APPLE 27TH OF JAN. DEMO

Apple must die.

I hope they're announcing their bankruptcy.

How funny would that be.

iGoBroke.

Jeez, why is it that when somebody doesn't like a brand, they decide it's evil and it has to die? I think everything they sell is overpriced new - getting it half price used, in good condition? A good deal! The hardware is still good hardware, and if you don't like the OS, then put any other OS on it. What's the big deal?

Overzealous DRM issues, proprietary software problems, the birth of the Mac, iCarly, conceptualization of the one-button mouse, Steve Jobs, and iTunes are all reasons why I hate Apple.

Their pricing is fair, I don't really mind that. Except the whole $400 phone thing. WTF.

Apple is a great company.

Their stuff is FAR overpriced generally, (generally).

Still good stuff.

Yep.

Robm, they don't need to die because you don't like them. And because you don't like itunes isn't really a reason to hate the company, even combined with the others.

Sounds good Palmer. That's about what I've gathered so far, and I think myself to be quite the expert on the fabled iTablet/iPad/iSlate. I have been researching rumours, patents, and the likes for a month now, as it is the topic of my research paper.

However, I think there is a chance it may be lower than sub-$800. I'm hoping even sub-$650, but then there's rumours of the OLED model (which is a flax decision on Apple's part, other than the fact that a screen that big will be easily damaged, and OLED would be rather damage resistant).

robm said:
Overzealous DRM issues, proprietary software problems, the birth of the Mac, iCarly, conceptualization of the one-button mouse, Steve Jobs, and iTunes are all reasons why I hate Apple.

QFT

Their pricing is fair, I don't really mind that. Except the whole $400 phone thing. WTF.
no way. last years (or older) hardware for 3x more than any of the up to date competition? that aint "fair". :dahroll:

robm said:
iCarly

Except the whole $400 phone thing. WTF.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF iCARLY RAAAGE! :evil2:

And you do know that the very newest model of the iPhone is only $199 on contract, and the older 3G model is only $99 on contract? :p It is very, very resonably priced as far as on-contract phones go. Even those extremely cheap phones that are like $20 on contract cost $300+ if you buy them on their own, which makes no sense in most cases. Phones are just expensive tech, and the best way to buy them in the US is to buy one on contract to get a nice fat discount.

$199 ain't bad for what you get. :awesome:

PalmerTech said:
only $199 on contract, and the older 3G model is only $99 on contract? :p

$199 ain't bad for what you get. :awesome:

I own a launch Razr, use an AT&T pay-as-you-go, $10/month prepaid card, and shun contracts for the evil things that they are.

Forcing a customer to sign a contract for phone service is just retarded. I've never really understood it

I have no need for email/internet capability on a phone. That's why I have a laptop. Or a desktop.

snowpenguin said:
Robm, they don't need to die because you don't like them. And because you don't like itunes isn't really a reason to hate the company, even combined with the others.

As stated before, Apple needs to die for many other reasons than just iTunes. lso, they don't need to die because *I* hate them. They need to die because they suck. :awesome:

iPad(even though it was already used by HP I think...)
$3000
Nothing more then a iPhone with a larger screen.

robm said:
I have no need for email/internet capability on a phone.

they don't need to die because *I* hate them.

objection-vector.png

You are obviously not their target market. ;)

It would be like if I said "I have no need for alcohol, I have no idea why people use it, I hate it. So yeah, all alcohol sucks!"

Well, not quite. :lol: I am no Apple fanboy, I do not use Apple computers, but I do think the iPhone line and iPod Touch line is worth it. I also own several thousand in Apple stock, because I believe that they will continue to be successful.

And for you, pre-paid may make the most sense, but for a lot of people who actually need a decent number of minutes, and mobile email/text access, the only way to go is a service plan. Also, how much did that launch Razr cost you? ;) Wanna know the cost, if you had to buy one at launch with no contract? $600. And you only got a $100 rebate by signing up for a Cingular plan.

Crazy, eh? :p

I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but it definitely did NOT cost me $600 :lol: I would have murdered the cell phone salesperson in their sleep.

It's been a long-ass *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing time ago now.

Battery's original and still holds a charge perfectly XD

Anyway, you said "people who NEED mobile internet/texting"

Texting is the devil, and hideously rude. Also an insane cost-generating service, I have never understood why what is basically a messenger service for phones needs to cost a bazillion times more than sending VOICE over their network.

The NEED for mobile internet on a phone is iffy at best, I'll give that a "want" instead of a "need" for most people. Can't think of too many people who actually NEED wireless internet. For that matter, my Razr has the capability... not that I want it.

It's a losing argument though. The apparent coolness and pseudo-geek attraction is just too strong. :(

And yeah. Alcohol actually does suck. :awesome:

Texting is the devil, and hideously rude. Also an insane cost-generating service, I have never understood why what is basically a messenger service for phones needs to cost a bazillion times more than sending VOICE over their network.
Convenience. Try calling your wife in the middle of a bus, busy restaurant, or meeting. You can't. You can text people anywhere. Besides, unlimited texting plans are very cheap (through AT&T at least), and cost WAY less then unlimited calling.

robm said:
I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but it definitely did NOT cost me $600 :lol: I would have murdered the cell phone salesperson in their sleep.

It's been a long-ass *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing time ago now.

Battery's original and still holds a charge perfectly XD

Anyway, you said "people who NEED mobile internet/texting"

The NEED for mobile internet on a phone is iffy at best, I'll give that a "want" instead of a "need" for most people. Can't think of too many people who actually NEED wireless internet. For that matter, my Razr has the capability... not that I want it.

It's a losing argument though. The apparent coolness and pseudo-geek attraction is just too strong. :(

And yeah. Alcohol actually does suck. :awesome:

How dare someone want beyond their needs!

Back