CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (25/11/12)

hay everbody,
new updates finally after a while:

6/12/12

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10878

a lot of four gc's i got for using one of their "power switch boards" for replacement of my broken one for cubefuisonPAL.

7/12/12

IMG_0888.jpg

I used one of the power switch board from the broken silver GC (1) and tested my CubeFusionPAL unit out and...

IMG_0886.jpg

GC turns on and works fine :) yay.

I was right, the GC isn't burnt out or anything, it's the power switch that wasn't transferring the power over to the GC/screen. :)

Fantastic :) the ebay lot helped lot. Plus I get three backup gc's.

back in business :)

also i got back the fixed? LM386 amp from the man at the electronic store, who i paid 10 euros to fix.

IMG_0874.jpg

but it doesn't give good sound, and has no headphone jack as he told me that the headphone jack would burn the amp? WTF why?

anywise, i got at least the amp back, so i can use it for parts for building myself The
Tchay audio amp that SS made via a neat guide he wrote up.

IMG_0878.jpg

and got the "solderable PC breadboard" things i wanted for adding components etc. which i didn't know the electronic store had :p

IMG_0876.jpg

8/12/12

um, im trying to add the compoents needed for building the tchay amp to a breadboard like so:

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (8/12/12)

new update. no pics today im afraid.

13/12/12

i took my semi finished tchay audio amp i put together last night for 2 whole hrs. it knida worked when i connected the LM386 speaker (0.1W) as opposed to the Dynex's Defalut amp (3W).

but after adding in the volume numb and headphone jack, i got a tick, tick sound. anyways, i took my amp to the electronic store to finish it/fix it and also my battery pack to mod (2 x 2500 mah each = 5000mah) with the wires i put together (pics of this in previous pages of the work log).

so, two commissions, tchay amp finish/fix and battery hook up mod will be done by the electroinc store man there :).

excited. when i get them back, i'll post pics here.

I'm still trying to solve my gc cut control stick problem.
thread of my help question here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10815

i really need dire help on this part, it's been killing me for ages :(. more than the amp or batteries.

if any one can help me out, thanx :)

im also figuring out my total Amps draw for battery life calculations, thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10930

im getting really positive, helpful feedback, more than the control stick issue

Thanx :)

im also doing more casework (bondo parts needing repair or patching (thanx for the tip, superben!!), drill any holes/vents for airflow or controller parts to fit etc).

pics

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (13/12/12)

18/12/12

Hay guys, new and very exciting updates today :)

i got back my Tchay audio amp finished and fully working and the 7.4v 5000 mah battery pack mod from the electronic store that i had asked the man there to fix/mod :)

Tchay audio amp (with headphone jack fully working):

IMG_0891.jpg

back of audio amp with headphone jack:

IMG_0894.jpg

and battery pack (7.4v 5000mah):

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

he also told me that if i want to tell how charged the battery is, just use a multimeter and if it reads:

Full: 7.4v
Empty: 5v-4v (about)

and recommended me to keep the battery charged cause if i let it completely empty it would need 30hours to recharge fully.

this may depend on the battery charger im using:

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

by alot as the stock charger for the batteries gives:

600mah output,

likewise using the TLP-4000 1A universal charger may help decrease the recharge time by alot as Zeldaxpro told me about :lol: :mrgreen:

TLP-4000 Universal 1A Charger for Li-Ion Li-Poly Batteries 3.7V - 14.8V:

http://www.amazon.com/TLP-4000-Universa ... 7V+-+14.8V

video to recap everything today:

exciting stuff is coming up :cool:

bondoing the case up next...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (18/12/12)

nice work man hey sorry i havend been able t help on the c stick and man luck on this i see lots of potentio

thecasperrojas said:
nice work man hey sorry i haven't been able to help on the c stick and man goodluck on this portable i see lots of potential

fixed.
thanx for the support, casperrojas :)

it's great to see enthusiasm for this portable :)
i can't wait to see it finished :)

my finished thread for this will be EPIC. :awesome:
i plan something extra special for this portable's presentation :cool: :lol:

more on this portable very soon...

cool pleace post me a link in fb when finish and also how much before you finish? cuz everything seem about done

thecasperrojas said:
cool pleace post me a link in fb when finish and also how much before you finish? cuz everything seem about done

Noely rojas? i have you on my friends list :)

i don't think there's alot to doing order to completely finish up the portable, here's my to do list i made for myself as a checkpoint:

ListofremainingstufftodocubefusionPAL.jpg

also, the speed in which i do things depends on the day, etc. and on the difficulty of the task at hand.

like the gc control stick rewire has taken me literally +10days and more cause it's so frincking hard to get it to work properly.

it needs more work until it can be deemed complete.
not long now, but more ways to go yet!

wow net and also its noly rojas hahaha and if need any help let me now tru fb

19/12/12

new updates, knida

i used a bit of Bondo with hardener to fill in cracks etc. it was okay-ish, didn't particularly like it or enjoy using Bondo :(.

IMG_0897.jpg

but, after i got some Bondo showings, i cover them up with one layer of the high gloss spray paint, so it's like covering the smudges etc :) which i find perfect :mrgreen:

great spray paint indeed :)

IMG_0899.jpg

you can still see Bondo markings, but due to the spray paint's color it doesn't look as bad as before :).

i'll apply 2 more layers after i do more work (if need be) sometimes it may not be as nessary to.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (19/12/12)

25/12/12

Merry christmas, everyone :)

new updates, finally after a while!

first i did the drilling out of four holes needed for placing screws in a barrier made of Plexiglass to put inbetween the screen and gc.

IMG_0906.jpg

and then placing the screws in place:

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

next i drilled the hole for the GC Power switch board button, made the headphone jack/charge jack holes a bit bigger, also made a bit bigger the hole for the volume numb to fit through:

IMG_0912.jpg

also made the L hole bigger for the tact switch to fit through:

IMG_0915.jpg

same for R/Z:

IMG_0918.jpg

so, that's all for now, more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (25/12/12)

26/12/12

i stripped the leads from the battery pack (5000mah) needed for charging/getting voltage etc.

and wrapped the +/- wires using PVC (electrical tape) to prevent shorts to the battery :).

IMG_0922.jpg

was easy to do, now for recharging it to full power.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (26/12/12)

27/12/12

i stripped the wires of the +4.5v/GND and L/R/GND for hooking them up to my gc's GND/+5V/L/R

IMG_0923.jpg

easy and ready to install :)

28/12/12

hooked up the tchay audio amp to gc:

IMG_0924.jpg

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (28/12/12)

29/12/12

just changed the screws the case had with better ones from my collection of screws in my screw graveyard :mrgreen:

30/12/12

Drilled remaining holes for the speaker:

IMG_0926.jpg

my dermel is kinda broken, so i had to use a small bit, never mind i got it to work just as long to drill the holes.

made labels for the wires connecting pins 1/2/3/4 for the GC Control stick fix:

IMG_0930.jpg

the white things are european terminals that help to jon wire together and allow current to pass through without the need to solder wires together :mrgreen:

i had an issue with the amp, the speaker had low sound, you could barely hear it over the fan even at max volume, in headphone mode it was louder than speaker mode.

turns out the speaker (radioshack 0.1W 8ohms) was broken, so i replaced it with a 2W speaker and fixed the low sound issue :) and the european terminals i added can allow of easy installation of any speaker (if need to change) like let's say GBA one for ex.

IMG_0933.jpg

the soldering work, i did was very fast and easy, just soldered the wires to the speaker and it only took a minute to do :awesome: :mrgreen:

the 2W speaker N/A Ohm:

IMG_0934.jpg

link to speaker:

http://www.plaisio.gr/Sound-Vision/Port ... -1008R.htm

sweet :) im so glad the amp is fixed now, now for fixing the gc control stick issue :)

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (30/12/12)

1/1/13

Happy new year everyone :)

i fixed my infamous control stick issue i had for a long time now :)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11045&p=142537#p142537

used a gc C-stick in the control stick's place, works perfectly now via my method (2) wiring.

SO happy it works fine now, this issue has been bugging me for the last 3 months or so.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (1/1/13)

man that alot f work done almost finish andman take it easy on the case man it may break and we dont want that

thecasperrojas said:
man that alot f work done almost finish andman take it easy on the case man it may break and we dont want that

thanx thecasperrojas :)
it is almost finished :) just a few more bits left to do.

and i finally fixed the control stick issue :) works perfectly now.

and yeah, i'll make sure to take it easy on the case, but no worries, since i have finished all my casework that i had to do on it, so no more need to drill holes or anything of that sort :mrgreen:

just need to respray the case a final time all around (X 3). as a last coating then it'll be finished and fully ready to begin installation of components as soon as i test/charge battery and test run on screen/system :)

thanx for your support towards my project, capser :)

more soon....

3/1/13

final casework spraying!! (X2)

i resprayed the case with two last layers, not three like i had originally planned.

but it looks fantastic :mrgreen:

IMG_0938_zpse2d461b9.jpg

so, now casework is 100% complete, just need to work on the battery pack now.

more very soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/1/13)

Not to put you down or anything man, but are you seriously going to put a GameCube in that? It's horrific.

Back