CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/1/13)

thecasperrojas said:
:rolleyes: dude do you need any help man

um, i think i might need some help with case mounting tips and stuff. but other than that, im good. thanx casper :)

Noah said:
Not to put you down or anything man, but are you seriously going to put a GameCube in that? It's horrific.

noah, as a fellow gc enthusiast, i respect your comment and thanx for providing your option, but here are my reasons why i don't consider this case hoffric:

yep, i'll do it. an GC inside an N64 case as Bugman told me it originally was meant for, but he said also it is possible to fit a GC inside the case.

plus,im not going to be selling this portable to anyone as it is my first one i'm making solely for myself. that has been my overall gaol and mission/quest i set off to conquer in summer of 10.

so i don't really mind how the case looks, i care about the portable ACTUALLY providing it's function, working properly like it does before it's modded.

but it looks like that cause i needed lots of holes for certain functions to be placed in said places for practical reasons, like the On/off switch for the wallpower/battery from the Charge n play part, the wiikey eject switch,, player two port, charger jack, wallower jack, multiswitch, etc.

i hope you look foward to the portable when i finish it and add it to the finished projects section :)
and i wish you good luck on yours too :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/1/13)

4/1/13

Battery pack charging & DCV reading.

Last night i went to try and recharge the battery pack (5000mah) combined pack of 2 x 2500mah's together in parallel at 7.4v. using the charger that i received with my batteries and used the Charge n Play part.

IMG_0939.jpg

and when i turned on the power on the multi switch thing i have, i got a green light for the charger, meaning full power.

IMG_0940.jpg

cool, but strange since i never recharged it once when i received the battery packs.
but who cares, it's got full power that's what matters :)

then after confirming that my pack was charged etc, i deiced to double check using a multimeter and get it's DCV (Volt) reading to see it's full power volt state (so i know for future referring, not really but who cares anyhow)

IMG_0941.jpg

and got a reading of 7.67-66.

IMG_0942.jpg

which is great :awesome:

battery testing = done

next is screen/system testing with it.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (4/1/13)

man if you need a case i have a spare one man it looks exsacly as my fisrt potable but the ABYX and DPAD are slyli smaller just letting you know

thecasperrojas said:
man if you need a case i have a spare one man it looks exactly as my first portable but the ABYX and DPAD are slightly smaller just letting you know

yeah, thanx for the head up help on this one, casperrojas :cool:

if I'm having case trouble or anything related to my case, i'll be sure to let you know ASAP.

thanx for helping me out once again, mate

I really appreciate it alot :lol:

keep the spare case just in case i may need a new case if something may or may not happen to my current case.
if, cause i'll be extra careful with it and making sure not to break or ruin it. but it's good to know you have a backup case just in case of an emergency ;)

more soon on cubefusionPAL project...

stay tuned for more man

Gamerlolwind said:
thecasperrojas said:
man if you need a case i have a spare one man it looks exactly as my first portable but the ABYX and DPAD are slightly smaller just letting you know

yeah, thanx for the head up help on this one, casperrojas :cool:

if I'm having case trouble or anything related to my case, i'll be sure to let you know ASAP.

thanx for helping me out once again, mate

I really appreciate it alot :lol:

keep the spare case just in case i may need a new case if something may or may not happen to my current case.
if, cause i'll be extra careful with it and making sure not to break or ruin it. but it's good to know you have a backup case just in case of an emergency ;)

more soon on cubefusionPAL project...

stay tuned for more man
oh and manit aready have every hole made for it so you would be good

7/1/13

update for charger.

i had ordered from amazon com a better charger to use for recharging my 7.4v @ 5000mah battery pack.
it arrived today, didn't expect it so soon, the estimate date range was different.

IMG_0943.jpg

it has an current rate of 1000mah, more than the batteries charger which is 600mah.

so, i removed the clips it had and added my own plug from an ebay lcd screen for using in my portable:

IMG_0944.jpg

easy stuff, just used the european terminals, strip two wires, + to +, - to -. also swapped out the US wall plug for a european one. done.

IMG_0945.jpg

so, now my recharging rate should decrease alot or significantly by alot.

specs:

Compact Battery Charger Set for Sony NP-FM500H:

100V~240V input
8.4v Output
600mA

TLP-4000 Universal 1A Charger for Li-Ion Li-Poly Batteries 3.7V - 14.8V:

4.2V - 16.8 Output
100V - 240V Input
1000mA
Universal Charger

that's all for now. more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (7/1/13)

8/1/13

screen test with battery pack:

At first i plugged in the pack and flipped the ON switch and got no response from screen, but then i saw that the wires going for the battery from the Charge N Play part had solder on them (thus preventing the current from the battery pack to pass to the screen etc).

so, i removed the solder and then put the wires back and..

it worked :awesome:

both screens i tried the pack on worked fine (4.3 and 3.5)

IMG_0946_zps007e5da5.jpg

screen (4.3) running off an 7.4v at 5000mah pack:

IMG_0947_zps1f86caf4.jpg

screen running from battery pack = Done :awesome:

this is fantastic ;)

next is overall system (GC with everything + screen) test with battery pack

almost there, not long to go now

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (8/1/13)

Why does the metal around the screen look really bent?

bugman said:
Why does the metal around the screen look really bent?

um, that's why cause when i tryed to remove the screen's shell off, it got stuck and knida hard to get off without using a screwdriver and pillars to pull or bend to get out, i know it sort of sucks, but i couldn't get it out another way.

i hope it won't be a burden when i have to supergule and then epoxy the screen down in the case?.

10/1/13

update, no pics,
everything (excluding PS2 fan) works great on 7.4v. :mrgreen:

not sure why fan isn't working as well as it should on 7.4v,
on 12v it works fine.

?
strange why.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (11/1/13)

12/1/13

fixed fan issue :mrgreen:

it was am Volts issue, the fan needs these volts to run at full speed and keep spinning:

Gamerlolwind said:
thecasperrojas said:
man that fan is a slim model ps2 fan originaly the are 8.5v and the lowest volt they will work is 7.9v/quote]

i charged my pack using the TLP-4000 charger from battery space that i got,
it took only 4hours to fully charge the pack ( it uses a current of 1000mah) :mrgreen:

as opposed to the compact charger (the one the battery came with (uses 600mah, not very convenient :( )
-11/1/13

and it said the full power of the pack was 7.67.6v, but when i tested this on my gc, i got the fan issue :(.

-12/1/13

but recharging the pack using the TLP-4000 charger from battery space however gives the pack's full power as being: 8.36-5v :)
very different from the compact one, and guess what?

the fan actually runs fine and doesn't stop at this power and with speaker on etc which is fantastic news :mrgreen:

the fan didn't have the needed volts (7.9v lowest) to run at full speed.

video proving the point of fan working properly :

now, that my fan is fixed, i can run it off 12v (wallpower) and 7.4v (battery power) :)

excellent, my portable is nearly finished,

i just need to mount everything in place in the case, and get battery life test done

more soon....

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (12/1/13)

Mounting is the worst part, other than case work. I think you'll be able to manage, no problem though. :)

Noah said:
Mounting is the worst part, other than case work. I think you'll be able to manage, no problem though. :)

thanx, noah :) casework mounting is hard, the hardest/wrost part, but i can manage. i know where everything goes etc, just hope it ca reach where it should.

supergule first (a little) then epoxy (a little) for super secure down.

thecasperrojas said:
great now its mounthing time will like to see this

yeah, thanx for the support, casper :)
you've been a big help, man.

i'll do the mounting after i have found the battery life for my pack (5000mah)
, to do that i'll test the pack by playing any gc game or homebrew game etc for as long as the packs gives out juice, then when it shuts off i will know how long it lasts for. and at full power (8.36-5v accoriding to the TLP-4000 charger :mrgreen:).

16/1/13

i got a new fan from my local store:

http://www.plaisio.gr/ypologistes-anava ... 81BK-S.htm

it is DC12v at 0.14A. works fine on 12V and 7.4v :)

i got the battery volts after testing it out on the gc for sometime,:

7.51-0v.

so, my experiment shows that the ps2 fan is sensitive (very) to voltage level, if it is at 7.69v or above, the fan spins fine and everything, any lower like 7.51-0v or below 7.69v (minimum requirement to run ps2 fan at full speed), :(.

whereas the new fan, doesn't have this issue :mrgreen:
it can run fine on 7.4v battery at full speed and at any volt rate, Heck yeah :)

i connected the fan's wires to a spare gc stock fan wires:

Stock fan:

Gray: +
Black: -

New fan:

Red: +
Black: -
Yellow: N/A

i found out how to connect the wires to the fan with the Molerex connector form this youtuber's video:

Proof of my experiments and the statement that the new fan works out perfectly fine on a 7.4v pack at it's current volt rate:

this is great :) more soon.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (16/1/13)

19/1/13

i removed the ps2 fan from the gc using a screwdriver.
it was epoxyed, but underneath the fan it wasn't that much, reason why it could be removed by putting a screwdriver under it and pushing up. very easy to do, no harm done whatsoever :)

IMG_0963.jpg

and fan' specs:

IMG_0962.jpg

DC8.5v 0.36A (lowest voltage it can run on is 7.9v (thanx to casperrojas for this info :))

new fan: DC12v 0.14A (also works fine on 7.4v, where the ps2 fan does not as it is voltage sensitive)

the difference in A is 0.22A, which rocks :)

new fan i installed on the gc:

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

the old fan used only two wires: +/-, i wired up my new one to the two wires for the fan going to the custom reg.

demo video of fan working(wired up and etc):

fan works now, and audio amp doesn't cause it to shut off,

i'll be getting some DS lite speakers to use on my amp. the 2W speaker doesn't seem to work that great now, having some sound issues again : :evil2:

i hope to fix this issue with the ds speakers :)

more soon..

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (19/1/13)

20/1/13

Did some gameplay (a bit of Zelda TP and more Starfox Assult), to test battery life, but sadly didn't record the hours/mins. I forgot and was focused on gameplay :awesome:

Next test, I'll record the playtime of the pack :)

Also switched out the 2W speaker for the GBA speaker:

IMG_0970.jpg

It surprisingly works great,
for zelda TP sounds fine, but Starfox: Assault it sounds horrible for some reason?.
Removed the LED/Switch board from Tchay audio amp.

21/1/13

Battery pack finally ran out of power (reached 0.00v) in need of a full recharge for a proper Battery Life test.

Also received the DS Lite speakers from amazon uk:

IMG_0973.jpg

Need to test the speaker out.

Tired a new fan (120 mm) but it no works (don't really need it, it covers the entire GC board).

More soon...

Gamerlolwind said:
20/1/13

Did some gameplay (a bit of Zelda TP and more Starfox Assult), to test battery life, but sadly didn't record the hours/mins. I forgot and was focused on gameplay :awesome:

for zelda TP sounds fine, but Starfox: Assault it sounds horrible for some reason?.

21/1/13

Battery pack finally ran out of power (reached 0.00v) in need of a full recharge for a proper Battery Life test.

Tired a new fan (120 mm) but it no works (don't really need it, it covers the entire GC board).

More soon...
hey man be carefull with the battery pack its not sopost to reach 0.00v it only goes down to 6.9 one it reaches 6.8 its dead thats how it works so you may have killed your battery also does it have a pcb? then your good

thecasperrojas said:
Gamerlolwind said:
20/1/13

21/1/13

More soon...
hey man be carefull with the battery pack its not sopost to reach 0.00v it only goes down to 6.9 one it reaches 6.8 its dead thats how it works so you may have killed your battery also does it have a pcb? then your good

yes, the pack has two pcb's one for each 2500mah pack. seen it myself

Back