CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (21/1/13)

ok then your batteries are not 0.00v there 6.8v but there been cut off by the pcb

thecasperrojas said:
ok then your batteries are not 0.00v there 6.8v but there been cut off by the pcb

hmm :confused: i guess so.
but when i measured the voltage of the pack on 20th, i got 0.00v reading, also my gc shut off at one point when using the pack and didn't turn on after that: meaning my pack had run out of power, hence 0.00v, right?

also i recharged the pack yesterday (not to full voltage) and got it back to 7.66v.

i'll recharge it to full power today. then battery life test (proper) this time.

also, my pack has two PCB's in it. (one for each 2500mah pack).

so, it won't/can't i assume if you have a pcb on it come to any possible harm or such? right? no pcb then you need to be real worried.

thanx for your concern on my pack, casper :)
i really appreciate it :awesome:

No the protection circuit on a lithium pcb won't let it discharge less than 3.25v per cell.

hailrazer said:
No the protection circuit on a lithium pcb won't let it discharge less than 3.25v per cell.

So, what does that mean?

hey means that then pcb locks the current flow so the batterie doesend really go down to 0.00v it goes to 3.25v per batterie cells so your batteries pack its close to 6.5v to 6.8v when dischager and also pcb prevents the batteriez from over chagering or over dischaerging

thecasperrojas said:
hey means that then pcb locks the current flow so the batterie doesend really go down to 0.00v it goes to 3.25v per batterie cells so your batteries pack its close to 6.5v to 6.8v when dischager and also pcb prevents the batteriez from over chagering or over dischaerging

yep, got to love that PCB circuit, eh?
im glad my pack is A okay :awesome:

more soon...

26/1/13

casework :awesome:

i glued on, if you can say glued on, the case the AV port thing for support on the external out port thing:

IMG_0976.jpg

i used supergule at first, it doesn't seem to work very well with the case's surface, which sucks a bit, but i used wonder tae (PVC) to secure down the port) i'll add epoxy later on top of the tape to secure it.

same for the power port, i cut the controller board shell hole and taped it for the power on/off switch to support it.

IMG_0977.jpg

the insides of both parts i worked on:

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

i also idi the proper battery life test on the pack (5000ma), ran it until the pack ran out of power, used my iPod touch stopwatch and got a battery life of 01h 24min.

not bad, :mrgreen:
could have been worse, like 40 mins or something crazy :wtf:
just need to figure out now how to get to 2hours or 2h 50mins or maybe 3h?. :confused:

i have found some li ion canon packs on amazon uk, so i'll look into that for another pack.

more soon.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (26/1/13)

thecasperrojas said:
man i love you so much that i would love to remake that case :cool:

remake the case for one of your portables?
the case was bugman's design and such, i just bought it from him and remade it to fit my style and such.
give him credit for the case.

i just took what he made and modified it to my own needs.

thanx so much for all the support and help on my portable project, casper :mrgreen:

no man i mean send it to me and i remake it :lol: asen fix the case and make it look sexy agian

thecasperrojas said:
no man i mean send it to me and i remake it :lol: asen fix the case and make it look sexy agian

Ah, I see thanx for the help man, but I'm happy with my case as it is.
I'm keeping the portable for myself as it is my very first one and I don't mind how it looks just that it works like before, but cooler now.

31/1/13

I'm not feeling so great today :(.

anyways,

look at what i received in the mail today:

IMG_0985.jpg

A 7.4v Li ion pack of 7800mAh from amazon uk i ordered recently. it was supposed to arrive Feb 1 - 8, but amazon uk shipping is very fast, i guess :p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003CYWMGG/r ... 51_3p_dp_1

it's actually from the description on amazon uk 7.4v at 7500 mAh, but i got it at 7.4v 7800 mAh.

Specs:

7.4v @ 7800 mAh/57.7 wh
the more mAh the better i guess.

height size:

IMG_0987.jpg

bigger than the combined 5000 mAh pack, but not more heavy :)

IMG_0989.jpg

so, yeah this 7.4v pack has alot more mAh and should give more playtime than the 5000 mAh pack (01h 24min). :mrgreen:

more soon.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (31/1/13)

6/2/13

new fan, smaller than the 80mm one to save space :)
this one is 50mm.

IMG_0991_zps63620a67.jpg

it runs on 12v 0.16A :mrgreen:

comparison to 80mm fan (Old one)

IMG_0992_zps4083a03f.jpg

height comparison:

IMG_0993_zpsde34ceb2.jpg

i did this cause the old fan might seem good and all, but is knida big, and I'm worried it my cause issues when fitting it in the case :confused:

this one performs the same way as the 80mm fan but is just alot smaller in size.

im working on getting the 7800 mAh pack to work, more on that soon.

thinking of which speaker to use for the tchay audio amp (DS Lite/GBA/Yinlips one)???
will do a test on each speaker and pick the best working one of the three.

more soon.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (6/2/13)

thecasperrojas said:
WHY NOT FINISH :cry:

because i have to test the new pack 7800mAh,
get a compatible charger for it, so i can stick wires to it.
then charge the pack and test it.
also working on finding out which speaker of the three i listed above will work out fine (needs testing).

and add the new fan i got (smaller in size, same performance = save space in case and easy installation).

other than this, that is all to finishing up it. then after these things are done, i can start epoxying stuff in case, slowly, slowly.

thecasperrojas said:
oh ok man just HURRY MAN CUZ I WANT TO SEE

no worries, man.
i'll have it finished sometime. but sometime for sure.
slowly slowly is better imo to not make mistakes etc.

the end result will rock the house :)

thanx for your support, casper :)
stay tuned for more,

8/2/13

hay guys, sup?

i ordered the charger i need for the canon XM1 pack (7800mAh) from amazon uk, i hope to receive it soon, so i can use the part it has for attaching the pack to wires etc.

i emailed bac from bacland on if i can mod the 7800mAh via his guide, i could, but since this is a much stronger mAh pack containing more cells than two, i don't want to know what may happen if i open it up.

anyways.

yesterday, i made a rough design of my portable's sides on paper at college and then got an program for mac called Inkspace and made my diagrams for my portable with labels.

a little something for you guys to see meanwhile i finish working on the portable. *coming soon:

Backsidelidview_zps8dd3d398.png

Downsideview_zps745f49d5.png

Leftsideview_zpsc8f3adb2.png

Topsideview_zps89ab90d1.png
Frontsideview_zpsb375b6c5.png

so, yeah. the case looks like the diagrams,

more on the portable soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (8/2/13)

9/2/13

ultimate audio amp?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XMI-X-mini-Caps ... 371&sr=8-4

i found at a local store for 10.00 euroes, an speaker that contains an volume numb, an audio jack (headphones/earphones works fine when plugeed in etc)

it contains both an volume numb and a headphone/earphone jack built in :)

and an stereo speaker, perfect :mrgreen:
this'll work well with the gc.

info:

Net Weight: 57.4g

Speaker: Magnetically Shielded 36mm (4Ω) Loudspeaker

Output: 2W

Frequency Response: 120 Hz ~ 20 kHz

Signal-to-Noise:≥89 db Distortion: ≥0.3%

Playback Time: Up to 6 hours Battery Voltage / Capacity: 220mAh

Battery Charging Voltage:5V

Battery Charge Time: Minimum of 2 hours

so, all i need to do, is just extend the volume numb and audio parts so i can adjust them to where i want to place them in my case.

should be easy to do, as the speaker is small in size.

more soon.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (9/2/13)

15/2/13

today i did a test of my two epoxies i have:
Pattex and Bison.

Specs:

Pattex

+ waterproof
+ 5min
+ 130kg/cm2
+ transparent

Bison

+ waterproof
+ 5min
+ 100kg/cm2
+ transparent
+ -40C/+70C

IMG_1014_zps3086cd4d.jpg

and i used the plastic board to test epoxies with labels, Epoxy A/Epoxy B.

IMG_1015_zpsafefcf5c.jpg

Method:

First, i took epoxy A, opened the top and squeezed a bit of both components on the black plastic board. mixed together with a plastic knife for 5mins.

same method for epoxy B. then when it dryer, i then tryed to move it with the knife to see if it still moves or is solid.

Results of both epoxies:

Screenshot_8_7_13_8_22_PM_zps010be740.jpg

IMG_1016_zpsd8312ed7.jpg

so, the patted epoxy seems to be the better one, as it mixes fast and dries fast. but the bison may mix fast, but the drying time takes a little longer to dry than patted one.

both are good in any case :p

more soon..

Back