Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Just got an original PlayStation with a bunch of games, 2 memory cards, 2 controllers, av and power cables, a gun controller, and an arcade type controller. Some of the better games included were Megaman 8, Megaman Legends, Gran Turismo, and Time Crisis. The best part? All this was FREE.

Trading a friend of mine for a bunch of stuff

I'm giving him a 360+20g HDD(no controller), and Fallout 3 for 8 gigs of DDR2 @ 1333MHz, a Gigabyte Full ATX motherboard w/ an intel core 2 Quad @ something like 2.6GHz, random power supply, nvidia GTS 120 or something, Blu-ray drive, fans, Mega man x Collection for Gamecube, Gold OoT cart, Gold LoZ cart(NES).

Lol

A while back I got a Dreamcast with 7 games and a memory card with the controller for $30. They even let me keep a box that they were keeping it in.

Well hey, it's only $2.00, not a huge loss. If he doesn't want it then I'll probably buy it from him.

geno whirl said:
A while back I got a Dreamcast with 7 games and a memory card with the controller for $30. They even let me keep a box that they were keeping it in.
Wow you got box?
I got a rock :wtf:

I went yardsaling today.

I got two record albums, one a bob seger and the other a compilation from a local radio station. I got two singles too a billy joel and a near mint nat king cole.

I also got a box of 24 8 track tapes and a carrying case for $5 Some of the bands are areosmith, deep purple, styx, eagles, george thorogood and the destroyers, cheap trick, and led zeppelin.

also got a van halen cassette for 50 cents.

themadhacker said:
I went yardsaling today.

I got two record albums, one a bob seger and the other a compilation from a local radio station. I got two singles too a billy joel and a near mint nat king cole.

I also got a box of 24 8 track tapes and a carrying case for $5 Some of the bands are areosmith, deep purple, styx, eagles, george thorogood and the destroyers, cheap trick, and led zeppelin.

also got a van halen cassette for 50 cents.

You lucky devil

QuickSkop3 said:
I just got a Golden, Holographic copy of Majoras Mask for 10$ at my local Ebgames (Gamestop)

Pretty good deal :p

Uhh...How did you manage that?

Gamestop stopped carrying any type of N64 game in like 2003-4

I have an eb games about 10 or 15 km away from my house that has like 15 games, half of them with duplicates. (I got dk64 for 10 and a n64 at a different location for 15 :p)

Michaelthurston said:
QuickSkop3 said:
I just got a Golden, Holographic copy of Majoras Mask for 10$ at my local Ebgames (Gamestop)

Because Ebgames > Gamestop.

Michaelthurston said:
QuickSkop3 said:

canada.gif

There's no EBgames where I live. However, whenever I go to an EBgames, I'm kind of disappointed. Plenty of last-gen stuff, games mostly, but very little if any older stuff. I remember though, where I used to live there was an EBgames and they had LOADS of stuff. Back then N64 wasn't that old but I think they had older stuff that I couldn't identify at the time.

Now there's a Play and Trade here, which is a lot like what EB was like back then.

Anyway, it's pretty clear the guy at school isn't actually going to sell me his PS2. Dang. Oh well, I have a GameCube and a modded XBOX. And a Dreamcast. Damnit, if I had a PS2 I'd have every 6th gen system!

I'ma stop hijacking this thread now.

in the art room at school there is a box of totally destroyed electronics stuff. They rip apart electronic junk and turn it into 3d "art". Well the other day I saw the cord from an nes controller so I stole it.

I noticed that the wires are blue, purple, white, and brown, so it is from a zapper.
Time to hack my sj3 zapper to be used with a real nes.

or who knows. maybe I will do some testing with random transistors I have to see if I can actually make a zapper.

Spent around $80 or so yesterday, out of town. Hit up a bunch of places.

I bought from a game store:
-PS2 Slim (bare): $20
-Grand Turismo 3 (PS2): $2
-ATV Offroad Fury 2 (PS2): $2
-PS2 Memory Card (official): $15
-XBOX Controller (Intec): $10
-Dreamcast VMU (Sega, Green): $10
That particular place is great. Good selection, decent prices, but best of all everything is cleaned, tested, shrinkwrapped and guaranteed to work.

From not one but two thrift stores:
-DualShock 2: $7
-JSRF/Sega GT 2002 (XBOX): $7

I also went to an EBgames. Didn't, but could have bought another XBOX for $25, or a PS2 fat for $20. With all cords and a controller. They also had GameCubes for $10. Guess that stuff really is worthless.

Back