The tinyPNES worklog. EDIT: UPDATE!

Re: The UltraPNES worklog. EDIT: the curse returns

Do try S-Video or RGB. Seeing as composite and S-video are so similar, the black and white image might be that the controller board is failing to separate the chroma and luma from the mixed signal, so by providing S-video, where they are separated already, it might help. RGB would look best, of course.

themadhacker said:
It's an nes. Nes can't do RGB, or s-video.
XCVG said:
Do you have it connected to composite and not Luma? I've done stupider things.

:facepalm: Sometimes I'm so dumb it amazes even me.

samjc3 said:
themadhacker said:
It's an nes. Nes can't do RGB, or s-video.
really? there isnt a mod for that yet?

The chip doesn't output RGB, but I think it's possible to get S-video.

Really? well, somebody educate me on this. I have never heard of any mention about getting s-video from an nes.

I might have to do that, but if worst comes to worst, I'll save the screen for something with RGB and just gat a 3" pustom screen.

XCVG said:
Basement_Modder said:
themadhacker said:
Really? well, somebody educate me on this. I have never heard of any mention about getting s-video from an nes.

simplest solution.

Pointless. All it does is split the composite signal.
Its not a magnificent difference, but the difference is still there. Gives a sharper picture making text easier to read.

I got sround to testing my other LCD on the screen. I turn on my snes, ad mario starts playing in color. So I leave it on, go out of my room, come back in, and it is off. So I hook up my batteries again, and the image is in color for a second, then black and white. I thought the problem was bad batteries, so I tried different ones. Still black and white. I think what is happenig may be a bad capacitor, as I heard that video problems can be linked to bad capacitors. SOMETHING is obviously dieing, as the video was in color for a little while. Now i have to go out and buy a multimeter (no I actually don't have one) and test all the capacitors to see if i get any readings from them.

themadhacker said:
I got sround to testing my other LCD on the screen. I turn on my snes, ad mario starts playing in color. So I leave it on, go out of my room, come back in, and it is off. So I hook up my batteries again, and the image is in color for a second, then black and white. I thought the problem was bad batteries, so I tried different ones. Still black and white. I think what is happenig may be a bad capacitor, as I heard that video problems can be linked to bad capacitors. SOMETHING is obviously dieing, as the video was in color for a little while. Now i have to go out and buy a multimeter (no I actually don't have one) and test all the capacitors to see if i get any readings from them.

You have been doing this for how long and dont have a multimeter?
546.gif

of all the people to give me lip, it had to be you, didn't it? I never got a multimeter simply because I hadn't needed one. Until now.

Basement_Modder said:
XCVG said:
Basement_Modder said:
themadhacker said:

simplest solution.

Pointless. All it does is split the composite signal.

... Which is exactly what he wanted to do :rolleyes:

...which he could do with a few pieces of wire and I think some resistors.

Ah, well that should be no problem for me then. Time to look through my box of random salvaged capacitors.

Sort of an update. My galoob game genie came today. I will be integrating the genie inside the pnes, rather than just using the cart slot. Besides, a built in game genie would give more reason for it to be called the Ultrapnes. More extras = more ultra.

Oh, and on a side note, I have discovered that with my button placement, I may not even have room for a psone screen. Does anybody know of a good quality 4 inch screen? I might go with a dealextreme 3.5 inch screen, but There are barely any reviews on those, and 3.5 inches seems a bit too small for a zn-40.

Back