MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

Hmm... Maybe in the future there will be a way to turn health on/off per usergroup, so everyone in the "builder" group has infinite health and won't have to worry about dying, while those who prefer to play Survival still have that option. If a mod like this hasn't been made yet, I'll see if I can put in a request for it.

Zero said:
Hmm... Maybe in the future there will be a way to turn health on/off per usergroup, so everyone in the "builder" group has infinite health and won't have to worry about dying, while those who prefer to play Survival still have that option. If a mod like this hasn't been made yet, I'll see if I can put in a request for it.
Maybe people with builder's rank can simply get chainmail boots with a huge amount of negative damage.

Antome said:
Maybe people with builder's rank can simply get chainmail boots with a huge amount of negative damage.

For now, filling a community chest or two with diamond boots might be a good idea...
Like I said, I'm willing to change to survival if that's what everyone wants. And I was hoping you would see that quote from Notch. Main reason I linked it, actually.

in that case, fill a community chest or two with chainmail boots with huge amounts of negative damage :dah:

also, for some reason, when I halved my 64 stack of stone, one of the 32 stacks disappeared. Nothing major, but worrying all the same.

Antome said:
in that case, fill a community chest or two with chainmail boots with huge amounts of negative damage :dah:

also, for some reason, when I halved my 64 stack of stone, one of the 32 stacks disappeared. Nothing major, but worrying all the same.

ah... now that I actually looked it up, I see what you mean. .. ... .... I feel ignorant now.

ttsgeb said:
Antome said:

ah... now that I actually looked it up, I see what you mean. .. ... .... I feel ignorant now.
That's fine ::3: Now let's craft some chainmail out of pure fire, eh? . Anyway, I seem to have horrible connection problems to the server at the moment..

Antome said:
ttsgeb said:
Antome said:

That's fine ::3: Now let's craft some chainmail out of pure fire, eh? . Anyway, I seem to have horrible connection problems to the server at the moment..
You're connecting from a small island from the other side of the world :p What do you expect, lol

:stare:
I was wondering if It was a server problem.
More specifically, I'm constantly timing out.

I can't even connect anymore, so I don't think it's just you. You seemed to be connecting just fine the other day.

That's a good idea. We should have a piece of armor that insta- heals you, and if you want to play creative just wear it.

ttsgeb said:
I can't even connect anymore, so I don't think it's just you. You seemed to be connecting just fine the other day.

Just checked it out, server pc turned itself off and didn't want turn on again until I removed and reinserted the power cord. :stare:

Zero said:
ttsgeb said:

Just checked it out, server pc turned itself off and didn't want turn on again until I removed and reinserted the power cord. :stare:
that... would be why :dah:

and yes zero, we want a community chest filled with chainmail boots with -32657 damage :D

Need to take down the server because I need to use the PC for something else, but luckily ttsgeb offered to take over hosting for us. Server will be down from now until whenever he gets it all set up. The map and everyone's user group, position, and inventory will transfer over with the addition of ttsgeb being an op/admin. I also sent over all of our server mods, but its up to ttsgeb to decide whether he wants to run them or not. Hopefully the downtime shouldn't be too long, and thanks again to ttsgeb for offering to take over.

I'm working at it right now, It's gonna take a while to get my computer to agree to this, but I'm sure I can make it work.

EDIT: I apologize for the extended downtime, I'm having issues with ports getting through.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I won't be able to get the server up publicly until around the 12th due to the evil college internet connection that "Prevents Piracy", however, if there's anything that anyone wants worked on, I can work on a few things while I basically wait. So, far away lands? I can work to connect them. Stuff disappeared, I can work to rebuild it. I've also decided to be nice and not work on my own personal projects in game while other people can't, so I'll be glad to hear your ideas on what to do to make the map better for everyone.

I'm in Florida right now, banging my head against a table... for more reasons than just this...

After far to long of a downtime and many instances of me bashing my head against the table, keyboard, and various other objects, the server should be back up.

I'll spend the coming time making it work faster/better by tweaking my computer, but it should up and working decently now.

Usually a 2 minute lag to whatever I attempt to do on the server - and that's by myself.

That's odd. My computer might have been being stupid, or I could have a bad connection to where you are. I did notice that in the logs, though. From localhost, it's about a 15 second wait to load the land and then most everything is at the speed it should, though, so I'm calling it network issues. I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back