Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

If you use clay, you could sand the hardened clay. My sister did an art project with clay and sanded it to a very smooth finish.

I had previosuly wired the cart slot up and got it working, but to make it fit in my case I needed to redo it. I have attempted several times with every attempt producing no video on the screen.

The n64 LED lights up and I have taken the game out to check if the RCP gets hot fast, but it doesn't.

Are there any one other ways to see if the n64 is fried? Or is it just my wiring?

I'm guessing (hoping, really) that it's just your wiring. Redo all of your joints. If it doesn't work then, I don't know what to say.

I got it working, but pokemon stadium doesn't run and zelda and a buntch of other games do. Can anyone tell me how to figure out which pins each game uses?

nvm

cough... I am almost done.

Update:
I have pretty much placed all the pieces in my case. There are to many things to list for an update. I spent all day and night Friday, and most of Saturday trying to finish up.

There are still a few glitches as some of my buttons don't work and the screen sometimes turns off with the movement of wires. I believe that most of these glitches can be solved fairly easily.

I forgot to add that I rewired a new GBA and converter and they both work.

Also, I finished AC proofing my charging cable so I can put in the rest of the parts.

This should be done by Friday night as I have tons of homework this week. I will then start my WVI project in hopes of finishing before I get Fable 3.

I still haven't found a easy way to flip all the switches at once. I have 10 or so switches lined up and glued together. I need to find a way where only a little piece is sticking out of my case. Any ideas?

Update:

The reason I added the gameboy advance portion was so I could play my favorite game Final Fantasy Tatics Advanced. The last GBA wiring didn't work, but this one did. So... :D

I wired half of the GBA controller system and placed it inside the case with the cart slot glued in.

Left to do:

Wire GBA controller-half
Place in Converter
lay in n64 joystick
Cut a whole for the main switch
Fix the glitches
Repair parts of the case that I had to cut up

I will be up all night doing this

nvm it works, but the converter is a piece of flax. I am only able to get it perfectly maybe once every hour. So I don't know how long it will take me to have it working and keep it working long enough to glue it down or something.

Yeah, I tried hooking up the other gameboy Advance didn't work. I am going to cancel the gameboy advance side and just pack it up leaving extra room if I every wanted to add it in.

Well, I did most of the wiring almost 2 years ago, so the constant bendind of the wires soldered to the switches have caused some of them to come lose or broken, but still be attached. When I turn the power on when the switches are in the correct position does the video come on. If I can't fix this tomorrow. I am going to just scrap the project, save the screen and other parts that are useful and just go for a slim n64 portable.

I figured out the problem for why the game was coming on and fixed it.

Left to do:
I am just going to rewire another controller mobo because some of the controls aren't working and I messed up the board in the beginning.
Then pack it up.

Does any one have a wiring diagram for using a Gamecube joystick as an n64 one? I found this one, but I don't think it is correct.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2384

If you look the joystick is only going to five wires, but all superpad controllers have six possible areas for solder. Correct me if I am wrong, but if you look closely is the fourth one not used becasue there seems to be a gap there.

Back