CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (23/10/12)

Yirq said:
Really Awesome (want to make a portable 2 :mrgreen:) but for now i've to wait :(

I dont have any instructions to make a GCp :p so I can't make it for now :(

even though, very nice portable

thanx, Yirq

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (23/10/12)

25/10/12

Recived RGB cable in the mail today from amazon uk order.

IMG_0739.jpg

Will test once CubeFusionPAL is fully finished.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (25/10/12)

29/10/12

Case work!

Drilled out the holes for the L/R/Z/Y/X and the On/Off switch + cleaned the hole sides using various files.

L button:

IMG_0752.jpg

R and Z buttons:

IMG_0750.jpg

Y and X buttons:

IMG_0747.jpg

On/Off switch:

IMG_0745.jpg

Now with all the holes needed for buttons etc done, I can re-spray the case with High Gloss Lilac purple spray paint :).

Spray paint:

IMG_0755.jpg

features of can:

IMG_0757.jpg

Many layers (2-3).

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (29/10/12)

30/10/12

Recived luberty5 package today in the post office via pickup myself,
Wavebird + reciver for external player 2 fun :)

IMG_0753.jpg

Yeah, this is super tasty, batman logo rocks :)
Thanx so much man :)

Respraying case tonight.

Done.

Did 2 to 3 layers. Came out brighter than before.

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Looks awesome and shiny :). love it :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (30/10/12)

1/11/12

my battery pack i ordered from ebay finally arrived today :)

IMG_0763.jpg

both packs are 7.4v at 2500mah,
so when i join them together via parallel i'll get 5000mah :)

charger:

IMG_0765.jpg

oh yeah, now i have all my materials need for the portable 100%,
now i just need to mod the battery pack together and then assemble everything together.

more very soon :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (1/11/12)

2/3/4/5 /11/12

for a couple of days now i have been trying to get the analog stick to work on my cut gc controller, but no dice :(.

i have soldered the points on the analog diagram ashen gave me many times as shown but no dice.

it's giving me a real headache :(. i have asked a friend to help me out on this, i hope he can, better than me for sure.

and the LM386 amp is giving me headphone sound issues, another bumper. i have made a thread on this issue asking for help in the GC/Wii section. Hope someone can help me out.

and lastly some good news,

i got some power wires needed for the wiring of the battery pack:

IMG_0780.jpg

and i'll wire them up to my battery packs via my own diagram:

BattterywiringDiagramforCubeFusionPAL.jpg

it'll be like so (example run):

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

this will be soon some time.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (5/11/12)

I don't know what your current plans are, but you should touch that case up a little bit.

Noah said:
I don't know what your current plans are, but you should touch that case up a little bit.

Sounds like a great idea, but touch up the case how?

More layers of spray paint?

You could sand out the button holes so they aren't so jagged and take the electrical tape off and repaint. Also, you could grab some bondo and make the holes more fitting for the buttons.

Took the words out of my mouth.

superben51 said:
You could sand out the button holes so they aren't so jagged and take the electrical tape off and repaint. Also, you could grab some bondo and make the holes more fitting for the buttons.

The L/R/Z button holes?
I have sanded and smoothed them,
Or the Y/X?
I have smoothed them too with Files.

Also the PVC tape I have added to parts because I accidentally cut lines there and it looks horrible like that, so I covered them up up PVC tape so they don't show, plus it looks horrible with them exposed, trust me.

Also, more respray? 2-3 layers more needed?
I'm thinking about it.

The c stick area needs a little smoothing/filing.

Trust me on this one. Bondo is your best friend. Use it to fill in the lines. Also, if you have done any more work on the case since the last picture, then post it and we can work from there, but in the latest pictures the L/R/X/Y/Z, etc holes still need some work.

superben51 said:
Trust me on this one. Bondo is your best friend. Use it to fill in the lines. Also, if you have done any more work on the case since the last picture, then post it and we can work from there, but in the latest pictures the L/R/X/Y/Z, etc holes still need some work.

Okay, sure bondo
Never used it before, just saw I video on how to use it ect.

The lines I accidentally made are quite thin, I wonder if the bondo can fit in these?

Also what kind of bondo should I use? And can it become very messy?

Also I checked with my cut controller the tact switches to see if they fit through my L/R/Z holes I made.

R tact switch fits in just fine, Z and L need a little more work to get them to fit through.

Y and X are okay, just may need some bondo.
And thanx for the useful tips, guys :)

And no I haven't made any new updates to the case yet, but when I do, I'll post them here.

I'm at the moment trying to fix the issues with my LM386 amp and GC control stick rewiring.

Hay guys, some small updates.

10/11/12

I PVC taped the memory card built in slot A to secure it and prevent shorts :)

IMG_0796.jpg

Also working on fixing the LM386 amp issue, if I can't get it fixed, I'll buy the materials needed + amp for the Tchay audio amp using SS's wonderful and very helpful guide. "If" I can't get the LM386 fixed.

I'll resolder the wires for the GC control stick to the super's n64 controller using the diagram ashen gave me. Hopefully this time (5th or so) I'll get the stick to work and function properly :)

And I did some work on getting the barrier part inbetween the screen and GC ready (from a small plexiglass cut out) sanded the edges to make them smooth and such.
I'll drill four holes on it for screws to place later.

IMG_0795.jpg

Need to do battery mod wiring/soldering etc.

And more case work (bondo some parts and make the L/Z areas bigger to fit the tacts through).

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (10/11/12)

13/11/12

Hay guys, i went to a electronic store in my area that has stuff specific to soldering etc and got these things for the "Tchay" audio amp:

100K Poteometer for volume nub:

IMG_0793.jpg

Breadboard for testing:

IMG_0794.jpg

i left my LM386 amp with the owner guy at the store with diagrams. (he told me that one of his men will see on getting it fixed (if they can, i hope)).

if not i'll build the "tchay" audio amp to use in my portable.

i have ordered the 100 Omh resitor, 10K resitor and the Dynex Speaker needed for the "Tchay" audio amp.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (13/11/12)

17/11/12

some updates.

today i spent a good 2Hours and more than 30min soldering these things:

superpad 64 control stick:

IMG_0804.jpg

i resoldered the Y/X/+V/GND wires to the part and wired them back to the cut controller.
i hope this works now (will verify via test)

The charger for the battery pack:

IMG_0803.jpg

i soldered the plug thing from the ebay screen to the charger's - and + points.

IMG_0802.jpg

Used hot rule to secure the plug on the charger. i know it's knida messy with soldering etc, but got the job done. hope it works. when i tested it out via multimeter i got a reading number etc.

The GC power switch:

IMG_0800.jpg

i removed the deflaut GC switch cause i'll use the ON/OFF switch from the charge n Play part SS made for me :). which i tested out yesterday, works great :).

after removing the switch i cleaned the solder area using some alcohol.

the power wires for the batteries to the system:

IMG_0798.jpg

i used flux before i applied solder to these wires for soldering to my battery packs (will do soon).
the flux paste stuff works great, the solder spreads so fast like crazy, but does it's job for 1.82 euroes :)

that's all for now.

i'll have to get a new soldering iron as my 60w one has gone bust. i thin. the area of the tip outside the plastic where the metal shoes has holes, the one side has opened up.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (17/11/12)

You do know that the section you soldered to on the charger pops off. Then you can open the popped off section with just one screw. Then drill a small hole and insert the wire. Solder inside that part then just pop it back on. All the messy soldering will be hidden and if you tie a knot in the wire inside the part that pops off , you would not have to use hot glue to hold it :)

Also, you could cut the power switch board down right up until the actual plug the solder a switch.

hailrazer said:
You do know that the section you soldered to on the charger pops off. Then you can open the popped off section with just one screw. Then drill a small hole and insert the wire. Solder inside that part then just pop it back on. All the messy soldering will be hidden and if you tie a knot in the wire inside the part that pops off , you would not have to use hot glue to hold it :)

thanx for the tip, hail :) that part pops off? i had no idea, thanx for the info.
i hope it doesn't pop off anytime soon. i'll make sure it doesn't.
that's a great idea. but now the wiring is done, oh never mind.
i used the hotgule gun's tip to hold down the rule on the wiring, so now it won't come lose,
plus secured it with some PVC tape aswell.

superben51 said:
Also, you could cut the power switch board down right up until the actual plug the solder a switch.

yeah, i had asked ashen the same question too, but i found it easier to just desolder the switch etc,
which it was actually :).

i'll post the picture of the gc power board thing connected to the gc plug of the charge n play part SS made for me. (works superb may i add)

thanx for the tips, guys
more stuff soon...

21/11/12

i have an issue with my "power switch board" thing, it seems to not be working right and my gc and screen get no power thus.

their not fried or anything as i tested the screen out on it's own using my psp silm.

IMG_0811.jpg

as the 4.3 screen needs to be plugged into composite and power, but needs input form console system used to turn on.

so, it's not fried at all :)

im sure the gc is the same, it get no power from the DC Supply because of the broken switch board. :wtf:

i'll replace the broken one with a new one from another gc, i have ordered from ebay a lot of 4 dol 001 (usa) gc's :) using a new fine power switch board from one of these will fix the no power issue.

23/11/12

i received today my amazon com orders i made for a Dynex speaker and a pack of 10pics of 10k resitors and a pack of 10pics of 100 Ohms resitors for buliding the "tchay audio amp".

IMG_0815.jpg

25/11/12

i'll be using the photometer from a gab system for volume numb and it's headphone jack on the "tchay audio amp".

IMG_0820.jpg

and also the gba advance speaker to replace the dynex's default giant speaker:

IMG_0822.jpg

and i got some Polyester putty (bondo) needed for filling in the holes in my portable:

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

how do i use this? any help?

Back