CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed (WIP)

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part V)

hay guys,
made another neat mod!

this time a gc memcard 59 blocks official to micro adapter with built in 16gb card!

removed some of the plastic of the memcard (end part) using pillars etc.
used some tesa tape to secure the micro adapter on the metal mounting for the men card and used a bit of hotgule to secure the sd card in place :).

Hay guys, today I soldered better wires to the speaker I'm using on the audio amp, and removed those pesky, small magnet wires for better ones, and the amp works again, I got good clear sound like before it got ripped off :).

It was very easy to do, amp wiring/working stuff etc is easy.

I kinda of expected this to work, a okay as it is very easy to not mess it up.

More soon.

Monstercrunch said:
Can't wait to see the case closed up . Maybe in a little video ?

yeah, i have thought about making
Monstercrunch said:
a little video of the case closed up.
with some epic BG music to signify the closing up (part VI).

thanx for reminding me, monstercrunch! this sounds like a good idea, i thought of doing this swell some time ago. it'll be fun

added some PVC tape to protect the gc motherboard from it's underside.

Added some mirror tape to secure the gc on the case back side etc:

also, the screws on the fan have changed, i have moved the one from the top to the bottom and added hotgule to the two holes i could not use screws for (and it worked well) :mrgreen:

my current setup and testing i did tonight:

more soon...

Wait question, what is the mod you did to the memory card do? I don't see how you could have soldered anything to the memory card?

hay guys, i opened the batts and removed the plastic casing from them (very carefully as not to damage the batts):

also took the gc switch board and got the man at my electronic store to remove & extended with wires the on/off switch so i can place it on top of the case:

removed the plastic and added PVC tape to secure/protect the batts:

more soon...

Spiicyice said:
Not enough tape :p

um, for the mirror tape? i fixed that and added more tape.

Spiicyice said:
Wait question, what is the mod you did to the memory card do? I don't see how you could have soldered anything to the memory card?

um, i just taped the sd card on the metal part of the memory card, i didn't use any solder or wires.
no solder mod.

lol I was just kidding about the tape :p

so wait what is the point of the memory card mod then?

Also hurrrryyyyy I want to see this finished!

thecasperrojas said:
Spiicyice said:
Also hurrrryyyyy I want to see this finished!
Iv been telling him that ever sense hey started

Thanx for the support++ guys :mrgreen:
I appreciate it.
Yeah I too more than anyone want to see the GCp done,

but it's complicated to finish too soon in regards to making everything fit in the case properly and checking/rechecking and again rechecking for errors (if any) making sure every step/thing works 100% no errors etc.

But now, I at the last step for sure, I just have to mount the top case half (fan + GC) on the bottom case half (screen + controls + audio amp + charge n play/batteries) together and this isn't the easiest thing, it's the hardest part of the WHOLE worklog I believe, much more challenging than the batts ( as I thought they were bad enough!).

I'm doing/trying/working my very best to successfully complete this project,
But, the GCp ashen modded thanx fully (he rocks!) is very sturdy, strong and works just fine as he builds very awesome stuff with a lot of toughness and very hard breakabllty. So yeah go ashen!

This helps me as I don't need to worry about the GCp breaking or such (+ I'm extra careful with handling it)

Also, when positioning it inside the case with everything (to make it securely fit, I 'may' have to force it a bit to get it to fit in, or move stuff around etc)

Last stage is now.

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part VI)

hay guys, the new mounting

adding a plastic tray layer in-between:

made some room for the audio amp cable form the gc and gc power cable to pass:

the top case half will be the inbetween layer (with screws in place ) and the gc on top.

Connections:

bottom case - Middle case

+ GC power cable = GC on/off switch

+ Audio amp +/- wires = +/- connections from GC

+ Audio amp Jack = Jack plug from GC

+ Video cable from screen = Video connection jack from GC

now, my idea that i used which didn't work out was method A (revolving around sticking a spacer layer in between the case bottom half and case top, plus making the screws needed to mount the case top impossible to happen)

more soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt (Part VI)

Part VI is done! Success 100%!

I'm testing the portable to see if there is anything i need to fix etc + making sure everything is working fine etc.

everything works great, i need to stick the tacts for A/B buttons in place better as they move alot and cause issues,
and move/tape/epoxy the P2 port outside the case.

also removed some previous elements i posted earlier as i never ended up using them :p.

soon...

Re: CubeFusionPAL - Gamer's Third GCP attempt Completed

Added some hotgule to secure the B/A/Y/X tacts in place.

hotguled and positioned the P2 port on the outside of the system.

hotguled the charge jack in place

i just need to epoxy the stuff placed on the back of the system and then make the video etc.

So much tape-- I love it! Although I guess its mostly epoxy now. Is it finished yet? It's been almost a month since that last post

sonictimm said:
So much tape-- I love it! Although I guess its mostly epoxy now. Is it finished yet? It's been almost a month since that last post

Um, yeah. The project is nearly done, just have a small issue with the ABXY PCB board and will need to replace it with a new one from another controller. (Copy/paste) the points of the old board to the new one and wire them up exactly the same way as before should work out fine.

That's all really. I'm just waiting for my another GC controller to arrive from amazon uk that I ordered for the fix.

That's why I hadn't posted any progress as I can't do much right now.
Thanx soncitimm! Um aren't you Tim T from the stream last night on youtube?

orangeziggy84 said:
This reminds me a lot of the first portable I made.

Interesting thought, orangeziggy84!
Um, how so does my portable remind you of your first one that you made?
I mean are there any similarities between the two and such?

And how did your first GCP work out in the end? (I'm asking cause you menchioned this project reminded you of your first one, so I'm interesting in the result of your GCp).

Back