Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

I was wondering is this how I solder wires to the controller board? The black are where wires go to the board and then a tact switch. The red is the common ground.

P7281386-1.jpg

Update: I just extended the joystick
Update: I cut up some heatsinks for the chips. It took me a while since my dremel sucks have to take it back. It charges 3 hours and then can only be on for like 9 minutes.

You've got the controller points correct, I think. What controller are you using?

Also, I don't think you can take back a used dremel. What kind is it?

I have a third party controller.
I will just say its broken get a new unopened and then go to another lowes and then get my money back.
If I get can't my money back in the first place

Update: added spacers from fan to board
Update: added heat sinks with strings to hold down
Update: I have spacers from screen to fan. My total space is 3 in high. I don't want to spend the money to get a new fan so, I will have to stick with my demensions below. Putting a fan ontop of the heatsinks creates a very big case. At least, I will get everything inside with ease.
Where I live it is over 100 degress so, I can't turn on the oven or it will boil the house and everyone inside. This has created a small delay in completing my case.

Good news

Update: I found a fan that we replaced from laptop becasue it didn't turn on, but later found out that it only turns on after it gets hot. The fan will shrink my portable down a couple of inches.
Update: I found a cord to use that will plug from my portable into the wall.
Update: I took off my spacers that went from the fan to board to get ready for new fan

designer noob said:
Where I live it is over 100 degress so, I can't turn on the oven or it will boil the house and everyone inside. This has created a small delay in completing my case.

Do you live in the South, like around Lousisana or Texas.

Nope, the northwest and it was record temperatures yesterday and today was pretty hot. Yesterday was a little above 100 (Thanks to global warming) and today 90 something. I have to wait a couple days so, the temperature will fall below 90 degress.

It's hot on our west coast too, and I don't have an air conditioner. I have a project I want to get done but I don't want to use my soldering iron because it's so hot.

Well, until I get my on-off-on position switches I can't hook up anything or do anything becasue pretty much everything needs a switch in my portable. I will finish my case though tomorrow and probably vacuum form it the day after tomorrow.

Any one have any tips on vacuum forming becasue I only have 8 pieces of plastic for two cases. So, I can't mess up more than 3 times per piece.

1Q. How long do you have the vacuum on for?
1A. Until the plastic cools off, which is like 1 minute.
2Q. Usually how many minutes is the oven in the plastic. I know you are suppose to wait until the plastic drops two inches?
2A.The plastic only stays in the oven for like 30sec to 1minute.
3Q. Will the plastic smell?
3A. Yeah
4Q. What is the temperature of the Oven?
4A. 450 preheat. I am not 100% sure about this.
5Q. How long do you wait to cut the extra plastic? The plastic that is not being shaped by the mold.
5A. You cut the plastic after the whole thing has cooled.
6Q. Can I just use my regular vacuum cleaner for this? I have a stronger vacuum, is there a limit of how strong of vacuum you can have.
6A. ?
7. Any other tips?

6A: Sure, you can use the vacuum you have. There isn't any limit as far as I know, some people even use vacuum pumps!
7. Make sure your mold is really smooth, because any and all imperfections will show.

I am leaving on august 16 or something for a cruise and I have to be done before then, so when I get my switches in a few days I will finish right away. Then, I will start my WVI project and hope to be done with that before the end of august.

I have to wait for switches and they are coming from china. They are true DPDT switches. Everything needs to be added to the switch so, I can't hook anything up until I get it. I also, haven't found out the reason for my GBA grounding it self everytime. I am thinking its the switches, but I don't know.

Also, how many people here in this forum hang around here and don't make anything? I think I am intitled to some credit or brownie points?

Also, Bacteria not every one here can be genious like you. Making a portable in 1 to 2 days. Execpt for shockslayer.

designer noob said:
I have to wait for switches and they are coming from china. They are true DPDT switches. Everything needs to be added to the switch so, I can't hook anything up until I get it. I also, haven't found out the reason for my GBA grounding it self everytime. I am thinking its the switches, but I don't know.
Okay, where did you get the switches? I need some too.
designer noob said:
Also, how many people here in this forum hang around here and don't make anything? I think I am intitled to some credit or brownie points?
A lot. I only started my YAP64/2 a few weeks ago, been here since the beginning.
designer noob said:
Also, Bacteria not every one here can be genious like you. Making a portable in 1 to 2 days. Execpt for shockslayer.
ZING!!

Update: Two out of four packages came.
Update: crsyal oscillators to overclock Gameboy Advance
Update: N64 rumble and memory in 1. It has 1m, but has channels to switch so, really just 4 256k cards. There are three switches meaning 1.5 poles. I wondering if there is a way to ahve them opened all at once?

Also, I soldered three ethernet cords together to produce a 25feet something ethernet cord.
Also, I tried to fix two xbox360 headsets can't test them since my xbox is getting fixed.
This is what I have been doing while waiting for my switches. Not much, but still what ever.

sorry for a triple post, but just wondering is it possible to put solar panels over your portable and use that for energy to charge it? Would you be able to play your portable while its on or would you not get enough amps from it?

Or a small solar portable generator to power the whole system. I don't know if you would get enough amps at a time for this to work. I want to know becasue after those two projects I am making a gamecube portable and it will only run for 1 hour, that just horable.

With the size of most portables I doubt there would be space to have solar panels in there that could handle the amp draw... Plus you'd cover up the solar panel on accident and the console would reset! :dahroll:

A couple bigger panels attached to something else might work though... I know harbor freight sells a 'solar car battery charger' that powers at least twelve volts but I don't know how many you'd need to power the amp draw...

6 amps? No, probably not. You're gonna need some pretty beefy solar panels, and they sure as Heck won't fit on any portable I've ever seen. :lol:

:cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

No, I would make like a small solar portable generator or I will just keep incorporate the orignal power adapter from the Gamecube into my portable so, I can put it into the wall, but then I would be limited to only walls. So, the generator would be very nice. The generator would be seperate from the portable. Pretty much a portable itself. So, then I can walk around outside or inside.

I am pretty sure a solar generator would be able to easily pull more than 6amps.

Back