Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

I love old magazines.

My grandfather has subscribed to popular mechanics (and for a long time, pop. science) since the 1940s. He has given quite a few to me. They are a great source of imformation for hobbyists. There are schematics in them for a large variety of projects. For example, one has the schematics for a home built 75 rpm record player, and in a 1958 issue, schematics for a home made transistor radio. Transistor radios were a new thing back then. Another good spect of the magazines is seeing the projects that subscribers made. Also, there are the ads. There are tons of car and cigarrettte adds. The Camel ones are hilarious. Also, there are a collosal amount of "Learn TV and Radio Today! buy kits to make your own television and radio!" adds.

Also, I may or may not have said this yet, but a few months ago I was at a yardsale and bought a bunch of 1960s and 1970s M.A.D. magazines for 8 bucks for the whole lot. The old M.A.D. mags are way better than the new ones. Definately worth collecting.

Antique magazines are the best. Now I am off to make myself a home made transistor radio with the schematics from pop. mechanics.

I got an epic deal today.

My friend wanted one of my overclocked GBCs with red LED lights on it. So I made him one. In return, he said he would give me his snes games and his broken snes.

The games I got are the following.

mega man x
mega man x2
mario world
mario all stars
mario kart
zelda lttp
xmen
spiderman
D-force
Earth defender force
earth worm jim
final fight
final fight 2
king of dinosaurs
wheel of fortune deluxe edition
monopoly
street fighter 2
captain america and the avengers
super gameboy

It also came with the power brick, a controller, and an NES RF cord.

Oh, and the snes works.

When I turned it on, nothing happened, not even the led came on.
So I tried my other snes with the power brick. same scenerio.
Then I got another snes power brick I had, used it on the "broken" snes, and it worked.

All that for an overclocked GBC with red LEDs and a copy of mario land.

time for the supertinypnes

Got a free dreamcast console. No cords, untested. It was at the epic yard sale, next to the box of tampons and enemas. Sad thing is that I'm not exaggerating.

Tibia said:
Got a free dreamcast console. No cords, untested. It was at the epic yard sale, next to the box of tampons and enemas. Sad thing is that I'm not exaggerating.
old people? :gonk:

3897461560_f08054aef6.jpg

Clear GBO plus Pocahontas and College Slam - $5
Grey GBO plus box - $5
Kirby's Dreamland - $3.50
Kirby's Dreamland 2 - $3.50

Still no Turbografx..

Snagged my self a Sega Saturn that comes with 8 games, all the hook ups including av and rf, and one controller. It was listed on a local classifieds site (not craigslist). http://classifieds.vci.net/display.php?id=170914

He wanted $45, but I'm trading him a 1GB Mp3 player, a Chipped PSX that needs a new disk drive, and a PS1 Arcade stick. ($15-$20 worth of stuff.) Will be picking it up this weekend.

I got a radio shack 300 in one elctronic projects at my salvation army for 20 bucks. I think its pretty cool

nightwheel said:
Snagged my self a Sega Saturn that comes with 8 games, all the hook ups including av and rf, and one controller. It was listed on a local classifieds site (not craigslist). http://classifieds.vci.net/display.php?id=170914

He wanted $45, but I'm trading him a 1GB Mp3 player, a Chipped PSX that needs a new disk drive, and a PS1 Arcade stick. ($15-$20 worth of stuff.) Will be picking it up this weekend.

Not a bad find! I'm seeing "Sega Rally," "Virtua Cop," "Virtua Fighter 2," and "Daytona USA" - what other games are there?

Twilight Wolf said:
nightwheel said:

Not a bad find! I'm seeing "Sega Rally," "Virtua Cop," "Virtua Fighter 2," and "Daytona USA" - what other games are there?
He didn't have the games listed. But whoa, all I could make out from that picture was Daytona USA. I'm guess you own a Saturn and have seen these game?

That's a pretty good deal, though, that game sells for quite a bit more than that on eBay.

Come on, admit it, if you found that game for $3, you'd buy it, too.

nightwheel said:
Twilight Wolf said:
nightwheel said:

He didn't have the games listed. But whoa, all I could make out from that picture was Daytona USA. I'm guess you own a Saturn and have seen these game?
I think the guy scammed me. The Saturn conveniently didn't work today.

So I guess no Saturn for me

Back