Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Those Game Gears are probably easily fixable with a new set of capacitors. The sound problem one definitely.

Might repair one and sell it on but the other one's being used for a megadrive portable case ;)

Garage Sales around here are slim pickins these days as far as electronics go, BUT... today I snagged a complete Sega Genesis with two controllers and all hookups (actually 3 power supplies for some reason,) and an NES with three controllers and all hookups. Got both sets for $10. :awesome:

The NES is an NES-001 model. Not sure if that means anything at all, but... first revision, woot? I guess?

I got a psone screen for $24.99, atomic purple CGB for $9.99, and 2 NES controllers for $5 from a pawn shop :D

I had a good deal today which also turned out to be a big surprise.

My friend posted on facebook that she was selling an nes with 5 games, a controller, and hookups for $30. Now $30 is an alright deal for an nes with all that, so I told her to bring it into school and I would buy it from her.

So at school today, I gave her the money and out of her handbag she pulled a model 2 nes with a dogbone controller and hookups. The games are common ones which I already have, but who gives a *Can'tSayThisOnTV* when you get an nes 2 for $30.

themadhacker said:
I had a good deal today which also turned out to be a big surprise.

My friend posted on facebook that she was selling an nes with 5 games, a controller, and hookups for $30. Now $30 is an alright deal for an nes with all that, so I told her to bring it into school and I would buy it from her.

So at school today, I gave her the money and out of her handbag she pulled a model 2 nes with a dogbone controller and hookups. The games are common ones which I already have, but who gives a *PLINK* when you get an nes 2 for $30.
You *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing lucky Sega!

I've always wanted an NES 2! :awesome:

I've always wanted one of those. Instead, I'm stuck with a boring old NES-001, 2 games, 2 controllers, for free because the NES didnt work. So, I cleaned off the connections, and it still didnt work. Solution? Take it apart, put a cartridge in, and stick a book on it. Works perfectly. YES!

Essentially, I bought a Vizio HDTV back in July. Speakers didn't work right, so I exchanged it. Second one had dead pixels on the screen. Exchanged it. Third one had bad speakers again. Took it back to Walmart and got my money back; bought a Samsung. Wrote a letter to Vizio about my experience and requested an HDMI cable for my trouble. Got one along with a letter of apology for my bad experience. Sent them a thank-you letter and ended up getting another cable a month later.

Back