The nobble64 worklog!

nobble

Welcome to my worklog! This will be my second portable (well 1.5 for the time being as i can't finish my snesp tilll i get a new snes). Not sure what screen i am using for right now but it will probably be a zenith. I am not sure on the case yet so I will hold off on that. I am making a LOB64 port on it for ComicCon. The color will most likely be light grey. Here's my progress so far on the board.

IMG00226-20100113-2307.jpg

I removed the cart slot, the ext. slot. removed power and reset switches and removed controller ports.

One question, how do I relocate the expansion card so that it doesn't stick straight up?

Hope to update soon.

Re: Nobble's N64 Portable Worklog

I wouldn't suggest doing that right now. Relocating the ram pack is very difficult, you need to be almost able to RCP wire the n64 to do that.

Also, what revision n64 do you have? You might be able to use RGB if you have an early one.

So just leave it sticking straight up? And I have an NUS-001

Trim down the expansion pak as far as you can, but it will be much easier to not relocate it.

NUS-001 is the serial number thing for the console, look by the cart slot ans you'll see on yours NUS-CPU-4. Revision 4.

If you're relocating the cart slot it's barely worth relocating the expansion pack as the cart slot will stick out from the motherboard at the same height. That's what it looks like on Bac's new guide anyway. Disclaimer: In no way do endorse the work or guides of Bacteria

Not if you put the cart slot as tight to the board as possible. Saved myself quite a bit of room doing the expansion pack re-location. But I needed it as low as possible for the case I'm using.

kam10.JPG

Don't even attempt it. When you relocate the cart slot, just Make it level with the RAM slot. If you don't understand what I mean, Bacteria explains it in one of his N64 tutorial videos.

pLover said:
Don't even attempt it. When you relocate the cart slot, just Make it level with the RAM slot. If you don't understand what I mean, Bacteria explains it in one of his N64 tutorial videos.

Exactly. I wasn't saying it should be done, I was just saying you can make it thinner by doing it :)

I know. That was actually a response to the last post on the first page. I didn't see that there were two of them. :sweat:

Hey, hail, is that a new portable in that pic or did you just post an old darth 64 worklog pic? That cart-slot support is awesome. I would flp it the other way, though, to accumulate a non-lazerdoodle case. :p

Ok, So I wired everything up and checked it over but only the led on the n64 is lighting up not powering the system on. I'm running on batteries and a zenith screen. Any fixes?

Ok so I am starting this up again. I am using two 3.7v 4200 mah batteries, an led modded zenith screen, a modified n64 controller with gamecube sticks, and a datamax case. Now before you nag about the datamax case it's a different model. Its the model two which looks a flux load better imo. So now I am having a race with BoFoSho to see who can make the n64p first. But seeing as I am putting a LOB64 port in it I hope he does the same thing since he has a head start. Good luck! May the better portablizer win. ;)

nobble said:
Ok so I am starting this up again. I am using two 3.7v 4200 mah batteries, an led modded zenith screen, a modified n64 controller with gamecube sticks, and a datamax case. Now before you nag about the datamax case it's a different model. Its the model two which looks a flux load better imo. So now I am having a race with BoFoSho to see who can make the n64p first. But seeing as I am putting a LOB64 port in it I hope he does the same thing since he has a head start. Good luck! May the better portablizer win. ;)

Where did you find a Datamax II . They are all out of stock everywhere I looked?

Back