Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

I just got my sealent to fix up my case and this one talks about easy clean up with water. Does that mean that when it has harden it will dissolve with water? Or you can add water to easy smooth everything out?

some good news... I got some krylon fusion and a new epoxy. The krylon fusion paint is very very good. The new epoxy also worked a lot better. I was able to add pieces to my case much easier and it looks a lot better.

As I was placing pieces inside my case and I figured out that my wires were far to long. So I am going to shorten all the wiring and starting placing everything inside the case.

Question: Has anyone experienced a time when their cases didn't match up? They don't perfectly align. I don't know how you guys get molds to match up so well when they are two different pieces of clay.

kk, I have cut pretty much all the wholes except three. I am getting read to put all my pieces in but I need to know how to cut the extreme small holes. For the on and off switch head, and the on/off and selection storage for the ram. They are like 1cm by 1 cm? I have nothing that accurate.

I used an exacto knife and I must say the things are sharp. I cut my self likme 3 times, and they were pretty deep cuts.

I just have to cut the on /off switches and then patch upholes and repaint and I am done. I will probably post a semi finished case tomorrow. Then I will start putting pieces inside.

I will probably be done in like two weeks. I have been working for a couple of hours a day and have gotten a lot done. After this project I am going to do the wvi which is going to be a far easier project. Its really just building a case.

The absolute BEST bits for drilling holes in plastic

01903.gif

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... umber=1903

I was doing a final coat on my case yesterday and a used a bottle of paint that was almost empty. I quess it had kind of set inside and I sprayed chunkes of paint all over my case. I just sanded them and will post pictures tonight or tomorrow after I repaint both cases.

βeta said:
Hail, why would you use those, and not normal wood bits?

I have every drill bit known to man and have used them all on plastic and those Forstner Bits cut out PERFECT holes in the plastic every time. No accidental grabbing, no accidental slipping, no melting. just perfect holes.

BEFORE:

1111091252-2.jpg
1111091251-2.jpg

AFTER:

This is pretty much my final case design except for the bottom of the case which as you can see has some misshapen holes. These will be fixed when all the pieces are inside so I can figure out how much glue to add.

P4130032-1.jpg
P4130031-1.jpg
P4130030-1.jpg

P4130029-1.jpg
P4130028-1.jpg

That's the worst vacuum forming I've ever seen in my life. I think you need to spend a little more time on the mold, it isn't smooth enough yet.

Thanks for the great words of insipiration.

Also how do you get the molds perfect. They come from two different clay pieces. Even if you measure perfectly they wont come out perfect. There is also drying which srinks the mold.

Do you make two seperate wood molds one top and one bottom? Or one wood mold and then when you need to do the back or top you add something in the middle so the plastic doesn't go over?

I think you can do both, or make a full one and cut it in half after to make sure it fits perfectly.

The design is fine, it is just the quality of the vac formed plastic, looks lumpy and uneven, bumpy and stuff.

I am tired of working on the case and will just keep it the way it is. For a case that started with huge cracks going from one side to another to a case with just some visable bumps thats fine with me. Also after I make two cases I will get a lot faster/better so I might just make a total new case later on.

Back