CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part II)

Spiicyice said:
Make sure you use rubber topped tact switches. It's pretty much the same as pressing a button on a normal controller.

thanx for the tip, spiicyice.

Apparently my tacts don't work quite well, :(
I'll ask the man at my local electronic store if he has these rubber topped tact switches to use if the buttons I have mounted today on cardboard with supergule don't work at all well.

Hay guys, gamer here.
The only issue I have with the controller mounting is the ABYX part.

Apparently my tacts don't work quite well, :(
I'll ask the man at my local electronic store if he has these rubber topped tact switches to use and using kasar's diagram to solder the tacts on the ABYX board part.

I'll use the rubber topped tacts,
if the buttons I have mounted today on cardboard with supergule don't work at all well.

Which I'll try testing tommorow and see if the buttons with cardboard + superglue work.

Etheir way, I'll finally fix the ABYX issue and then finish part ii and move on to part III :mrgreen:

Part II

hay guys,

the buttons with cardboard + superglue method didn't work :(.

i decided to go to my local electronic store and ask the person who helped me out with the control stick issue to fix the ABYX part, but sad news, he doesn't work with the store anymore :(.

but i was lucky to find him last wensday to fix the issue of the control stick :)

so, i bought some ore tacts (two pins) to solder to the ABYX board using Kasar's ABYX diagram he made for sung tacts as the ABYX buttons.

last night, i did the mod, it took 2hours+ and i used hotgule to secure the joints, also used flux paste to make good, solid connections.:

what my portable looks like now:

now, i have to test the ABYX mod i did last night, re-epxoy the C-stick (as it came off).

that's it for part II.

more soon...

Part ii

Tested my ABYX mod and it works :mrgreen: *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yeah :twisted:
Take that, buttons Sega :cool: tact switches are boss :awesome:

Those 2 *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing hours + where wroth the effort, my ABYX works perfectly now :)

And with this all my controllers work perfectly, so now I just have to epoxy the ABYX tacts in place, re epoxy the C-stick in place and drill the holes out for the control stick to fit in and mount the screws in (tchay's method).

Apparently, kasar's method for the tacts worked, good one too. Saved me a lot of time and effort and was easy to do :)

Through the tacts he menchioned may not be as responsive as the buttons, I through my testing found no difference between tacts and buttons, the tacts functioned Exactly like they were buttons, no issues whatsoever :) (this was what I came to a conclusion through my testing tonight).

More VERY soon... (Now that part ii will be finally finished, the good stuff is coming soon)

Okay, mounted the ABYX mod and C-stick with pvc tape and waiting for the epoxy I added to dry.

Will test tommorow,

only have to mount the control stick.

And done!

okay, did more work on my portable now hat the epoxy has dried :)

but i have not shown you my setup of the L/R/Z buttons?

anyways, here it is:

Z is on top, R on bottom.

L:

What i epoxyed yesterday:

C-Stick backside (epoxyed/taped)

ABYX backside (epoxyed/taped)

Control stick mockup:

Overview:

C-stick frontside:

ABYX frontside:

B is far left,
A is in the middle,
Y is top
X is bottom

Control stick final position (proper, before epoxy!):

new, updated overview (final for Part II):

now, that's done, so once i test it out, then i can move over to Part III!

hay guys,
i tested out my controls, ABYX setup works great and the control stick too :) (just the control stick needs to be repositioned with a little more better, permeant support as it moves and cause some movements to move abnormally).

so, controls are all good, finally!!!

about the case mounting, i tried to "test fit" the gc with fan etc inside the case and it knida fits, but doesn't go all the way in as the 60mm fan is on top of the heatsink and is big, O.O not good IMO :(

Also my batts stick out a bit, so I'll need to bulid an inbetween spacer of some kind to make extra room for everything to fit inside the case nicely or else I can't finish my portable as it won't fit in.
:(

Hay guys, I haven't posted anything for some days now,
I've been working on my portable,

I made the spacer for it using styro thing with mirror tape underneath it:

It works great :awesome:
The red circles are where the holes for the screws will go, I have made holes through the styro/mirror tape to fit the screw through.

The screws will be different from the ones shown already.

The spacer looks great and will help to keep stuff in place and give more space.

Also, used a ps2 controller shell part for the control stick to keep it centered and in place, and it works great now :cool:

this is the final position for the control stick :)

Part III is coming soon...

hay guys, i posted the pics for the previous part i have finished.

hmm, now I'm working on part iii,

and it seems I'm stuck currently.
to mount the headphone jack/volume numb i have to place styro stuff and place these components on top with tesa mirror tape for them to stick and stay in place as otherwise i tried epoxying and apply them on the hole they should fit through didn't work :(.

the mirror tape, which i don't currently have any of (i'll have to buy some tomorrow, X2 sets so i have enough to not run out of). it helps out alot :).

more on this tomorrow...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part III)

Part III: audio amp!

Okay, i finished part III.

i did this:

Mounted the volume numb via epoxy and trimmed the numb a bit:

Mounted the Headphonejack (needs a bit better positioning + epoxy):

so, yeah that's it for part III.

on to part IV now :)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part IV)

Part IV: Charge n play + Battery

so, now for the charge n play part + battery pack!

first i mounted + epoxyed the GC wallpower port:

then mounted + epoxyed the Main ON/OFF switch:

if you reverse the picture, i can't turn around the system as to all the cables are stuck down, the label will read as ON/OFF which i have positioned the switch as the label on the switch shows, so this label shows the same thing if turned around:

also epoxyed better the headphone jack, so now it's properly in place :mrgreen:

also showing the position of charge jack for mounting (not mounted yet! last thing to do)

the battery pack, i'll mount in place with pvc tape + epoxy on the tape. just trying to figure out how to postion the packs in place and where exactly.

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part IV)

update on project.

I'm on part V now.

hay guys the gcp is good I'm changing the setup as the spacer crap i made is crap, so i'll be using an idea that i thought of last night in my sleep of making a cutout on the back of the case to mount the fan with screws etc and the gc will be stuck like it was when i had it on my desk for testing etc.

also a qoute from gman that helped me realize that my setup of the spacer and stuff was crap and i can make everything (including batteries) fit:

gman said:
The case is 2 inches thick. I think you should focus on fitting everything in because 2 inches is thicker than most portables.

thanx for the boost up, man :)

so, more soon when i make the fan mounting thing, also i'll re spray the back of the case with a different color than the front.

also my audio amp's speaker came loose and i need to repair it back as no sound is coming out of the amp and from the headphones the sound is banish. :wtf: :confused: :cry:

otherwise my gcp is all good, everything else works fine :mrgreen:

more soon

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part V)

Glad to help!

I think of most of my ideas while im waiting to fall asleep in my bed. I keep a journal next to my bed so i can write it down before i forget in the morning and i wont have to get out of bed.

gman said:
Glad to help!

I think of most of my ideas while im waiting to fall asleep in my bed. I keep a journal next to my bed so i can write it down before i forget in the morning and i wont have to get out of bed.

this made my day.

ahaha, you too? i do the exact same thing like you, awesome.
i keep a journal next to my bed to keep notes on my gcp progress etc, nice that's awesome :)

im glad to hear we both use the same method, that's sweet :)

I'm excited to see how this portable mod will turn out.

Hey sorry i havend been of much suport been a little busy also am love the mounthig part also can you give me the demansions of the case

thecasperrojas said:
Hey sorry i havend been of much suport been a little busy also am love the mounthig part also can you give me the demansions of the case

np, man
the demansions of the case are in the first page of the work log, if i remember correctly.

Fan mounting work!

i cut and drilled the holes for the fan that i'll place outside the case:

looks great and was easy to do!

sprayed the back of the case x2 and got a new fan, same type as before because i broke my old one as i used it's holes to drill out my new ones on the case.

also got a fan protector thing from my electronics store that i bought the fan from came with two screws to mount:

the owner of the shop who is good at soldering and other things has helped me out in various different stuff to fix etc.

fan mounted with screws and protector done:

the back of the case, the cutout i did looks super, the air will flow just fine and right on the heatsink area that ashen had installed the previous fan and the air will flow through the heatsink nicely :)

let me know what you think about the color of the back
now to mount the gc, fix the audio amp speaker etc

more soon...

Back