The nobble64 worklog!

Its a tact underneath. I used some mounting tape to stick the logo on. And its just covering a bad drilled hole.

I've got 2 extra A buttons that I can send you - shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Looks AWESOME so far

IMG00337-20100325-1820.jpg

Top/front view. with a/b buttons in place.

Thank you! I wish I could do more work on it right now but i need my heat sinks and a few resistors. I also need to solve my problem with hooking up the other controller ports. Kinda lazy right now and want to get this done at the same time. Go figure.

What controller are you using? I tried to do the C-stick mod and use them as C-buttons but I couldn't figure out the right resistances. If you get it to work can you tell me what you did? And the start button logo thing is :awesome:

ToastBucket said:
What controller are you using? I tried to do the C-stick mod and use them as C-buttons but I couldn't figure out the right resistances. If you get it to work can you tell me what you did? And the start button logo thing is :awesome:
I am using the sumo controller. very common 3rd party controller. I'll make sure to buy different kinds of resistors to test.
Did you use a first party gc controller?

I know what you mean about the finishing around the same time thing. I haven't done much work because my screen hasn't gotten here yet, hahah. Like I said, it looks really good. Have fun with the resistor testing :p

I know what you mean about the finishing around the same time thing. I haven't done much work because my screen hasn't gotten here yet, hahah. Like I said, it looks really good. Have fun with the resistor testing :p

nobble said:
ToastBucket said:
ya. I tried using that controller but I couldn't even get the regular analog stick to work with it
what resistor values did you use?

6.8k, 8.2k, 5.6k, 10k. all gave me the same result of all c buttons being pressed down at constantly

Well I found out the problem is that you need a first party n64 controller to do the c-stick for the c buttons. Now I have a major problem. How do I wire a gamecube analog stick to the original n64 controller? Because I can't use bentomo's wiring diagram for non-3rd party controllers.

No, he used a third-party controller, but he used a special circuit to make the C-buttons register halfway in each direction.

SifuF said:
However, I was unable to recreate this with the 3rd party pad I'm using. The controller would register a button press with a very small amount of current flow and the 10k pot was too 'narrow' resistance wise, to make a clear on and off. So I had to use the pot as a potential divder with an LED bargraph circuit that would switch the buttons via transistors.

2010-03-30131007.jpg

Halfway done with the cart slot relocation, just taking a break for a bit. I might actually finish this today.

*crosses fingers*

Just activate your newly-given Basement_Modder powers and do it in 25 mins.

(not counting wire stripping done beforehand.)

Back