CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (29/9/12)

carlifirio said:
Does your screen work without any problems with 5v? :confused:

I haven't personally tried 5v on the screen myself but from what I have heard it does work fine.

But since I'll only be using 12v (wallpower) to power the screen and 7.4v to play from batteries,
Which both will work fine, I don't/won't really need to use 5v ever I think.

But thanx for asking the question anyways, dude :)

carlifirio said:
Cool man! :D your case is awesome BTW!

thanx dude :)

oh and the credit for the awesome case goes to bugman, he mad it and i bought it from him.
plus since i have bought it from him i have made some minor changes to it for my gamecube portable use.
and yeah, it's awesome :) :)

hay guys, new minor updates,

30/9/12

Cut out GC Wallpower on case.

IMG_0680.jpg

result

IMG_0686.jpg

And tested my screen again and found the "best" spot for it to be glided/placed on the case + marked the screen's area in case using marker pen.

IMG_0684.jpg

area to glue screen in case

IMG_0683.jpg

also i added The no soldering plugs to the GND/5v+ and the GND wires + added my custom adapter i made for the signal to L/R.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

this is very useful as i can join the bare wires for these points to the gamecube's A/V port and motherboard power area when i get my "modded" gc with wiikey installed back from the commission i've asked the master to help me out on this matter :) :).

1/10/12

i received today out of the lost blue, my other ebay lcd screen?

4.3 inch 16:9

IMG_0687.jpg

i haven't tested it yet, but I'm already fully accounted and comfortable with using the 3.5 inch as the case cut out fits it perfectly.

and this one has MENU + Plus + Minus buttons

but if i might/may use this one instead of the 3.5, i'll have to cut out part of the case i make this screen fit, which i may or not do, don't know or have any idea if 'll use this screen instead.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (1/10/12)

I have this screen and is awesome!!!

I don't know if better than 3.5" but is a good choice for portables.
And easy to wiring.

Believe me, consider to put the 4.3".

MoRZiLLo said:
I have this screen and is awesome!!!

I don't know if better than 3.5" but is a good choice for portables.
And easy to wiring.

Believe me, consider to put the 4.3".

thanx Morzillo :)

as i mentioned before:

"i haven't tested it yet, but I'm already fully accounted and comfortable with using the 3.5 inch as the case cut out fits it perfectly.

and this one has MENU + Plus + Minus buttons

but if i might/may use this one instead of the 3.5, i'll have to cut out part of the case i make this screen fit, which i may or not do, don't know or have any idea if 'll use this screen instead."

and also don't forget that the case is cut out for a 3.5 specifically so, if i end up using a 4.3 i have to cut on the case, seems like a test n miss.

i'll test the screen out using my slim psp like before and see.

the 3.5 is ready to go, the 4.3 isn't. if i don't test it i won't know if it's the better choice than the 3.5.

Not a huge difference between those screens...

The screen is not the totally, only few inches, the other don't use.

I can't explain better, but if you glue the screen without cutting much the case, you have similar space than 3.5"
I'll try to upload a pic for you later... fot better understanding my idea.

EDIT: Not the better pic, but .... xD

screens.png

MoRZiLLo said:

I can't explain better, but if you glue the screen without cutting much the case, you have similar space than 3.5"

Thanx for the useful info, Morzillo :)
I think I understand what you're telling me,
I have tested the screen and it's better than the 3.5 :)
And easier to disassemble :) no hot glue or anything :) plus smaller without the case so easier to fit into portable case :)

But, I have to desolder & resolder the three tacile switches for Menu/+/- :( with wires.
Yeah, it doesn't look so hard to do manually, but okay I'll try myself to do it.

I have taken a video and pics of 4::3: screen. I'll up them soon after I have successfully (I hope)
Reallocated the screen's switches??

Gamerlolwind said:
MoRZiLLo said:

Thanx for the useful info, Morzillo :)
I think I understand what you're telling me,
I have tested the screen and it's better than the 3.5 :)
And easier to disassemble :) no hot glue or anything :) plus smaller without the case so easier to fit into portable case :)

But, I have to desolder & resolder the three tacile switches for Menu/+/- :( with wires.
Yeah, it doesn't look so hard to do manually, but okay I'll try myself to do it.

I have taken a video and pics of 4::3: screen. I'll up them soon after I have successfully (I hope)
Reallocated the screen's switches??
I usually dont desolder them. I just take scissors and cut the top of the switch off. I can still press the button, but it is less tall. You dont have to relocate the switches if you dont want to. Set the settings of the screen before you close the portable up and you won't have to change them. I find i never have to change the default settings of the screen anyway. I noticed that the brightness adjustment on ebay screens doesnt make it brighter, it makes it more washed out.

I usually dont desolder them. I just take scissors and cut the top of the switch off. I can still press the button, but it is less tall. You dont have to relocate the switches if you dont want to. Set the settings of the screen before you close the portable up and you won't have to change them. I find i never have to change the default settings of the screen anyway. I noticed that the brightness adjustment on ebay screens doesnt make it brighter, it makes it more washed out.

haha, thanx bugman :)
a very nice, useful tip right here :)

and i was just ready to solder wires and such to the switches, when i saw your post, thanx for the heads up tip :)
that's great that i don't have to do this :)
i'll reset the screen's setting to default and keep it like that, thanx :)

the scissors trick for the buttons on the taclie switches i had no idea about that, awesome :)
i'll give it a go on mine :) thanx Bugman :)

:confused: Hmm Good idea but.. what if you had to adjust the brightness in a brighter or darker room for example?? Any ways if you relocate the buttons it would be better to cut them also :D

new screen updates :) :)

2 + 3/10/12

so, having received my other ebay screen i ordered on ebay, 4.3 inch 16:9.

i have deiced after testing it in the sameish way like my 3.5, to use this one instead of the 3.5.

Screen disassembled (very easy, just four screws, no hotgule or anything, unlke the 3.5 screen)
which is very nice, may i add :)

IMG_0689.jpg

screen opened and fit testing for proper placement in case

IMG_0690.jpg

and screen's plastic test to find out what area of case's screen area to cut out to properly fit screen.

IMG_0691.jpg

screen fully disassembled and size difference :) :) it's so small :) :) perfect for my needs :)

IMG_0693.jpg

cuttable area for fitting the new screen in case (black lines).

IMG_0694.jpg

i'll cut out this screen area using this DANGEROUS cutting tool (with careful care of course) :)

51G2AZ3JK2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

that's all for now, more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/10/12)

hay guys,
new update, minor.

4/10/12

this was from last night, which was midnight so 4/10. i mean past 00.00pm :p
anyways :p

correct positioning of 4.3 screen to know for gluing down when it's time to close up the case with everything fitted in (properly).

IMG_0695.jpg

cut out of new screen area using the metal dermal tool from above. it was easy, the tool cut through the plastic in one cut :p sweet.

IMG_0696.jpg

placement of 3.5 screen (the cut i did for 4.3 screen also works for 3.5 (if needed as backup)

IMG_0697.jpg

3.5 screen test in new cut out screen case and current case front looks. (i'll repaint with a spray paint of purple (just the front side and sides after i finish cutting out the holes for L/R and Y/X buttons on case)

IMG_0698.jpg

other than this, that's this update.

more when i get my gc purple controller forL/R/Y/X buttons and much more

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (4/10/12)

18/10/12

hay guys, i received yesterday my second gc controller i ordered from amazon uk to use for the Y/X buttons and D-pad/C-stick shells for stabilty in case :).

parts i'll use from controller shell

P1010748-1.jpg

awesome. once i do this, i'll spray paint the case with a High gloss Blue lilac, (it's purple, but smells like flowers)

that's all for 18th.

19/10/12

HISTORY!

well, why you say?

i received my commissioned modded gc from Ashen, whom i had sent my stuff to him to mod for me, as i cannot do such stuff successfully,

list of my gc's features (credit goes to Ashen for the awesome modding):

1) Wiikey fusion wired to GC
2) Bottom Ports Removed (space saver!!!)
3) Slot A removed/ Slot B extended with wires :)
4) Memory card 1 (1028 blocks with some of my saves) wired to Slot A.
5) trimmed gc motherboard, Minimalist GC cut (huge space saver!!!)
6) extended controller port 2
7) Cut/Modded controller for Player 1.
8) SDPT switch for the gc disk lid switch for Multi Disk games
9) Added an Eject switch type needed for wiikey fusion.
10) Replaced Original powerboard with a custom regulator of 7.4v and wired to system's Heatsink
11) Replaced stock GC fan with a PS2 fan & wired it's cables to system.
12) Added wires for Shockslayer LM368 Audio amp (GND/+5v/L audio/R audio) for easy wiring to the amp.
13) Kept AV's Yellow plug for connecting to screen's yellow plug for video.
14) extended the Output port for external (out) for AV or RGB to TV.
15) Replaced GC control stick with the control stick of the super pad 64
16) used Digital tact switch mod for L/R buttons
17) Added Gamecube Bios battery holder for easy +3v Lithium battery input.

which he did a FANTASTIC job, may i say :)

im SO happy, my portable is like to 95% now.

video to today's event:

Thank You video for Ashen for GC commission:

Gamerlolwind said:
18/10/12 i'll spray paint the case with a High gloss Blue lilac, (it's purple, but smells like flowers)

So it's like spraypaint and air freshener mixed? How do I not own this?!

Lookin' pretty good, by the way.

Buttcheeks McGee said:
Gamerlolwind said:
18/10/12 i'll spray paint the case with a High gloss Blue lilac, (it's purple, but smells like flowers)

So it's like spraypaint and air freshener mixed? How do I not own this?!

Lookin' pretty good, by the way.

yeah, it's like a mixture of both, lol.

thanx Buttcheeks McGee :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (19/10/12)

20/10/12

Mini update for today.

did a test for the audio amp, having a screechy sound issue. I'm talking with SS about how to fix it etc as he knows what to do.

also, craved out the D-pad/C-stick/Y and X controller shell parts.

it was a real pain as the plastic for these controllers (generally all controllers) are ABS plastic which is hard as flax to cut :(.

IMG_0711.jpg

i used a set of Pillers, pullers, grabs and a dermel with a disk bit to drill out the parts i need,

and after i got the parts i needed i sanded + filed them using a sanding block and many different files to get the cut edges nice and smooth.

it was a pain to do, but it's done now, so whatever :neutral2:

21/10/12

gameplay video one:

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (20/10/12)

22/10/12

not really an update, but more of a show of the current state of my portable:

IMG_0719.jpg

next task will be to remove the super pad 64 control stick and replace with the Gc control stick.

i'll just resolder the wires ashen made to the superpad control stick back to the corresponding ones on the GC via this Analog wiring diagram: (credit to ashen for the diagram)

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/ ... owto-1.jpg

and make some more gameplay videos too.

im waiting for SS's Charge n Play part to arrive to hook up to my gc and desolder the GC power ON/OFF switch,

the gc RGB cable i ordered from amazon uk,

and the 2 x 7.4v 2500 mah pack with charger from ebay which i'll make into a 7.4v 5000mah pack i need for my portable needs via Bacteria's Li ion camcorder battery guide.

more soon....

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (22/10/12)

23/10/12

new update,
i received today in the mail SS's Charge N play wiring part i commissioned him to help me out with :)
it's awesome :)

IMG_0729.jpg

haven't tested it yet, but will soon.
this is awesome. thank you SS

my portable is now at 98%,
i just need to receive the battery pack with charger from ebay i ordered and wire it up + charge/test.
(hardest part.

more soon..

Back