The tinyPNES worklog. EDIT: UPDATE!

Re: The UltraPNES worklog. EDIT: the curse returns

Dangit you got it.

The case will need a lot of inner cutting so the nes will fit, but once it and the nes are cut down more, the nes and a 3 inch pustom screen will nicely fit inside. Of course, batteries will be external.

Ya know, you can fit an N64 in there without hardly any cutting! :awesome:

Why not a 5" PSone LCD? It can fit, ya know.

Or do you not have one?

The reason for no psone screen is because I do not have one (that fully works) right now and because I want it to look as much like a gamegear as possible.

Got some updates for y'all! For one, you may have noticed the title change. It will now be called the "tinypnes", due to the fact that this will be the smallest portable nes using real nes hardware. I have also gotten much casework done.

100_0871.jpg

the front of the gamegear case. Not much has been done here except the obvious fact that I widened the screen hole. I will still be using the gamegear faceplate, but cutting the hole area saves about 1.5mm of space inside the case.

100_0872.jpg

The inside of the bottom half. There has been some serious cutting going on here. I removed the battery compartments, got rid of the tiny screwposts for mounting the gg to the case, removed two main screwposts (four is enough anyway), and chopped off the cartridge holder thingy.

100_0873.jpg

The bottom back. I used mighty putty (Billy, you will not be forgotten!) to fill in holes and to cover the edges along the battery doors. I also mighty puttied in the top half of a game gear cartridge to fill in the space at the top. in case you are wondering, the game was sonic2. I bought the cheapest game I could find on ebay, which was sonic2. I aready had a copy anyway, so it didn't matter destroying the case. The game's board still works and everything, it's just front-caseless. I may fill in the grooves next to the battery doors with mighty putty too, but I am unsure as to do it or not right now.

Oh, and I decided on what color to paint the case. I decided to paint the case red, and the screen cover solid black. This will make it look very much like that rare coke edition game gear.

more to come soon!

lol, i thought I would name it something funny. Let's just not fill this thread up with 10 pages of penis jokes like we did to Parker.

Got some work done. I sanded the epoxy down on the GG case. The areas that are still covered with globs of the epoxy won't be sanded further because the game genie will be covering them.
100_0875.jpg

Oh, yeah. I did some more cutting on the nes. I needed to relocate a few things with wires, but for the most part I had to relocate ground in some areas.
One more thing. It now fits.
100_0882.jpg

More to come soon.

Hey, I'm a bit late, but I just want to give all of you saying to "convert from composite to S-video" a big loser award for thinking that one of those adapters is how it works :dah:

I put mighty putty on the game genie case, sanded it, and painted it red. thee are a few mistakes you can't see from the picture, but overall, I am very satisfied with the results.

100_0885.jpg

I think it will look good red.

Re: The tinyPNES worklog. EDIT: UPDATE! 8/31

I have a minor update for you all.

Now, as you may or may not know, the red game gears had a nice white decal on the front of the case. It usually had something to do with it's theme, such as a Coke decal. Well, I have just found a good white decal for the front of my case on ebay. It is one of those vinyl car decals. Here is the ebay link, if you need to see it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ozzy-Osbourne-Full- ... .m20.l1116

YES MY TINYPNES WILL BE OZZY THEMED!

I will cut out the word "ozzy" and then put the word "osbourne" on the back.

On a sort of off note, while looking for decals, I also saw some ozzy decals that go on the circle on converse shoes. I might buy some converse shoes just so I can wear a picture of ozzy telling people to F off.

You are really into Ozzy, aren't you?

Personally, I liked his work with Black Sabbath a lot more then his newer stuff. Iron Man, FTW. :p

iron man wasn't his song, though. One of teh other members wrote it.

I like ozzy better as a solo career.

themadhacker said:

Ever listened to the words in "Iron Man?" They're so stupid. "Has he lost his mind? Can he see or is he blind? Can he walk at all, or if he moves will he fall?"

eurddrue said:
themadhacker said:

Ever listened to the words in "Iron Man?" They're so stupid. "Has he lost his mind? Can he see or is he blind? Can he walk at all, or if he moves will he fall?"

:red: :red: :facepalm: :red: :red:
How the Heck is that stupid.
Dumbass. :red:

I belive you like riahna, drue. so let me point out how stupid her lyrics are.

"under my umbrella ella ella. under my umbrella."

and you think sabbath is stupid?

1. Turn Mah swagga... oooonnnn
2. Repeat about 20 million times.
3. Instant Hit
4. ????
5. PROFIT

Back