CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (15/2/13)

thecasperrojas said:
man pleace for the love of God please finish a little faster lol

yeah, i would.

but im having issues with my audio amp's speakers. some of the ones im using (ds lite/GBA/yinlips) are sometimes working, sometimes not. weird i know. :evil2:

i have a stereo amp complete, just need to mod it first.

the yinlips speakers are crap, so i threw them out tonight after some testing
they suck :evil2:
im left with GBA and DS lite.

and i think my smaller fan (50mm) may have issues now, i think need to check. :evil2:
and i still am waiting on my charger cradle for the 7800mah pack (canon XM1 battery) to arrive from amazon uk so i can install it on my pack and test it out fully. (fully recharge/testing max H.Min).

i know, im doing my best, but these issues just pop up like crazy :(. :evil2:

I'm sad on the fact that crash bandicoot wrath of cortex and star fox adventures don't have bg music or voices at all, becuase of audio streaming issues :(.
oh man, i love these games, why audio streaming issue?

maybe is you amp or the preamp chip on the board also just go to a local store and get som ihip mini speakers they sound awsom and there only like 4 ohms and they cost like 3 to 5 dollers if they dont have and internal amp but if so maybe 10 dollers

thecasperrojas said:
maybe is you amp or the preamp chip on the board also just go to a local store and get som ihip mini speakers they sound awsom and there only like 4 ohms and they cost like 3 to 5 dollers if they dont have and internal amp but if so maybe 10 dollers

thanx casper for the suggestion :p ,
i found some speakers, but i tried DIY them and use on my gc, but no work :(.
i'll use tchay amp with different speakers until i find a good working one.

18/2/13

X-mini v1.1 stereo speaker mod Success :awesome:

really? yes. really:

the mod was to remove the default volume numb and extend it using IDE wire. 3 Pins only.
it took me 2 hours to do the mod,

1) fist i had to desolder the default volume numb, it was knida hard, but i managed, took alot of time to do :(, as my desoldering iron sucks ass as i frequently use it and the tip is black as black pete's ass:

fil1942drafted.jpg

so, yeah ass work, but got it done finally.

2) removed the battery pack by cutting with scissors the + first then -. it's a li ion and if you cut both at the same time => explosion O.O.

3) cut/trimmed/flux pasted three IDE wires i have form my IDE wire part i got from an old windows computer :mrgreen:.

Flux paste method: take wire etc, trim it and dip the wire pare into the flux paste, then add that to you area/part to join, apply solder to the iron and iron to the part + wire and boom solder joins with wire and part forming an instants, very good qulaty shiny, connection :mrgreen: :awesome:

that easy, as A,B,C and D.

4) then i attached the wires the volume numb, same numb as the tchay amp, and then attached the wires of the volume numb to the X mini board via flux method.

everything worked, except the third wire wouldn't stick, but i extend it via more wire and the third time i wired it, i got it correct :mrgreen:

easy mod. SO happy and glad it worked, and i did it myself.

video showing my mod worked:

more soon after i test the amp on the system.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (18/2/13)

22/2/13

hi guys, today i slimed the rough areas of the two GC Control stick shells and cut out and fine tuned the area for GC memory card port Slot B for Homebrew/extra memory space:

IMG_1110_zps1692f323.jpg
:awesome:

the little blue PVC thing i put there with supergule cause i made a cut mistake there, but it was small enough to cover and not show at all :mrgreen:

i haven't tested the amp on the gc yet. but i tested it on my ps2p im making swell.
it sounded good, but because of the amp being stereo, the ps2 being mono system (no option to config sound from Mono to Stero or vice versa like GC for example). the sound came out a little two faced. but it works great :)

im sure on the gc it'll sound great, what with being stereo and all.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (22/2/13)

24/2/13

hay guys, today i found out that my charger i ordered from amazon uk arrived on friday, but due to bad weather (lots of rain) i didn't get it. instead found it on my doorstep all soaked wet, but lucky the charger and stuff wasn't wet at all, thank god :)

IMG_1113_zpsdd273b19.jpg

charger fits perfectly the 7800mah pack :mrgreen:

IMG_1114_zpsd1fd5781.jpg

opening the charger etc was easy and removing the adapter part i need for wiring it to the charge n play. the adapter is soldered with the +/- wires, which is great.

IMG_1116_zpsc8bb6faf.jpg

IMG_1118_zpsd3772fee.jpg

what it looks like on battery pack: (also slimed it down a bit to fit perfectly in my case)

IMG_1119_zps1bfaec14.jpg

IMG_1120_zps5bb4e77c.jpg

IMG_1121_zps4e887baf.jpg

IMG_1122_zpsc4dcb0d6.jpg

IMG_1123_zps1d86a693.jpg

lastly i added some PVC black tape to secure it o the pack:

IMG_1125_zps6153f370.jpg

IMG_1126_zpsba7b64a8.jpg

nice, now i have the charger part for the pack, i just need to charge it fully and play on the system and record it's H and Mins.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (24/2/13)

man so your going to install the original slot b on the portable also remember you will nee space when your going to close it

thecasperrojas said:
man so your going to install the original slot b on the portable also remember you will need space when your going to close it

yep, im using Slot B as i can load Swiss from Wiikey slot and then boot Homebrew via my SDHC 32gb card in slot via the SDML adapter :mrgreen:

also use it for extra memory/memory card transfer data :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_0886.jpg

about the space, I'm aware of it and i hope my setup will be okay (i mean to fit in perfectly and have no issues like overlapping one object with another, but i'll see that when i test mount everything, and if there's any issue i'll make things fit in somehow, there has got to be a way to may things fit, somehow i guess?)

3/3/13

New updates, yay :)

Got the amp (stero) to work, and work it does, perfectly may I add.
No bad sound or such

IMG_1142_zpsfd887f15.jpg

found out that it's l/GnD/R wires are the Headphone jack input :) and works when I turn the volume all the way to the left (no speaker sound).

IMG_1139_zps9fdf1876.jpg

The audio jack, which I previously thought was the headphone jack, isn't I wired up the amp wrong way round the first time and got no sound?

IMG_1138_zpsda40c1cb.jpg

But, I fixed it by adding the audio cable to the audio jack and got sound :mrgreen:

IMG_1141_zpsf622b632.jpg

And it's perfect, both for speaker (4 ohms) and headphones :) :).

I tested it out on Starfox Assult and it works fine, no sound issues or such like with Tchay audio amp :)

IMG_1140_zpsfe0c50e3.jpg

hooray, finally an amp that works flawlessly

Great news finally, after so many amp issues :)

Now just need to wire the H jack wires to the H input as the wires are Super thin, so will need to DIY solder myself via flux paste.

And charged my 7800mah pack, I timed the recharge using my ipodtouch stopwatch i got 07h 13mins and it still hasn't fully charged yet?

It's not yet finished charging fully, I kepted the time, will charge again and just add the remaing time together with the new when the charger (TLP 4000 1A ).

It may be wrong, but I'll need more testing on the pack.

More soon, glad audio amp is flawlessly working perfectly :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/3/13)

thecasperrojas said:
awsome how about some pics and also how much time before its fully build

thanx casper, pics added today,

all i have to do now is this:

4/3/13

1) wire H jack to H input wires together via flux paste
2) finish charging 7800 mAh pack (fully) & test 7800 mAh pack on gc (record Hours and Mins)
3) casework (general procedure notes i made) will post notes when i reach this step.
* mounting stuff in case bit by bit, epxoying, tape etc...
* make sure everything fits alright etc...
* make adjustments (if needed)
* add spacers (if needed)
* test each part out after mounting it in (e.g.. controls etc)
4) close system
5) make presentation video and post on MR etc.

step 3 may take the MOST time/days to finish as it requires tedious amount of very careful work when using epoxy especially O.O. and to make sure each part i mount fits correctly and won't come loose anytime soon etc.

im sure you've experienced this when you were working on the Biocube, right? :)

any tips for mounting controls? I'm not sure on how to properly mount them.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (3/3/13)

4/3/13

wired the audio amp H jack wires!

my diagram notes for wiring:

AudioAmpSteriowiringnotes_zpsc98d5f8d.jpeg

soldered, fluxed and Hotguled!!!

DSC00021_zps2bd5b6b9.jpg

DSC00022_zps79f25051.jpg

DSC00024_zps853c7b33.jpg

H Jack mod complete!

DSC00023_zps828cda78.jpg

amp is ultimate, has epic clear sound :cool:

audio mod working.mp4:

so, yeah amp is fully finished and working, next is the 7800 mAh pack Recharging/playtime

more soon..

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (4/3/13)

damnice list there almost finish but take it easy and you repeted the oic of the audio twice

thecasperrojas said:
damnice list there almost finish but take it easy and you repeted the oic of the audio twice

Thanx Casper :)
Um you mean take it easy on the casework? Or the portable finishing up in general?

I did that with the audio pic to show how I came up with the audio cable idea and such, also what I did wrong first and got no sound because of it :p.

hailrazer said:
You need to learn about heatshrink dude . :lol:

Lol, yeah thanx for the tip, hailrazer :)
I have seen how heat shrink is used and such, my local electronic store has heat shrink tubes and I saw how it is applied on. I'll grab some tubes when I go to the store on Thursday.

Can I use a simple hair dryer at strength of 1 or 2 for shrinking the heat shrink tube or I need to use a heat gun specifically?

5/3/13

I sprayed the back of the case 3 times (10min each time):

IMG_1147_zps08603c16.jpg

Now it matches the entire case and has a great color overall the case (front & back) :)

Still working on the recharging of the 7800mah pack. More on that soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (5/3/13)

Can't wait to see!
Happy birthday, BTW.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (5/3/13)

Any date you expect to have this finished by? I'm excited to see how it turns out. :)

Back