CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (5/3/13)

hey bro for shrinking tubes you can use a lighter at low fire (very low fire) and be cafeful to not burn anything esle and just pass it fast around 3 time thats what i did for my xlw and a hair driyer never acure to me so that you will have to check lol

ProgMetalMan said:
Can't wait to see!
Happy birthday, BTW.

thanx prog :)
i can't what to see my portable ready, it'll be asweome :)

Noah said:
Any date you expect to have this finished by? I'm excited to see how it turns out. :)

um, a specific date? that depends on how long step 3 takes to complete,
it may be some days now or the weekend (march 9th 10th) or sometime next week.

as of right now, im at the recharging of the 7800mah pack, ad testing it out fully and getting H/min. it should take a day or two.
then comes the mounting, it will take some time, days (maybe) .

but, dispsite the mounting job, which is big i feel the portable will be ready soon, sometime.
i can't say exactly when, but im sure it'll be soon.
when ever that time comes, i'll post it here and make a finished project thread with a teaser before that. don't you worry about that.

i seriously can't wait to see the portable ready, it'll be asweome :)
thanx for all the support and help on my GCP worklog, noah :)

stay tuned for more :)

Sweet, can't wait to see it finished.

9/3/13

Finished fully recharging the batt pack. Got it green light on TLP charger at 01.18.
Add that with the 07.?? And get 8h 18min.

This may be wrong cause I used 3amp thick wire, then I switched it it small wire,
I'll try to recharge it fully again after the test run to see if it chargers again at the same amount of time.

The 5000 mah pack gave me 1h 24min (not counting the stero amp and new fan (12v @ 16A) which I have now.

I'll test this pack (7800 mah) tommorow all the way through until it runs out and record H and M.

And see if the 5000mah pack works better than the 7800mah with the new setup?

The recharge time on the 5000mah is less than the 7800 mah I think,
The 7800mah takes some time more than the 5000 mah to recharge, but may provide lots of playtime?

After that it should be pretty simple as just putting stuff in the case, really.

More very soon..

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (9/3/13)

13/3/13

Okay, I tested the batt pack out (7800 mah) on GC etc. it worked great at first, dispute it took forever to charge (like 8 h 18 mins), the amp gave good sound, but had some feed back.
I played Lugi's Mansion for a while and using my ipodtouch stopwatch I timed the pack.

Now listen to this, the pack shuts off at 06.29.5 (that was the reading my ipodtouch gave)
Um, why? Dispute it taking SO long to recharge, it shut completely off at less than at least 1 hour.

And it's reading gives 8.18v, then I replugged it in to get the reading in the multimeter and second time and it jumped to various readings from 7.0 to 8.01 etc.

Maybe the pack (7800mah) is damaged or just sucks and can't provide the power needed to maintain the 7800mah to the GC system, werid I know

The 5000mah pack is less mah, but can provide a steady 1h 24 min of power to the GC.

Also, when I turn on the switch to give power to the GC from the 7800mah pack, it won't turn on?

Any suggestions?

Also I tested the GC on 12v after and it's fine :), maybe the pack is broken or sucks in power. :(

Lucky the 5000mah does it's job even if it provides less time.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (13/3/13)

It could just be a cheap chinese battery that lied about its capacity. That's happened to me before so now I always buy quality and trusted batteries.

Batteryspace.com is the ONLY place I buy batteries from. Many portablizers use batteryspace as they are very professional, have an amazing selection, and are very thorough in their documentation and specs.

Never buy the blue "high amperage" batteries :p

bugman said:
It could just be a cheap chinese battery that lied about its capacity. That's happened to me before so now I always buy quality and trusted batteries.

um, yeah that must be it, the 7800 mah capacity is a lie :(.
nevermind through, as my trusty ebay 5000 mah pack hailrazer recommended me to use works fantastically well :)

better than that amazon uk 7800 pack which takes MUCH longer to recharge than the 5000 mah pack and only works for 6mins?

thanx for the tip, bugman :)

Tchay said:
Batteryspace.com is the ONLY place I buy batteries from. Many portablizers use batteryspace as they are very professional, have an amazing selection, and are very thorough in their documentation and specs.

Never buy the blue "high amperage" batteries :p

thanx for the tip tchay :)

17/3/13

hay guys, i got for you today fantastic new exciting updates :) :) :)

today is a good day :)

i recharged & tested the 5000 mAh on my gc with the new audio amp (Stereo/5V) with Custom Volume Numb & Headphone jack and Fan (50x50x50mm) 12v @ A0.16.

and got a total playtime of:

01 H 32 Mins :awesome: :mrgreen:

yes :)

the new audio amp and fan helped out alot.

i played some games and best some levels etc in that time,

(SSBM/Zelda II (collector's edition)/zelda winder waker 20min demo (collector's edition)/LOTHR two towers)
i had so much fun it seems like more than a hour (when you're having fun, time files fast)

anyways, this is great, as now i have tested everything and it's all good and working great, now i can start putting things inside my case slowly, slowly :)

expect more stuff real soon, and i mean exciting stuff, really this time things are getting really interesting now.

i also will use a plexiglass sheet for protecting the screen and it works great, you can't even see it's there.

casework, lots of epoxy and more fun casework next :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (17/3/13)

Noah said:
Gamerlolwind said:
and more fun casework next :)
Whaaat I had no idea casework was fun.

um, well. it's my first time doing casework, so i guess it should be considered fun, epoxying and all the mounting that goes on, eh?

bugman said:
Modding is suppose to be fun!

well, it is fun at times depending on what you are doing, like soldering speakers, or hot gluing etc

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (17/3/13)

18/3/13

today using Tesa Mirror taped (double sided):

taped the GC info on the case

IMG_1170_zps36bae7f3.jpg

Taped/positioned fan in place on top of the GC

IMG_1176_zps832900b0.jpg

and taped Bios batt top side "+" using PVC tape:

IMG_1178_zps151d8990.jpg

19/3/13

i epoxyed the GC power port and External ports:

(epoxy may be hard to see, but it's there)

IMG_1174_zpsc2d88018.jpg

IMG_1172_zps0f4f3fc8.jpg

Casework guideline notes i made:

Caseworkguidelinesnotes_zps0074678f.jpeg

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (19/3/13)

Update on notes: (22/3)

--------------------------
Since now im going to be doing each section of the mounting in the case (parts)
and i have given each component a part, so it'll be like this:

Part I: Screen
Part II: Controller
Part III: Audio Amp
Part IV: Charge n Play w/h Battery
Part V: Gamecube system
Part VI: Closing up (finishing touches!)

so, yeah look forward to these parts soon, also no more dates like (xx/x/xx) will be used from now on as I'm almost there and just need to tackle the mounting + epoxy.

--------------------------

i also got two new syringes as my old one sucked in taking in epoxy and trying it dish it out.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (22/3/13)

Part I: screen!

i have mounted the screen protector thing using epoxy, syringe didn't work, but i used a plastic stick thing.
got the job done anyhow. :awesome:

IMG_1179_zps91841e07.jpg

IMG_1180_zpsd203506b.jpg

IMG_1181_zps6d622bd7.jpg

haven't added the screen yet as it's board blocks some of the control parts from fitting in, so i'll need to position them in first then put the screen in (tape on top!).

more tomorrow...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part I)

am still up to remake your case bro :awesome: i man love you gamer if it wasent for you i wouldnt have gotten where i am on my gcp :oops:

thecasperrojas said:
am still up to remake your case bro :awesome: i man love you gamer if it wasent for you i wouldnt have gotten where i am on my gcp :oops:

thanx casper for the help, but the case is good, im almost close to finishing it,

also im not going to be selling this as it is my very first GCP ever and only one.
and it took me quite some time (since 2010 - idea of portable, sep 12 - work log began) to get it to here thanx to the help of different members, which i owe all too for this as if it weren't for them i wouldn't have a fully working GCP almost ready in the palm of my hands :)

and you have helped me out alot too, Thanx man :)

im glad i helped you out in your GCP in some big way :)
that's one for the record books, same goes for my GCP.

now that i think about it, the Special thanx/Credits in my Finished project topic will be huge, i have even noted down what each person who has helped me out and what they did. i may be missing something or someone, but i'll fill that in when the Finished Project is up. :)

No Problem, casper anytime man, glad to help you out :)

can't with to see more of your GCP :)

Part II

IMG_1185_zps21fdfe05.jpg

i have been working for the last some days on my GCP, mounting the various controls in the case using Bison epoxy.

so far, i have successfully added the L/R/Z/Start/D-Pad/Rumble parts in using PVC tape + epoxy + some plastic food tray stuff for support and it works great :)

the A/B/X/Y buttons with controller board is given me a headache as i have a difficult time on how to mount them properly :(. i used some spacers from the Classic controller for the gc, but no luck, any help? i have seen tchay's mounting method with using screw posts and PCB boards.

the C-stick i have to test and see if it works good as the case's fitting for it isn't exactly what i call perfect (which may cause issues for it not working properly).

the Control stick isn't working as it should, you may remember that on my wii i tested it out and it woks fine, but i had not tested it on my gc, i thought it would naturally work as on my wii it worked fine, but it is not the case here. oh man, i need more testing now :(.

an updated pic of my GCP coming soon, I'm almost done with Part II, just need to fix the ABXY issues, the C-stick issue and the control stick issue.

otherwise system works great and all, screen isn't fitted in 100% but 90% of it fits in the main window :)

more soon..

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part II)

Part II

the A/B/X/Y issue solution:

IMG_1194_zpscd706d97.jpg

tact switches! seems like the start/l/r/z ones? yeah, i bought 4 of these and an extra PCB board from my local electronic store to use for the ABYX :)

i'll mount these on my case, epoxy + tape and the place the gc board on then using a plastic foam spacer to hold everything in place :)

the C-stick fixed, just turned the controller the other way, works fine now :)

took out the button holder, don't need it anymore.

Pic soon.

the Control stick i took a ps2 analog to my local store and had the man fix it using the analog diagram *since i had attempted this some time go and no success :( luckily he did and it works great now :), i wired it to my gc controller board pins and tested it on various configs using crocodile clips, finally found the right pins and now it works perfectly great :) also i can use an Xbox 360 numb on it if i want :)

IMG_1196_zpsa846e871.jpg

an updated pic of my GCP as of today:

IMG_1195_zps1002e44d.jpg

more coming soon..

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part II)

Make sure you use rubber topped tact switches. It's pretty much the same as pressing a button on a normal controller.

Back