Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

I will be getting back from my cruise soon and will continue.

I don't know if I can start right away becasue when I get back I might be hit with a lot of homework, because certain classes at my school give out tons of summer homework. If they don't I should be finished before the beginning of school.

Well, I am probably going to buy a new screen and just use this one when I make a Gamecube becasue I really don't want like 8 jacks coming from my portable. Two for sound, 3 for RGB, and one for c-sync.

Things left to do:
1. hook up the new screen that will take- 1 minute
2. hook up converter takes like- 5minutes
3. hook up two power indicators-5minutes
4. Lastly, hook up controller- A couple of hours
5. hook up GBA sound- 3minutes
6. Relocate GBA cart slot- 2.5 hours

Make case- Five days or something like that

I really don't have much wiring left to do.

I would take a pictuer, but I don't have a camera for like 4 hours.
Quick questions: the GBA has mono as sound. Well, if you look at the two wires going to the speaker they are both the same. So, how do you know which, is positive and negative. I want to take the positive and hook it up to both right and left so, I don't hear it coming out of just one speaker. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which wire is posite. Thanks.

Also, is the quality of the intec 5.4" screens really that bad?

You can get stereo sound from the GBA through the headphone jack. Also, yes the 5.4 intec screens are that bad. The new ones are better though, but too big to be useful.

So, I tried to make my case again

I have been using the same piece of plastic over and over to gain skill and it just broke. So, I tried another new piece and it dropped a lot farther than usually, and it hit the pan that the frame was sitting and stuck to it. So, pretty much I had to stop.

I will try again this weekend.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this is possible. The composite on my screen is broken so, I was going to try RBG to see if it works. Well, I don't want to many a/v output jacks and RBG needs like 5 or 6. So, I was wondering can I hook wires from the N64 composite to the a/v output jack then add a switch on the ground. Then, add N64 RBG wires to the screen?

What? Well if your N64 has RGB, no reason why you can't use it. But what's the switch for?

lol, no, I am going to use RBG and composite at the same time. This RBG and composite will be coming from the N64. I am using the switch becasue I was thinking that you can't have the composite and RBG on at the same time.

So, main question if I hook up wires to the RBG and composite of the n64 and then composite goes to a/v output switch and RGB to my screen will it work? Can the screen handle both RBG and composite at the same time?

So, I tried again with a new piece of plastic and none of my containers have a big enough dip in them, the plastic dips like 1inch more than the container. So, I have to build my frame into a rack that can fit into the oven as its own piece, which I will do tomorrow and the case should be made by monday.

For vacuum-forming with an oven, put 4 glass jars on the rack and set the frame on top of them. This allows drooping.

Yeah, I need both composite and RBG because my composite on my screen broke so, I need RBG for the screen. Then, I don't want RBG for output jacks because there would be R, B, G, C sync, right audio, left audio, which makes 6 output jacks coming from my case. I don't want that many jacks coming from my case. So, I will hook up composite for my output jacks.

lol, yeah thats what I am doing. But, can the N64 handle both RBG and composite at once was my original question.

Also, I don't have glass jars, but I found some rods that will work. I just need to charge my dremel and then cut them to the correct size and screw them on. Which, will be done tomorrow and then vacuum form, which I will try again too.

sweet, well, I will really try to finish up by the end of the week, but my converter is taking forever because the shiiping I chose was cheap. Didn't think it would take this long though.

Update: kk, well, I added pieces of metal to the wood, so it can act as its own rack and added screws so, the to frames are one piece.

I will vacuum form my case after I do my math homework and other school work. Pictures will be up tonight or tomorrow after school.

So, I tried vacuum forming with a bad piece of plastic and it seem to mold very well. Well, I tried to get my clay sculpture out of the plastic and while trying to do this I broke it. It doesn't really matter because it was 2inch short so, I would of had to cut the bottom piece of plastic and add a bottom like bacteria did.

So, question, how do you guys get your clay molding off of the plastic when it is attached to it? I tried banging on the plastic probably was not the best idea.

My battery has been discharging it self very rapidly. Maybe 1v per day when it should be .03v per day. So, one day later it should go to 8.37v not 7.4v. So, I am wondering if the positive and negative wires are very close and then there is a layer of hot glue between them could the hot glue be conductive at all? Because, I have hot glue between all my wires located on my on-off-on switches.

Hot glue isn't conductive. It's probably your batteries, where did you get them? (sorry, didn't read whole thread). If they were old, that's probably it. It's why laptop batteries stop working after a while.

Back