Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

I wouldn't really call that a bargain ;)
psone screen 40
ps2 + stuff 60
4 games = 40

You payed 33 dollars more than you should've.

Went to a local yard sale yesterday with a little over $2. And cam back with the same amount of money I came with. And a small load of stuff.

Got 2 regular multimedia keyboards

Micro brand Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo

2 older Microsoft Optical USB mice

Older Micro brand mouse

Old early ps2 Microsoft Mouse

Swiss Gear Daytona II Wireless Mouse

Gateway 2000 mousepad

Verizon Wireless cell phone case

Some random wires like power cords, av cords, and some DSL cords.

Old USB card reader (doesn't support sd)

Old USB webcam (doesn't work with vista)

And a box full of empty DVD cases

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

eurddrue said:
I wouldn't really call that a bargain ;)
psone screen 40
ps2 + stuff 60
4 games = 40

You payed 33 dollars more than you should've.
wow. you dont know prices well. :wtf: oblivion and bioshock are 360 games which alwas cost around 20$, the 2 jak games only cost 12$ together, ps2 cost 75$, the screen cost 50$. everything except the jak games was brand new, so it was a good deal! :cool:

Not exactly the best deal, but I got Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Four Swords for $7.75 shipped on ebay. I figure anything is better than paying $15 at Gamestop. :p

icarus said:
Not exactly the best deal, but I got Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Four Swords for $7.75 shipped on ebay. I figure anything is better than paying $15 at Gamestop. :p
Wait, is it SNES version? Because those generally go for much more than that, like $20. The GBA version though, I've had that since I was little. It's awesome :D

The GBA version. The only difference is the Four Swords part. I'm just trying to get every Zelda game that I didn't have.

On to Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland! :oops:

Not really a garage/yard/thrift store/car boot haul, but my dad had a lot of ribbon cable (some even with card-edge ends!) that he gave me. And it's quite a bit.

Went to the Flea Market today.

3755490504_4e56316b73_o.jpg

Dreamcast, 3 controllers, 2 memory cards, all cords = $20

Genesis 3, 1 controller, (unfortunately came with no cord to connect to the TV) = $5

5 Genesis games = $5

Oracle of Seasons = $5

Wow, nice haul.

I got a USB hub with bonus mini LED flashlight and junk carabiner for $5.99 (+tax and insult fees). It's a 4-port hub, transparent blue with a little cable that tucks into a little pocket. And it's tiny. It has a port for power in but I don't know the voltage or if it's center negative or positive.

Got some more stuff. Bought a GBASP accessory set (new) for $3. Got some cheap parts at The Source (like Radio Shack but even worse). With them you buy whatever part is on sale and cheap in case you need it later. Also got some batteries (even 2 lithium coin cells at $1 for both) at a dollar store.

Contra and Mike Tyson's Punch Out for NES - $2 each at goodwill. I had both these games on reserve at my local retro games store incase they ever come in. :D

Went to flea market today got some great deals.
Insignia Portable DVD player with 8' screen with av in and working battery no charger for $2.
Brand New Radica Sega Genisis on a Chip. The one that looks like a mini genisis with a blue controller coming out. $1.50
2 N64 games NFL Blitz and Gameshark for $1 for both.
Plug and Play Ms. Pac man and A plug and play namco museum $2 for both.

Got an N64 for $10. Was supposed to come with nothing but there was a jumper pak in it.

At the flea market:

2 nerf guns, 5$
Metriod lose NES, 4$
Bubble Bobble lose NES, 1$
Lethal enforcement Boxed with light gun Sega cd, 3$
Lose NES system, bad connector, a little dirty, included Mario 3, 7$
The best of Nintendo Comic System ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) 2$
Old rubber band gun, .50$

I'm happy about the comics, The games, and the fact that i was able to fix the nes :mrgreen: .

Score!! I've joined a site called SwagBucks back in early July. About 2 and a half weeks ago. I redeemed 15 of my SwagBucks I earned for a 1981 Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark trading card.

Well I finally got it in today!

Pictures:
PICT0094.jpg

PICT0103-1.jpg

PICT0107.jpg

And here is a video of me opening it when I first got it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3Jszjii8Y

Two days ago I was at my church's festaval. Most of the time I was workinmg at the pop booth, so I did not get to look around much. so when I got a break, I went over to the bid and buy booth (silent auction type thing). One thing caught my eyes. A computer bundle including a brand new compaq computer with vista installed, a new compaq monitor (crt, but who cares?), speakers, an HP color printer, keyboard, mouse, and a computer desk. There were almost no bids on it, and the auction was about to close, so I bid 195 on it. five dollars more then the next highest bidder. The booth closed and i won all this cool stuff. I later found out that somebody got the bundle for a retirement gift, and that he didn't want it. So rather than sell it off, he decided to donate it to the church's auction.

When I got everthing hooked up at home, I found that the old owner must have used it about once and never touched it again. No files were saved anywhere, and the game demos (the ones you get like three times to play on, then have to buy them) were not played once.

Best deal i ever got. I also found out that somebody was going to bid 300 on it, but shortly before the auction ended decided to play poker wit his friends or something. Bet he was pissed.

I got a nice thing for free today. But first a story. Back in the fourth grade, out teacher, Sr. Janette, used to play educational science videos everyday on what she called "the laser". I did not know until ages later that it was actually a laserdisc player. So a few years ago, Sr. Janette quit teaching because of horrible back problems. The new teacher came, and "the laser" disappeared. So about a month ago, my mom was talking to Sr. Janette's replacement. She told her about how I collect electronic junk and the sort. So recently I have started to aquire free electronics from her (small screen TVs and such). Well, today the teacher arrived and dropped off quite a surprising piece of "junk". She had found "the laser" sitting in the back of the 4th grade room's closet and had no use for it. She didn't know where the remote or science videos were, but who really cares? Those videos sucked. I found that it is in working condition because my Pantera Cds played in it.

So now I have a great condition Pioneer laserdisc player. Now I just need to start collecting laserdisks.

Back