GBC Mod

J.D said:
Bibin said:
J.D said:
If you have a broken DS, rewire the battery from that and stuff (I have no idea what I'm ta;ling about)

I can tell you don't. That'll power the CGB, but you'll need to implement a charge circuit still.
Uhh...that's what the and stuff stood for... :geek2

The charging circuit is integrated into the DS, though, so you can't transplant it.

jleemero said:
Hey, N00B, would you be allowed to buy stuff here?
Because if so, I can easily get a hold of things like a GBA SP, and I'm sure others here could too.
Yeah, I can buy stuff anywhere but ebay and other bidding sites. I just don't have any money right now... :neutral:
jleemero said:
However, the "better" solution would be to grab an existing "rechargeable battery pack" made for the CGB.
They have those!?! :omg: that would be perfect! Are they rare?
jleemero said:
a rechargeable battery pack made for the GBA.
The CGB one would be better...
themadhacker said:
There are rechargable GBC batteries that you an get cheaply.
Where can I get one?
EDIT: No, seems I can't buy off this site...

You can get cheapo ones at walmart, or better ones there too! It would be better to get something other than AA's though, check around batteryspace.com for 3-3.7v batteries.

N00BModdr said:
eurddrue said:
You can get cheapo ones at walmart, or better ones there too!
Actual battery packs? or just rechargable batteries?
Just rechargeable batteries. If you want a battery "pack", get one of the ones for a GBA and put the cells in your CGB.

N00BModdr said:
If no one saw my edit, I can't buy off this site...
Well, you're pretty much SOL.

Also, CGB Rechargable Battery Packs:
Some are rare, namely the good ones. If you find one, it'll cost way too much.
The one's that aren't rare, well, they aren't rare for a reason, being that they're huge, ugly, and had poor battery life. Those ones are still overpriced, to be honest.

If you're willing to do some modification, adapting a GBA one to a CGB would be easy.
If not, buy yourself an overpriced ugly junk one on eBay.

Yeah, you're SOL.

N00BModdr said:
jleemero said:
N00BModdr said:
Yeah, you're SOL.
True...
jleemero said:
N00BModdr said:
If you're willing to do some modification, adapting a GBA one to a CGB would be easy.
I am...if it's my only option...can I get a GBA one out of the original GBA?
Nope, they were third party made packs, the original GBA took 2 double A's.

Yes, but that would defeat the purpose. I still want it to be portable, just with a rechargable battery pack, like a DS or PSP or GBASP.

Bibin said:
J.D said:
Bibin said:
J.D said:
If you have a broken DS, rewire the battery from that and stuff (I have no idea what I'm ta;ling about)

I can tell you don't. That'll power the CGB, but you'll need to implement a charge circuit still.
Uhh...that's what the and stuff stood for... :geek2

The charging circuit is integrated into the DS, though, so you can't transplant it.
If you have a broken DS you can take the stuff from that.

don't do it noon. You cannot just take the battery from a ds and have it magically work. More when I'm off my touch.

N00BModdr said:
J.D:
N00BModdr said:
eurdrue: I know that...But I can mod a GBA battery pack to work, right?
Yep, should be same voltage! Probably just rechargeable AA's in there though.

Back