Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Here in Canada, they still carry used stuff but it's VERY LIMITED, like the used stuff gets one case and one shelf usually.

grossaffe said:
yeah, ebgames/ebx/gamestop stopped stocking old stuff. That's why I love Starland. I'm so glad their warehouse is only a few miles down the road from me.

Googling Starland didn't come up with much other than bands and a weird hippie retreat. Whereabouts is that located? I have zero good used electronic stores near me, I'd love to hear of another outlet somewhere...

robm said:
grossaffe said:
yeah, ebgames/ebx/gamestop stopped stocking old stuff. That's why I love Starland. I'm so glad their warehouse is only a few miles down the road from me.

Googling Starland didn't come up with much other than bands and a weird hippie retreat. Whereabouts is that located? I have zero good used electronic stores near me, I'd love to hear of another outlet somewhere...

Search eStarland. I think that's what he's talking about.

Crap, there's only one actual retail outlet, located in Virginia.

Oh well, the hunt continues.

XCVG said:
robm said:
grossaffe said:

Search eStarland. I think that's what he's talking about.
indeed it is eStarland.com, and yes there is only one retail store and it is in my backyard. they used to have a few locations but then they closed 'em all down. I was sad :(. But then they opened up their warehouse to act as a retail location and it was much closer than the old store ever was AND its got a great inventory being that it is the only physical location that exists. I love my starland :)

Got a 300-piece rotary tool accessory set for $10 from Canadian Tire. It's got lots of sanding drums, grinding drums, cutting wheels, drill bits, and other things too. Cheap junk obviously, but still a good deal. I wouldn't want to use the cutting wheels, but the sanding and grinding stuff should be okay.

1e5c_1.JPG

I got this Madcatz 5 inch screen off of ebay for $9.95, $18.10 shipped. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on benheck that it is the psone screen only recased, and if not I didn't spend too much on it.

I went to my friend's house today. I bought from him a gbc that was completely drwan over (even screen cover) for $6

Then he sold me all of his sister's gb games they are the following: mario land, pokemon yellow, blue, crystal, and two gold. I have copies of all the games, but he sold me them for 2 bucks.

themadhacker said:
I went to my friend's house today. I bought from him a gbc that was completely drwan over (even screen cover) for $6

Then he sold me all of his sister's gb games they are the following: mario land, pokemon yellow, blue, crystal, and two gold. I have copies of all the games, but he sold me them for 2 bucks.
Can I buy a gold off of you? cheaply? :cool:

well, I might, but there is a disclaimer. None of the pokemon games save anymore except yellow, but it is most likely on it's way to a dead battery too.

themadhacker said:
well, I might, but there is a disclaimer. None of the pokemon games save anymore except yellow, but it is most likely on it's way to a dead battery too.
That's fine, name a price :)

So of you may remember back when I got a DS Lite from Gameboyfixer77 on benheck.

Well I got another DS Lite last friday. This one to be exact: http://westky.craigslist.org/ele/1257507966.html
(It's not the town where I live. So no finding out where nightwheel lives today folks :cool: )

It's a White DS Lite. I didn't pay $20 for though. Traded the Wii game Super Mario Sluggers for it. I got the game for $5 from a yard sale. And really didn't care for it. So his son got a (sorta) new Wii game and I got the DS. So basically this DS cost me $5. And it was cool to see the guy's son have the smile on his face about his new Wii game.

Anways........ this DS has issues too. More than my other DS Lite. It's got a broken right hinge. Non working R shoulder button button. The Touchscreen has some problems. And the hinge was super glued in the open position. From what I could gather from the guy. It sounds like his son dropped the DS more than once. The shoulder button stopped working before the hinge broke. But at least this DS can charge batteries unlike my other one. So for now, it my battery charger.

I removed most of the glue already. So I could close the lid and keep from breaking the hinge any more that it was when I got it. And I have it taped shut to keep it from opening back up for now.

Here's a picture of the DS (after I removed most of the glue, sorry):
PICT0062.jpg

Still, not bad for basically $5

You can probably fix it with a new case and some tweaking of the shoulder button.

Anyway, I got a whole load of stuff really cheap. PS2 network adaptor disc, $1. DVI (single link) cable, $1. A bunch of ribbon cables of various types (including one ASUS branded one and one round floppy cable), free. I could have got more cable but I didn't want to carry it. Also, my dad got an Audigy 2 soundcard for $5.

epicelite said:
DX sells shoulder buttons and cases! :awesome:
I know they do

I just don't want to deal with fixing it right now. The main reason I got that DS Lite was to charge my battery for my other DS Lite that has a charging problem.

i went on ebay last night, and got:
-jak II
-jak III
-oblivion
-bioshock
-a ps2 slim, 2 controllers, cables, and a memory card
-a psone screen

all for 173$. :dah:

Back