Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

I posted this ultimate win on benheck.

I got a 20gb PS3 for FREE. (The owner thought it had YLOD after a power outage, and then proceeded to give it away to the first customer at a yardsale, basically. I fixed it by touching it with my hands. It works now. I believe they held the yardsale to get money for a PS3 slim.)

(repost from benheck)

I went to one of the Local Antique Stores in the small town I live it.

There was a Microsoft Sidewinder for $1 in one of the booths. But there was a little sign that said everything (in this booth) 30% off. So I got the Sidewinder for 70 cents! The Sidewinder is in basically Mint Condition.

PICT0145.jpg

Found a free DS lite.

Came with a sd to micro sd adapter jammed in the top slot, no apparent damage.

Hinge is loose as Heck, and the top screen changes colors when its jiggled

no stylus

appears to have been stabbed with a stylus in the mid bottom left corner area, one stab, not fatal, touch screen is slightly responsive.

both speakers still work

dirty as Heck

Gonna clean it, fix it up and paint it for my brother, and then flash it. His birthday is the 27th.

I have a charger, but I need to get a stylus.

SS

For three bucks, I got myself a copy of "Sonic Spinball" for the Genesis complete with the box and manual, a copy of "Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio" (cart only) and a Sega Mega Mouse, which unfortunately seems to be broken as it doesn't register left or right movement. The guy I bought the stuff from also threw in a free copy of Ringo Starr's album "Ringo," which is in great shape. I'm pretty satisfied overall, though while in the process of testing the games and mouse I've been lead to believe my 32X died a quiet death without my knowledge as it seems to not function at all any more...

bratinell said:
I'ved bought a lazy boy at a neighbor yard sale a week ago for 80% off from it's original price. It even looked clean and new.. A great buy indeed..Must have been my lucky day... :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll:

Regards,
bratinell
Disque dur multimedia
Delete this foul advertising demon! :evil2:

Not a garage sale find, but I bought a brand-new PS2 Slim vertical stand for $2.50 at Game Crazy today. Everything there was half-off... Ugh, I cringe to think that GameStop's going to be the only video game chain store around here any more...

Twilight Wolf said:
Ugh, I cringe to think that GameStop's going to be the only video game chain store around here any more...

I know the feeling... same thing happened to me when GameStop bought out EB Games. Luckily, they opened up a few Play N Trades recently around here though. :awesome:

Zero said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Ugh, I cringe to think that GameStop's going to be the only video game chain store around here any more...

I know the feeling... same thing happened to me when GameStop bought out EB Games. Luckily, they opened up a few Play N Trades recently around here though. :awesome:
The only PNT I've been to was horrible. It was family run, not a bad thing in itself, except the momma (or grandma?) of the place was running the register.

I had bought a copy of Pokemon Gold, and the it would save because the battery was dead. I took it back for a return, and I tell her what happened. She glares at me, and looks at my gameboy as I prove it doesn't work, and she says, "Your gameboy is broken. The game saves onto the system!" :dahroll: She calls over one of her grandchildren and says, "Test it." He plays it, and I explain to him that it will play, but won't save. He plays the intro, saves, and then reboots it to find out it doesn't keep save data. The manager (her son?) comes out, and tries to quietly tell her that I'm right, to just let me exchange it.

Two days later, I bought my final item, a DS Lite w/ armor for $100. Not a bad deal at the time. She calls, "Come again!" And I mutter to myself, "Die in a fire, Sega!"

Play N Trade is a franchise, each is own and operated by a different owner who sets the prices, store policies, store design, etc. Luckily the ones near me are pretty good, the people were cool and retro game prices were pretty good most of the time. I have however read online about some pretty bad ones with horrible owners, so it all depends on who owns or manages your store.

Theres a store near where I live called Game Attic. I don't think its a franchise, but everything there is super cheap! I got a GBC there for $15 and a GBASP for $20!

In used condition, that's pretty normal pricing. I picked up 2 GBCs for $11 each.

Flea Market outside of Atlanta.

Got a Gamecube with 2 controller and all cords for $20
3 N64 controllers like new for $12
A Quantam Dreamcast controller for $4
Vectorman for the genesis for $1

Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 (PC) on sale for $20. Regular price is $65. Oddly the wired version was on sale but more expensive at $35. Now I can play emulators with another person! If only I had another person to play with...

Superpad Plus for N64. Exactly the same as the one I paid $20 for a few weeks ago. $7 at a thrift store.

Well, once again, not a garage sale find, but I went to GameCrazy once again today as it was supposed to be their last day open, though it turns out that since the rent on the building is still paid, they're just going to keep up the liquidation sale. Stuff was still half-price, though, so I bought a copy of Tourist Trophy (PS2, disc-only) for $5, along with a copy of Every Extend Extra for the PSP, which was brand-new, for $10.

My recent scores

On Wednesday, I got a Package from Porsche in the mail. It was a free flash drive that i signed up for a while back. And it came with more than I expected. The size of the flash drive is 1gb.

PICT0206.jpg

PICT0207-1.jpg

PICT0208.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

And last Thursday, I went shopping at a local thrift store. And I also went shopping at our (new) local Goodwill.

PICT0216.jpg

I got this for $1 from the thrift store

PICT0221-1.jpg

And I got this for $2.50 from the goodwill store. It's still sealed for the most part. There is a rip in the bottom right corner. Anyways, seemed like a average deal. (Even if I don't own a dreamcast.)

I got Super Smash Bros and F-Zero X for the N64 and Streets of Rage 2 for the Sega Genesis, all for $15.

I felt sad leaving the game store today. I could have gotten Kirby's Dreamland and Link's Awakening for $15 more.

Back