Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

I once got a SNES Mini (base unit only) on eBay for $3.25. Awesome deal.

And my friend once got a N64, 4 conrollers, RAM expansion PAK, and LoZ:MM for $2.50 at a yard sale.

I know of an original playstation controller (no analog sticks) at the thrift store. Nobody has touched it in months. Should I buy it? I hear they are pretty rare...

It may not be a "steal" or anything, but I managed to snag a PSOne screen off of ebay today for $30 shipped, which made me happy :p

Tchay said:
I know of an original playstation controller (no analog sticks) at the thrift store. Nobody has touched it in months. Should I buy it? I hear they are pretty rare...

How much is it? They're really not that rare, though they're definitely not as common as the Dualshock, but if it's around $2 or less, that's a good price. If it's a different color than the standard grey, though, it might be a little more rare since the only non-grey one I've ever seen, which is black, is the one I own.

zeturi said:
Got a used psone and screen combo for $10. $10! :pirate: :mrgreen:
where'd you get that :eek:

also i just got some USB gamepads that are like PS1/2 controllers but they're all bulky and stuff :confused:
i'm just gonna end up modding them into some ps1 dualshock controllers :p

I bought Super Mario RPG for the SNES, for $35. Considering the rarity of the game, I thought it was a good deal.

Well, I bought SMRPG with Star Fox, LoZ LttP, Street Fighter, and Actraiser for $60 total.

oh yeah? well, I got mario all stars, mario world, mario kart, zelda lttp, street fighter, 14 other games, two controllers, and a working snes... all for a red LED modded and ovrclocked gbc.

I got a great SNES deal once, too. I got a working SNES, a controller, power and A/V cables, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Sim City, Sim Earth, Lagoon, and Final Fantasy something-or-other for FREE. Seriously, I spotted the SNES and games laid out in this house's driveway (the people who lived there were having a garage sale since they were moving to Europe for their college work or something), I asked how much they wanted for it all, and they got me a box and told me to just take it all! I kept All Stars and Street Fighter and gave the rest to my sister.

Oh yeah? I got 2 shoeboxes of Atari 2600 games, a Sears Video Arcade 2 pre-modded with composite, a broken SNES, a NES, an N64 with 2 copies of Goldeneye, a Sega CD, 2 PS1's, a Genesis model 2, Wico trackball controller and a custom 2600 controller for FREE. A buddy of mine was cleaning out his game collection and sent me all his un used/broken/for fixing crap. I'll round everything up and take a pic.

Virtual boy, boxed, with everything included, plus like 6 games, AWESOME CONDITION - $30
Virtual boy, no foam eye piece, with tripod and controller and battery pack - $6
Contra nes - $3
Nes deluxe set box, with ROB the robot, gyro's gyro spinner, and button cradle - 20 dollars.

Meh, ok i guess. just some worthless garbage, Im probably just going to put it on the driveway.

Went to a game store, no deals. Asked how much a copy of Gyromite was.

Forty-five dollars.

He can go *Can'tSayThisOnTV* himself.

I saw some really cool stuff there, though. A PAL SNES, Super Famicom, pirate multicarts, imports, all sorts of rare and strange stuff. But the prices are exhorbitant, which is really too bad because there's such a good selection. The local pawn shop has much more reasonable prices, and there's another place I sometimes go to that has decent prices, and VERY GOOD PRESENTATION. They clean and shrinkwrap all the games, all labeled, little signs, glass cases, etc. Even the cheapo bin stuff is shrinkwrapped.

XCVG said:
there's another place I sometimes go to that has decent prices, and VERY GOOD PRESENTATION. They clean and shrinkwrap all the games, all labeled, little signs, glass cases, etc. Even the cheapo bin stuff is shrinkwrapped.
Sounds a lot like small game store near me. He shrink wraps everything as well, just sells a bit too high on current or last-gen stuff. Has lots of old stuff, including an NES toploader, SNES mini, and Genesis 3's last time I checked. Not bad prices on the older stuff, but I could easily find most things at half of his prices at my local flea market.

Got a PSX for $16 with all cables and two controllers at a thrift store. One controller is a DualShock, the other a Dual Analog. The right stick on the Dual Analog is screwed up- it's free to rotate. A good deal, I thought, but the Dang thing doesn't work! The controllers work though, tested them on my PS2. The PSX just doesn't respond to any sort of controller input.

EDIT: By PSX I mean original Playstation. I don't know how or why people call it that. I guess I should just say Playstation, but the average idiot thinks PS3 if I say that, and PSone/PS1 (pronunciation is identical) is usually used to refer to the little playstation.

well, we're on the internet and don't care about pronunciation as long as it's proper grammar and spelling.(we can't hear you) so just say ps1.(we're not dumb*Can'tSayThisOnTV*s)

Back