GBC Mod

N00BModdr said:
jleemero said:
And yeah, they'll give you $1.20 for an N64 Jumper Pack.
I can get those things for free from my local used games store.
What store is that? :omg:
My local store, they're not a chain, and therefor of no use to you. :p

Plus I've been going there for years and know everyone there and I get cool junk and "special offers" all the time :awesome:

jleemero said:
My local store, they're not a chain, and therefor of no use to you. :p
Darn. :neutral: Well, still have alot of my own junk anyways.
Thanks for all your help. And thanks to everyone else who helped me out with my mods. :thumb:

Keep active on the site.

I'll have my tutorial up within a couple of days of receiving that GBA Battery Pack.

Well, I didn't listen, and this is what I got. The idea was to have the LCD resting on top of the 4 LEDs, with a switch to turn the LEDs on and off... now I can't even close it!

Well of course you can't! :lol2:

The LCD sits DIRECTLY ON TOP of the motherboard. Putting something between them and expecting it to fit=epic fail. Try putting the LED's next to the screen. Of course, you won't be able to see anything unless you mod the screen itself.

Basement_Modder said:
Well just mod it, then. bibin even made a tutorial.
Just use it for the Peeling off the white layer and power wiring part.

Okay, seriously.
Stop posting.
Go back and read this thread, then try again.

That tutorial is for the GameboyPocket.
A system fully capable of being backlighted.

The GameboyColor on the other hand cannot be backlighted.
Nobody has made a tutorial for this just yet, though it's nearly identical to the process of frontlighting an original Gameboy Advance.

Indeed. That will not work for the Game Boy Pocket. This is for the Game Boy Color, and the reason I haven't made a guide for it is because it's a poopy piece of garbage that refuses to be backlightable. The GBA guide is almost identical for a GB Color, though, so just read that.

"Just putting LED's beside the screen", no matter what for, won't make it visible.

jleemero said:
XCVG said:
Bibin said:
"Just putting LED's beside the screen", no matter what for, won't make it visible.

What about putting LEDs beside and forward of the screen?

Okay, let's try this again.

jleemero said:
Stop posting.
Go back and read this thread, then try again.

Geez, no need to be a jerk about it. But it's all good, I think I've figured it out. Time to find a GBASP!

So does anyone have a walkthrough to put the backlighing of a SP (how do I get it out and stuff) into a GBC?
Sorry if its been asked im new!!

Back