find now, and a lot of people make no distinction between a Dual Analog and a DualShock.

Also a lot of people who list a dual-shock will just type in "PS1 CONTROLLER" to google images and use the first picture that has the sticks, a dual-analog. :wtf:

Back