The tinyPNES worklog. EDIT: UPDATE!

Re: The UltraPNES worklog.

Well, at least ask them for a photo of it working. If they don't comply, you don't buy. Simple as that. (Pretty good rhyme for being made up on the spot, eh?)

Just letting you all know. This project is going to be a bit slow for a while. I still need a game genie for the cart slot( Heck, maybe I'll put the game genie in the portable as well) and get a psone screen. All I have really done lately is sane the ABS goop down. Not worth taking a picture.

themadhacker said:
Just letting you all know. This project is going to be a bit slow for a while. I still need a game genie for the cart slot( Heck, maybe I'll put the game genie in the portable as well) and get a psone screen. All I have really done lately is sane the ABS goop down. Not worth taking a picture.
I think you should call this the blackpnes. :mrgreen:

The screen works!

Ok, so yesterday when bacteria mentioned himself getting scammed and then fixing his item, I was inspired to try to get my screen working. I went into poll barn, turned on metallica, turned on soldering iron, and connected 5v to pin 12. I put batteries to it. The screen flashed, then nothing. Well, I thought, At least the backlight works. So then I bypassed the fuse. Same issue. so then I take my battery and use my radioshack super fast charger thingy on it. Five minutes later I wired the battery to the screen and it worked. There is a bit of damage to the LCD, though, because I did the anti glare mod too fast, but hey, I have a spare LCD.

Pic of screen.

100_0855.jpg

BTW what looks like a crack in the screen is actually a hair.

looks like I just saved myself $50.

no. That one I finally fixed the problem on, and then later while I was working on it I fried it.

This is the verge screen that I recieved faulty.

Thanks, but I probably won't be doing the mod on my replacement LCD. If I mess that up, then i'm screwed over!

For the antiglare mod, if you heat it up quite a bit first, the adhesive is much more cooperative.

Re: The UltraPNES worklog. EDIT: the curse returns

Well, it seems my screen curse has again returned to me. I get out my screen, turn it on, and start playing with th volume buttons. They show up as green bars as usual. So then I hook up my snes to test out composite.....And it's in black and white? I don't know. It's just odd. The composite wire was attatched to the back of the board. Where the wire was when I bought the screen. So I connect composite to the front of the board where the wires are when you get a zenith/ps1 screen. Same scenerio. I have no Idea what is going on. And for those of you wondering, no I did not use my PAL snes. I was using my NTSC one. When I change the aangle of the screen I can see a few red, green, and blue lines along the sprites. I cn not begin to think what is wrong with my screen If it continues to screw up on me, I will be going with a dealxtreme or AEIcomp screen. But then I will have to deal with crappy small display.

Re: The UltraPNES worklog. EDIT: the curse returns

Do you have it connected to composite and not Luma? I've done stupider things.

Back