APPLE 27TH OF JAN. DEMO

What a waste. Why not just get a Macbook? It's more portable, more powerful, and...just better in every way.

meh. it uses an apple processor, which is flax. its still closed source. its too big to really carry anywhere, except in a backpack or some such flax. its uglier than crap. the keyboard looks really uncomfortable. basically, its a mega ipod touch. im not impressed at all.

J.D said:
What a waste. Why not just get a Macbook? It's more portable, more powerful, and...just better in every way.

Macbook starts at more than double the price, and has no 3G or touchscreen.

That is why.

why is a touchscreen such a selling point anyway? a regular mac is just as usable as the ipod, assuming you have at least 1/2 a brain. i fail to see the point.

Macbook starts at more than double the price
PC

Also, why the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* would you want a touchscreen when mouse+keyboard is so much better?

It looks ridiculous. Its an iphone, but someone smashed it with a hammer and stretched it out. just buy a Pc (you can get, like 2 laptops for that much!) or my favorite, a mac.

I also dont get why people hate apple so much. people dont hate atari because of the jaguar.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
It looks ridiculous. Its an iphone, but someone smashed it with a hammer and stretched it out. just buy a Pc (you can get, like 2 laptops for that much!) or my favorite, a mac.

I also dont get why people hate apple so much. people dont hate atari because of the jaguar.
overpricing flax is standard apple operating procedure. Jaguar is an anomaly.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
just buy a Pc (you can get, like 2 laptops for that much!) or my favorite, a mac.

:facepalm:

Laptops do not cost $250.

Try again.

J.D, you said a macbook is more portable.

It's like twice as thick.

And it has a bigger screen.

How is it more portable again....?

Also, keyboard and mouse=computer. This is not a computer. And the whole point of a TABLET is having a touchscreen, so it's all in one, handheld, and no need how flaxloads of wires.

And yes, there will be a keyboard dock for it.

And if you can't afford it, don't buy it, and don't say it's a flax product because of that!

snowpenguin said:
bullflax. i have bought countless laptops for less than 250$, every single one having higher spec than this flux. check your facts. perhaps new laptops dont cost 250$, but if you search around they do. ;)

as for the portability crap, its too big to fit in a pocket. so, you need a bag or something. so you might as well use something better, such as a macbook. lets face it. its a rather pointless device. tablets have pretty well failed in the past, because theres just no market for em. but now apple does it, and everyone is liek "OH EM GEE! IT WILL BE AMAZING!!!!1111". its gonna suck. but buy one, if you are so inclined, sir.

like i tell everyone else. i am two things, anti-Microsoft and anti-Apple
the only products i will use from either is the ipod and windows. even though it is not my prefered OS

snowpenguin said:
Yoshilime M.R. said:
just buy a Pc (you can get, like 2 laptops for that much!) or my favorite, a mac.

:facepalm:

Try again.

J.D, you said a macbook is more portable.

It's like twice as thick.

And it has a bigger screen.

How is it more portable again....?
It's more portable because it's actually usable. You can't fit a 10 inch screen in your pocket, so you might as well just bring a laptop.

More usable/=more portable.

I could argue that since nobody could ever fit a netbook in their pocket, they should just bring a real laptop, since both need a carrying bag. Plus, the laptop has a better screen and keyboard, right? :p

More portable is more portable. It weighs less than a pound and a half, and is half an inch thin. You could stack three of these on top of one another, and they are still going to be smaller than most 13" laptops, much less most 14, 15, or 17" ones. That is why people buy netbooks!

What a piece of crap. Not a real computer, looks horrible to actually use. The thing is impractically large, so you might as well get a netbook, which is more powerful and more useful. And the speech sounds like the fake "i" one. How exactly is a touchscreen more intuitive than a keyboard? Maybe for some things, I guess, but it's useless for typing. Also, it's not a revolution. And apparently it's going to be fairly expensive.

Short version? Neat, but not really that useful.

XCVG said:
What a piece of crap. Not a real computer, looks horrible to actually use. The thing is impractically large, so you might as well get a netbook, which is more powerful and more useful. And the speech sounds like the fake "i" one. How exactly is a touchscreen more intuitive than a keyboard? Maybe for some things, I guess, but it's useless for typing. Also, it's not a revolution. And apparently it's going to be fairly expensive.

It's not supposed to be a real computer dumbflax, or it would have more actual hardware.

Impractically large? Oh, so you want a 5" tablet then?

A netbook is not handheld as this, less portable, and, windows. Probably slower to use considering it's running significantly more software than the ipad is.

Touchscreen is useful for like EVERYTHING.

Go watch the ipad intro video at apple.com.

It's just like several touchpads already out , except it runs Mac Os and software.

Mac fans will love it and get it, Pc fans won't.

I don't see the big deal. It's not going to make people leave Pc's and it's not going to make people leave Mac.

Very meh and blah IMO.

I can fit my netbook into my jacket pocket :dahroll:
although it's big enough to also fit a rubik's cube and hat :awesome:

Back