APPLE 27TH OF JAN. DEMO

I think people who say it's no more than a big ipod touch need to give apple a chance.

There are only a select few apps developed for the Dang thing so far, by the time it comes out, flax will be BOOMING. There'll be great apps for the thing I'm sure, stuff that can't be done on an iphone or ipod touch.

I'd love to see a good music creation app for it.

Anybody here ever had any experience in app development for ipod touch and iphone? I'm sure this is at least somewhat similar. What kind of knowledge do you need to get started in that sort of thing? Programming skills? In what language?

This will be just as much of a failure that the Apple Newton (or whatever you call it).

Calm my inner geek down?
I don't see how anything I said has anything to do with my inner geek.
Android is found on common consumer products (The Droid) and normal people can have opinions about the iPhone's GUI.

J.D said:
This will be just as much of a failure that the Apple Newton (or whatever you call it).

Mmmmmm...fig newtons....

Anyway, I'm interested to see what will happen with this, but I don't think it will be as revolutionary as some people think.

Oooh, an upgraded Kindle. Fun stuff.

Well, it isn't revolutionary, rather, it uses new technology.

It uses the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore, which is pretty new technology.
The Cortex-A9 MPCore is the same Microprocessor found in the upcoming NVidia Tegra2 and TI OMAP4, meaning the Apple A4 (Cortex-A9 MPCore + GPU System on a Chip) is pretty new technology to the market.

Oh noes !!!

http://www.currentdirections.com/hardwa ... ad100.html

ipad100.jpg

Looks like Apple is going to have to pay up or change the name . LOL

Actually maybe not.

I'm pretty sure I read at engadget that fujitsu does not have a trademark for the name, because it's pending as someone else already does. (some keypad locking thingamajig)

So Apple may get it, and fujitsu may, but who knows.

But fujitsu doesn't have it just yet.

Did you guys see the grammys or whatever tonight where the dude was like "where's the list? Oh wait a second, it's on my iPad"

I can't remember the guy's name for the life of me...

Apparently Apple decided to send Daniel Tosh a pre-release iPad. Why? I don't know. But here he is showing it off on his show:

I tell you what, Stephen Colbert and John Stewart are my personal heros, right up there with Morgan Freeman and Billy Mays.

SS

Twilight Wolf said:
Thought you guys would appreciate this.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of apple products.

".5x the functionality as 2x the price"

"3 year old technology put into a new body"

"Its magical"

Everything is built like a rock and has a very stable OS, but I wouldn't be caught dead with anything made by apple unless I got it at half price or less.

Back